Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall's first press conference: suggestions for questions

Comments

• Options
    5 is my lucky number.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Did he really say “marquee signings”?
    Got me chomping at the bit
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Tell us more about Tahnoon Nimer...

"He oversees more than 60 businesses. He’s seen what’s gone at Man City and the project there. For him, he has seen that and wants to do it. ."

Christ I missed that comment!!
    CAFC twitter didn't directly quote City?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

"He oversees more than 60 businesses. He’s seen what’s gone at Man City and the project there. For him, he has seen that and wants to do it. ."

Christ I missed that comment!!
    CAFC twitter didn't directly quote City?
    No but Covered End Lad was getting his info from elsewhere surely as there was more depth to the headlines
  • Options
    Said Nimers seen what's happened at city and wants some of it
  • Options
    Phil Foden the loan signing them

Aguero - De Bruyne - Laporte the three perm signings
  • Options
    Wow he really is going for it isn't he
  • Options
    He definitely mentioned Man City. 
    He did. Said HE had seen what City have done and wants a bit of it.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"He oversees more than 60 businesses. He’s seen what’s gone at Man City and the project there. For him, he has seen that and wants to do it. You’ve seen his tweets.... everyone has a love for football and it’s no different from him. He’s passionate from the conversations I’ve had it’s clear he has done his research and knows about the club."

• Options
    As I said on the MS first interview thread....give them a chance please!!! Been in the door a few days and people were 'questioning' what they were doing, how much money etc etc. So now in today's press conference and none of us were expecting LB to be offered a 5-yr deal to start with, 3 offers for perm players have been made, LT to stay unless a really stupidly high offer comes in for him, but door still open for further discussions about staying here, Marquee signings will be made, and they have only been here a week!!! Now please lets give them some space, get behind them and see where we go, time to start enjoying the football again. Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy!!!
    this
  • Options
    Image result for gotta have faith gif
    #faithinnimer
  • Options
    After reading some of the players linked & LB situation, was borderline, South Coast walking on saturday or the Valley ? Boycott over 07/05/16 - 11/01/20 & Covered End it is :smiley:  
  • Options

Lyle Taylor, any updates?

We made an offer quite a few weeks ago. I met with his representative, had discussions and the ball was in the rep’s court. I felt for the long-term and what I am trying to do at the club, I felt it was a very good offer way above the model. The players we’re trying to get in now... there will be marquee signings, players we feel can strengthen the team. He’s our player. If he comes and says to get around the table, let’s do this, then of course my door and Lee’s door is open.

@Redhenry If youre correct on this one, i think we can expect a statement from Lyle in the next day or so
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind betting the player that Bows said he met last night due to Southall's efforts was a Peterborough player as we saw MS with the Posh chairman earlier in the week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallagher isnt being recalled either
    Says who?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Says who?
    Says Gallen... said there is a recall clause but Chelsea have given no indication of wanting to recall him
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Says who?
    Says Gallen... said there is a recall clause but Chelsea have given no indication of wanting to recall him
    In fact, they have indicated the exact opposite.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Says who?
    Ah cool, didnt even see Gallen mention it. 
  • Options
    Thanks @covered_end_junior for the updates 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    One thing not mentioned on the link I was getting the updates from was Conor Gallagher but it looks like they did ask about him. Gallen replied that Chelsea are very pleased with his progress, there is a recall but they have not indicated that they will do that. As far as we are concerned he will be staying.
  • Options
    I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. I haven't been massively critical of them, but I did believe they were delaying a new deal for Bowyer. Seems I was wrong. 
    Same. It's strange how it went through the press, but maybe there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication somewhere along the line that has now been sorted out.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Did he really say “marquee signings”?
    The clowns from Billy Smarts circus
  • Options
    How do you make marquee signings without spending millions?