Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall's first press conference: suggestions for questions

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Will his Excellency buy an off-peak travel card from city airport to Charlton like the last owner ?
    It will be a private plane. Let's not pretend the Sheikh's not involved. We have the Chairman AND CEO of ADBD in charge of Charlton. We are the 61st of his company's. 
    I don't do Whooshes, but if I did...

I thought we did have to pretend the sheikh wasn't involved or else the EFL wouldn't have endorsed the change of ownership ?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    robroy said:
    Why did Matt not say straight away that they had offered Bowyer a five year contract. 

Enjoyed the press conference and he came across well, but he should have said a lot of things from the get go 
    Inexperience.
    Like this one @Covered End

Oh Matthew don't let the nonbeliver mock you.  I will go down on one, or two, knee
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Can you turn your pockets out please?

Edit: For info I have an interest in trouser pocket linings and used to have a photographic collection of the most interesting examples
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    What's your exit strategy.
    Whatever the answer was I bet it wasn't  this one.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Southall: how important to grow financially off the field?

"We need to focus on increasing revenue streams across the board. A lot of fans stayed away due to the previous owners. It’s not luring them back, they should want to come back. We took 38k to Wembley, the support is massive. We should be filling this stadium week-in, week-out. We will get back up that league. The fans have welcomed us and we will invest into the club. We need to increase revenue before increasing costs. That’s sustainable, sensible."

skint
    Judge and all those who lol’d me should apologise as is the new norm 
  • Options

"We need to focus on increasing revenue streams across the board. A lot of fans stayed away due to the previous owners. It’s not luring them back, they should want to come back. We took 38k to Wembley, the support is massive. We should be filling this stadium week-in, week-out. We will get back up that league. The fans have welcomed us and we will invest into the club. We need to increase revenue before increasing costs. That’s sustainable, sensible."

skint
    Judge and all those who lol’d me should apologise as is the new norm 
    I didn't "LOL" is the original post but I have this one - only because I didn't think anyone else would be up at this time of the morning so you fully deserve one for being awake still. I'll even change it to a "Like" if that means I don't have to apologise for this "LOL"
  • Options

Lyle Taylor, any updates?

We made an offer quite a few weeks ago. I met with his representative, had discussions and the ball was in the rep’s court. I felt for the long-term and what I am trying to do at the club, I felt it was a very good offer way above the model. The players we’re trying to get in now... there will be marquee signings, players we feel can strengthen the team. He’s our player. If he comes and says to get around the table, let’s do this, then of course my door and Lee’s door is open.

This worked out well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Head in hands time.
  • Options
    Matt, do you know what Charlie Ronce means?