Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• We will make taylor an offer it will be substantial imo he will turn it down and we will rightly release him to the highest bidder 

all charlton fans should thank him for his service and wish him all the best at his new club 

it’s not a big deal 

One factor is whether Brentford still want him. I'm sure a decent offer from us will be taken seriously by him.
    Brentford have said that they still want to bring another forward in....................Taylor, who knows?, we will find out
  • I’ve been busy today. Have we bought Messi yet?
  • "Yeah has to be someone believable"

Then decide on a player that is completely unbelievable.

Good one lads!
  • What a bunch of saddos
  • Sponsored links:

• Not as reliable as the milkman that delivers to your great aunt's gardener, but it is a rumour.
  • Thought that would be a decent signing.....until reading his Wiki page :-)

Curtis was born in London. He is the godson of Chris Coleman, who played for and managed Wales.[25] Curtis supported Arsenal while growing up, but also watched Crystal Palacegames.[
  • iaitch said:
    With our injuries he's nailed on to get a start.
    If he starts he's nailed on to get an injury.

Hell, with our luck, if he gets out of bed he's nailed on to get an injury.
  • Valley11 said:
    Thought that would be a decent signing.....until reading his Wiki page :-)

Curtis was born in London. He is the godson of Chris Coleman, who played for and managed Wales.[25] Curtis supported Arsenal while growing up, but also watched Crystal Palacegames.[
    Don't care really about any of that.
    As long as he's a decent footballer and wants to play for us.
    That's all that matters. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Thought that would be a decent signing.....until reading his Wiki page :-)

Don't care really about any of that.
    As long as he's a decent footballer and wants to play for us.
    That's all that matters. 
    Yes, I knoooow. 
  • edited January 2020
    Andy Carroll more chance of Lewis Caroll and Lewis has a better injury record
    Is there anyone who doesn't have a better injury record than Carroll?  Maybe Gibbs but that's surely it.
  • edited January 2020
    Potentially a good signing, Curtis not Carroll! 
  • edited January 2020
    No one player is bigger than the club. I would be sorry to see Taylor go, but if his mind is made up, the sooner he is allowed to leave, the better. 
    Only Lyle Taylor, his agent and possibly Lee Bowyer will know if this is true.

• edited January 2020
    No one player is bigger than the club. I would be sorry to see Taylor go, but if his mind is made up, the sooner he is allowed to leave, the better. 
    Only Lyle Taylor, his agent and possibly Lee Bowyer will know if this statement is true.

It's three statements. Please be more specific because I need to know. 
  • I’m usually so focussed on our players but Curtis was one I definitely remember from our games v Portsmouth last season because he was annoying (unlike Green who I couldn’t remember).

Despite being Portsmouth’s top scorer he’s a winger rather than an out and out striker. Perhaps ideal for Bowyer’s diamond where the strikers drift out wide.

Might be another made up rumour, but this is the sort of signing that is realistic. Big money signings would be exciting to see but it would mean players coming in on much bigger wages than the rest of the squad, which can’t be good for team spirit.

Here’s the obligatory YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/-30YW4-K2dg

Look our for him in our games, he’s the 11 who tried to tackle Lapslie and scored the header at The Valley:

https://youtu.be/wD9taOnZGPw

https://youtu.be/qupDCEzcEIM

• Scored one in three for Portsmouth sounds decent
  • Uboat said:
    Only Lyle Taylor, his agent and possibly Lee Bowyer will know if this statement is true.

It's three statements. Please be more specific because I need to know. 
    Amended,  just for you.
  • Decent signing if happens.
  • Charlton related rumour.  Recco Hackett Fairchild could be heading back to league footy with Pompey close to signing him.