Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• He's the idiot that almost chopped his finger off
  • Charlton related rumour.  Recco Hackett Fairchild could be heading back to league footy with Pompey close to signing him.
    To soften the blow of losing Curtis? Probably not
  • He's the idiot that almost chopped his finger off
    Did he have arthritis? 
  • edited January 2020
    In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?
    Gallagher, Cullen, Green and Amos. So unless there are anymore lossed in the Medical room that leaves 4 loanees to fill the 8 places. These 4 need to be quality and I would keep Amos in case Dillon gets injured but not put him on the bench, but let Maynard-Brewer deputise if the injury occurs in a match. This free's up a place for another loan player.
    At any one time at least 2 of the 8 will have slight knocks and won't be up for selection.
    ( As it's Cafc could be 6!)

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs. The best scenario is Taylor stays but we get another goalscorer to be included with Bonne which would leave as strong up front as opposed to the side that played the last 45 at Swansea.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI: talking stops and action starts.

• In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?
    Gallagher, Cullen, Green and Amos. So unless there are anymore lossed in the Medical room that leaves 4 loanees to fill the 8 places. These 4 need to be quality and I would keep Amos in case Dillon gets injured but not put him on the bench, but let Maynard-Brewer deputise if the injury occurs in a match. This free's up a place for another loan player.
    At any one time at least 2 of the 8 will have slight knocks and won't be up for selection.

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and CSI: talking stops and action starts.

In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and CSI: talking stops and action starts.

Thought Amos was permanent 
  • Amos is ours 
  • Not seen Curtis this year but from what I saw of him and Pompey last year he was often their best player. 
  • Redrobo said:

Thought Amos was permanent 
    He is.
  • edited January 2020
    Amos is not a loan Sam, he signed on a one year deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    People seriously need to chill.

Does anyone honestly think we will be bringing in just two more players, a centre midfielder and another striker? Then to also say about the battle of relegation, and how League One would be a disaster. Sure, it would be horrendous, but it’s not going to happen.

ESI have been trying to run things for at least a week. They’re now in the driving seat, but they’ve only just managed to put their seat belt on and put their foot on the clutch ready for first gear. The engine gets started tomorrow. The real work begins tomorrow. Transfers and discussions with various people will be in motion and they’re going to ensure Bowyer has the tools to steer us to safety.

We have won only 1 game in 14 but are still 5 points and a better goal difference outside the relegation zone. Yes we had a great start and people keep saying we would be bottom without it. Sure, you’re right, but those first 6 games was when we actually had a squad of senior players. The moment the first international break came was the moment things started falling apart for us with injuries. Since we beat Derby 3-0, Williams last game for us, we have picked up 7 points. That not only shows the position the team were in when we actually had a team and squad of players, but also how poor some teams below us are, even with them picking up some decent results themselves lately. But that’s going to happen.

As I said yesterday, let’s cut the squabbling and negativity because things are now very much in hand. Let’s look at the bigger picture and know we have almost half our squad of players still to come back from injury as well as others who will be joining, and more than just two more. These young kids have been a credit to themselves and the club. They’ve kept us competitive and we have never been completely out of a game in all this time. Now it’s time that they’re going to get some help. So let’s get behind them and trust the work that will be going ahead.

I’ve heard some good snippets over the last couple of days. It’s important we leave the negativity behind and move forward together. We will be okay this season. 
    Great post. 

I'm confident that if we'd kept 80-90% of our squad fit then we'd be up there in the top 6. Especially when you see Millwall up there.

People need to be realistic, yes we have money, but we're not going to go out and buy 7-8 players in this window as when the original players return we'll have far too many. If we can sign a striker, centre mid, centre back and left back and get the likes of Williams, Bonne, Hemed, Cullen, Oztumer and Field back fit then we're going to be ok.
    Field is out injured for the season 
    If that's the case about Sam Field then that's a massive shame for us because I thought he was pretty decent.
    So why don't we do what we have done with Leko and give him back to West Brom then that opens up another possible loan move opportunity for another player to bring in?

i believe we have
    Who?
  • Has field been terminated now then? 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Has field been terminated now then? 
    I thought someone posted he was out for the season.
  • RedChaser said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Haven't seen nothing confirmed that it has been terminated but as RedChaser said that someone has posted he is out for the season 
  • edited January 2020
    RedChaser said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Haven't seen nothing confirmed that it has been terminated but as RedChaser said that someone has posted he is out for the season 
    Hold the back page WBA say his loan continues as of 31/12/19 https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/december/baggies-boss-offers-injury-update/
  • Talal said:
    If he is staying with us you'd hope he'd be back by the end of the month/early Feb, otherwise not much point in using up the loan space. 
    Completely agree
  • Clearly he’s not out for the season 
  • Talal said:
    If he is staying with us you'd hope he'd be back by the end of the month/early Feb, otherwise not much point in using up the loan space. 
    True but maybe WBA don't want to pay his wages after he got injured with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    cfgs said:
    Talal said:
    Isn't it standard with a season long loan that players can either be recalled or sent back in January? Could be wrong but I would've thought WBA wouldn't have a choice if we wanted to terminate it. 
  • Nothing has been mentioned about Kayal. I assume he’s still officially counts as one of our 5 loan players.
  • Talal said:
    cfgs said:
    Talal said:
    Isn't it standard with a season long loan that players can either be recalled or sent back in January? Could be wrong but I would've thought WBA wouldn't have a choice if we wanted to terminate it. 
    Depends on the list agreement or if clubs can agree something, I think he will be back at some point this season.
  • Andy Carroll more chance of Lewis Caroll and Lewis has a better injury record
    Is there anyone who doesn't have a better injury record than Carroll?  Maybe Gibbs but that's surely it.
    Jack Wiltshire 

• Doucher in conference with his 'Man in the know'

l look a bit more like james bond than that carly - think of a cross between sean connery and roger moore in their prime
  • I would get a 6th loan, a midfielder who is fit now.  By the time Field and Cullen get fit you could rotate the 4 loan midfielders and perm 3 from 4.

We are desperate for another body else we will loose more to injury. 
  • In this transfer window, we must utilize the 8 loans allowed in the EFL; with 5 allowed to be in the 18 man squad. So Kayal,Field and Leko unfortunately are terminated loans which leaves Cafc with ?

So 4 loanees and 2 permanents with one marquee signing: EG Toney from Posh if Taylor departs. The best scenario is Taylor stays but we get another goalscorer to be included with Bonne which would leave as strong up front as opposed to the side that played the last 45 at Swansea.

No time for a honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI: talking stops and action starts.

Can’t see us going for Toney now. We tried in the summer and Posh turned £4m knowing he’d be worth even more this year. I expect a low ranking Prem side to pick him up for £10m this window or next. At that price I don’t think Gallen/ESI would think that’s great value for money. Gallen will have identified other up and coming strikers who will have as much potential but are significantly cheaper.