Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Curbey said:
    The names we are being linked doesn't seem like we have as much money as some people originally thought.
    What are you expecting, Sancho, Piatek and Bentancur?
    No something above a bloke with Arthritis in his toe and a John Bostock though. Still trust Bowyer and Gallen
  • 8 loans is possible but the loaning clubs won't be keen.

They expect their players to at least be in the 18 when fit.

OK, when fit is a big ask but imagine being the manager of a premier club taking a call from Gallen saying "we want your young prospect as our 8th loan".

• No way we could afford Gayle or that he would go to a side facing relegation. I think every club in the championship would take him
  • No way we could afford Gayle or that he would go to a side facing relegation. I think every club in the championship would take him
    We now have money and money talks. I think this would be a statement of intent 
  • mart77 said:
    My mate, a West Ham fan just text me saying it looks like Cullen is signing a new deal for Hammers!
    No Idea where his info is from...
    The ExWHUemployee guy on Twitter who is seen as one of West Ham’s most itk fans has said it looks like Cullen will be signing a new deal with them soon. 

If ESI were going to pull any rabbits out of hats I had hoped this might have been one, as tough as I knew getting a deal done would be.
    Getting him on a longer deal increases his sale value to WHU both now and especially in the summer.
    Yeah that could well be the case. West Ham are signing up a few of their youngsters to new deals by all accounts. I still think it’d be a real stretch to get him on a perm but to me it would be far greater than getting the likes of Toney or maybe even Gayle.
  • Ivan Toney scores again for Peterborough today, against a very good (if not full strength) Burnley side
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:
    I'd love us to bring back Jordan Cousins. 
    Could definitely do a job for us
    I never rated him that much first time round.....some did I know but I wasn’t one of them.
    This.
  • Curbey said:
    The names we are being linked doesn't seem like we have as much money as some people originally thought.
    DOH!

Honestly, some mothers do have ‘em!
  • In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?
    Gallagher, Cullen, Green and Amos. So unless there are anymore lossed in the Medical room that leaves 4 loanees to fill the 8 places. These 4 need to be quality and I would keep Amos in case Dillon gets injured but not put him on the bench, but let Maynard-Brewer deputise if the injury occurs in a match. This free's up a place for another loan player.
    At any one time at least 2 of the 8 will have slight knocks and won't be up for selection.
    ( As it's Cafc could be 6!)

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs. The best scenario is Taylor stays but we get another goalscorer to be included with Bonne which would leave as strong up front as opposed to the side that played the last 45 at Swansea.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI: talking stops and action starts.

Can’t see us going for Toney now. We tried in the summer and Posh turned £4m knowing he’d be worth even more this year. I expect a low ranking Prem side to pick him up for £10m this window or next. At that price I don’t think Gallen/ESI would think that’s great value for money. Gallen will have identified other up and coming strikers who will have as much potential but are significantly cheaper.
    What we need is a proven striker (given the position we find ourselves in), not an up and coming one.
  • In the dim and distant past Charlton used to buy experienced scorers in the twilight of their careers to avoid relegation. Examples were Ron Saunders and Ray Crawford.
  • Not forgetting Cliff Holton and for a third time the legendary Eddie Firmani.
  • Not forgetting Cliff Holton and for a third time the legendary Eddie Firmani.
    Or the Great Nicky Forster. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not saying Josh won't sign a new deal at West Ham or that he will but...

He will be 24 at the end of this season.  

If they get him to sign a contract just to loan him out next season he will be nearer 30 than 20 when his loan finishes.

West Ham don't run a "buy to let" business like Chelsea do.

If they offer him a new contract to get more money when they sell him, what's in it for Josh?  The smaller fee the buyer has to pay, the bigger package they can offer Josh.

If he was 3 years younger it would make much more sense.   He either needs to play for West Ham or leave. 
    He probably thinks he can play at a higher level than Charlton, and he's absolutely right.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

If they get him to sign a contract just to loan him out next season he will be nearer 30 than 20 when his loan finishes.

If they offer him a new contract to get more money when they sell him, what's in it for Josh?  The smaller fee the buyer has to pay, the bigger package they can offer Josh.

If he was 3 years younger it would make much more sense.   He either needs to play for West Ham or leave. 
    He probably thinks he can play at a higher level than Charlton, and he's absolutely right.
    I agree, like I said he needs to leave West Ham, I didn't say that ment coming to us.  Although I will be thrilled if he did. 
  • In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?
    Gallagher, Cullen, Green and Amos. So unless there are anymore lossed in the Medical room that leaves 4 loanees to fill the 8 places. These 4 need to be quality and I would keep Amos in case Dillon gets injured but not put him on the bench, but let Maynard-Brewer deputise if the injury occurs in a match. This free's up a place for another loan player.
    At any one time at least 2 of the 8 will have slight knocks and won't be up for selection.
    ( As it's Cafc could be 6!)

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs. The best scenario is Taylor stays but we get another goalscorer to be included with Bonne which would leave as strong up front as opposed to the side that played the last 45 at Swansea.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI: talking stops and action starts.

Can’t see us going for Toney now. We tried in the summer and Posh turned £4m knowing he’d be worth even more this year. I expect a low ranking Prem side to pick him up for £10m this window or next. At that price I don’t think Gallen/ESI would think that’s great value for money. Gallen will have identified other up and coming strikers who will have as much potential but are significantly cheaper.
    What we need is a proven striker (given the position we find ourselves in), not an up and coming one.

Like Hemed?
  • Sponsored links:

• NON-CHARLTON RUMOUR
    Just seen one on twitter saying that Portsmouth want to sign our old Striker: Recco Hackett from Bromley
  • Got 2 get a striker or two in soon.
  • DOUCHER said:
    my man in the know (mitk from now on) - has confirmed that he was told field is out for the season and has told me who told him so i very much doubt it's not right
    You sure he is not getting mixed up with Leko. A lot of evidence seems to suggest Field will be staying. 

Though maybe it depends on who we get in over this transfer window, and if we need that loan spot more urgently. 
    That’s why I double checked earlier

• Matěj Vydra (Burnley) Adam Idah (Norwich) Glenn Murray (Brighton)
  • Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    Doucher said he was out for the season, didn’t see anyone else say it. His treatment remains at West Brom, so unless he is claiming to have inside knowledge at the Baggies, I doubt anyone knows the extent right now. I don’t. 
    was told the night we played swansea by my 'man in the know' who i watched the game with on tv - i can't remember where he got the info from or even whether he told me who told him - he's got a number of club insiders and i think i can guess where this one has come from - but wouldn't have been direct from the baggies - i've just text him to ask if he's certain and will report back - sorry if i've upset anybody and will try and get physio names, hospital details, scan references etc of course but may take a while to compile the complete dossier - bear with me, please 
    Sarcasm like that is what doesn’t help you.

The point being, you’re the only one who has said he’s out for the season. Cawley for example, is normally very good and right on top of these things, just the same as when Leko got injured and we found he’s out for the season and some of next. Just the same as I get asked and questioned, when passing on information, others are entitled to question the validity. That’s not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not saying you are either. I’ve said I don’t know the extent because the treatment and information will come from the West Brom end. But it’s only right to question it when one person has said so, and there’s no supporting information behind a statement. 
    Sorry that wasn’t directed at you - was a bit of ‘banter’ following on from the rumours page the other day - and don’t worry about what does and doesn’t help me - 
  • I’m well versed in the inquisition that follows on from giving information 
  • cafcwill said:
    I'd love us to bring back Jordan Cousins. 
    Could definitely do a job for us
    I never rated him that much first time round.....some did I know but I wasn’t one of them.
    Agreed - would be s backward step unless s short term help 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I’d offer him the captains armband as well