Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    Doucher said he was out for the season, didn’t see anyone else say it. His treatment remains at West Brom, so unless he is claiming to have inside knowledge at the Baggies, I doubt anyone knows the extent right now. I don’t. 
    was told the night we played swansea by my 'man in the know' who i watched the game with on tv - i can't remember where he got the info from or even whether he told me who told him - he's got a number of club insiders and i think i can guess where this one has come from - but wouldn't have been direct from the baggies - i've just text him to ask if he's certain and will report back - sorry if i've upset anybody and will try and get physio names, hospital details, scan references etc of course but may take a while to compile the complete dossier - bear with me, please 
    Sarcasm like that is what doesn’t help you.

The point being, you’re the only one who has said he’s out for the season. Cawley for example, is normally very good and right on top of these things, just the same as when Leko got injured and we found he’s out for the season and some of next. Just the same as I get asked and questioned, when passing on information, others are entitled to question the validity. That’s not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not saying you are either. I’ve said I don’t know the extent because the treatment and information will come from the West Brom end. But it’s only right to question it when one person has said so, and there’s no supporting information behind a statement. 
    Sorry that wasn’t directed at you - was a bit of ‘banter’ following on from the rumours page the other day - and don’t worry about what does and doesn’t help me - 
    That apology is the equivalent of helping an opponent to his feet after a poorly-timed challenge but pulling his arm hair at the last moment.
    He’ll learn 
  • DOUCHER said:
    my man in the know (mitk from now on) - has confirmed that he was told field is out for the season and has told me who told him so i very much doubt it's not right
    He’s not out for the season, looking for a late February return. I expect us to keep him. 
    Ok fine, how do u know that? Genuine question not a dig or anything 
  • Bloody hell leave it out with the inquisition @DOUCHER
  • Chunes said:
    Bloody hell leave it out with the inquisition @DOUCHER
    Answer 1 will tell us if the lamp and thumbscrews need to come out 
  • A genuine rumour, Bowyer wanted him in the summer, another winger/striker.
  • Scoham said:
    A genuine rumour, Bowyer wanted him in the summer, another winger/striker.
    Woodgate and Bow are mates, should help us over Oxford.
  • Dwight Gayle and Glen Murray would do me!
  • Scoham said:
    Woodgate and Bow are mates, should help us over Oxford.
    Will know Cullen and Page from West Ham but was with Oxford last season. Which means he would definitely choose us, very few voluntarily go back to spend time with Robbo! 

Not sure if he’s Championship quality yet, but might be worth a punt. 

• Matěj Vydra (Burnley) Adam Idah (Norwich) Glenn Murray (Brighton)
    Idah scored for Norwich today.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    We were just beaten to the signing of Browne in the summer. He is one we thought we had all but signed, until Middlesbrough came along at the last moment and offered him more.

Can definitely see him being a player we are looking to sign this month.
    Hmm he isn't getting in the boro team & 3 Division 1 teams are after him. Without knowing anything else about him is he really what we are looking for in our battle against relegation ? Would have thought we needed a bit more experience rather than another "promising" youngster. 
  • Scoham said:
    We tried to sign him before from West Ham

• Matěj Vydra (Burnley) Adam Idah (Norwich) Glenn Murray (Brighton)
    Idah just scored a hattrick in FA Cup
  • edited January 2020
    Ivan Toney scores again for Peterborough today, against a very good (if not full strength) Burnley side
    Deleted comment

• Not good enough to get into a shit Boro team? Doesn’t exactly sound enticing does it 
    Anfernee Dijksteel can barely get in their team...
  • Not good enough to get into a shit Boro team? Doesn’t exactly sound enticing does it 
    Dijksteel is out injured for another 2 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Not good enough to get into a shit Boro team? Doesn’t exactly sound enticing does it 
    Dijksteel is out injured for another 2 months.
    Our next loan signing.
  • cfgs said:

Well Curtis is in the starting line up for Pompey away at Fleetwood.
  • cfgs said:
    cfgs said:

Well Curtis is in the starting line up for Pompey away at Fleetwood.
    Grant played for us last year and moved 2 days later so hopefully don’t mean anything either way. 
    Exactly CAFCjakey's neighbours can't be wrong can they. 
  • If you think about it Gallen has spent the last few months (or longer) working on deals that we might be able to do.
    No doubt talking to clubs.
    So it won't be a surprise to me if our first few signings are within the budget we KNEW we had.

We could hardly be contacting clubs and discussing what they wanted on the basis that we might be taken over, even if we may have had preliminary talks in recent weeks.
    You would think that he had a striker on a perm and a loan midfielder lined up regardless of the take over.  As others have said Green is the replacement for Leko.  Which would have been done in the last month. 

• Bostock made sense but I will look at Forest's line up at Stamford Bridge tomorrow with interest. It will also be complicated because his parent team is Toulouse. He is out of contract in the summer. 

I had thought Kevin McDonald at Fulham was a possibility he has now signed a year extension and played today.

Other midfielders that may be available are :Andy King ( Leicester) Rangers on loan , Liam Bridcutt ( Forest) Bolton on loan.
    Tom Carroll ( Swansea) 

Any left backs or centre backs? 
  • All these loan rumours. Hard to believe we’re now only second to Man City in the rich stakes.
  • Crusty54 said:
    In the dim and distant past Charlton used to buy experienced scorers in the twilight of their careers to avoid relegation. Examples were Ron Saunders and Ray Crawford.
    Cliff Holton.