Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall's first press conference: suggestions for questions

Comments

• Options
    And how many "likes" did I get for posting that Matt Southall's one of our own ? 

Just saying.....

:smile:
  • Options
    And now we got Lee Bowyer 😀
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Available across club channels at 6pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Did he really say “marquee signings”?
    You sure he didn't say Marquis. Don't really want him :-(
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We needed to hear two major things.

Lee Bowyer being offered a decent contract. 5 years and a decent wage increase.I'm sure Lee's wife will snap his Rod in half( this is not a euphemism) if he doesn't sign a 5 year contract as long as it's a Championship contract and not a League 1 contract.

Lyle Taylor staying to the end of Season unless a big transfer fee is involved and why would anyone pay 5 or 6 million when he can sign for nothing in 5 months ?

I'm fed up reading about what people have heard on the Grapevine. Direct quotes from the main people like MS and LB are all that matter.

Every player who comes to Charlton whether on loan or Permanent wants to know if the Manager is staying or going any time soon. Great to hear that and as long as Taylor doesn't goes for 2 million on the 31 January every thing seems rosy, other than I'm not sure where a goal is coming from this Saturday.

Thanks to all the CL members who pass on news from the horses mouth and not what their next door neighbour's cousin said, who is Mate's with the kit man. 

First real sign that we have new owners today who realize their opening gambit was a bit fluffy and didn't address the nitty gritty of how exactly we were staying up as I couldn't work out if they were going to do an auction for Taylor or he stays and can walk for nothing in the summer which must be the best option for Cafc fans if they don't agree personal terms on a new 2 year with a one year option before May.

• Options
    Not sure if mentioned but press conference will be on the cafc youtube channel from 6PM
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Sky sports just announced Charlton press conference coming up shortly 
    I'm 30 minutes from home, can you ask them to delay things?
    Another half day @Elfsborg 😉.
    Just off the plane from Rio.
    What did Rio say about the takeover?
  • Options
    The clubs lawyers must of been busy with all those offers heading out to players and staff.  Allez allez allez 
    We will conquer all of Europe
    We are never going to stop
    From Middlesborough down to Bristol
    We are going to win the lot!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Not sure if mentioned but press conference will be on the cafc youtube channel from 6PM
    its live now

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He definitely mentioned Man City. 
    What got me interested again
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Talal said:
    JFC on the bench sat.
    Thanks Yoda.
    Quite possibly the best post on here for years. Bravo.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    How do you make marquee signings without spending millions?
    Perhaps he's not referring to this window but the summer and onwards (once we are in the Prem)