Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Too much expectation that the injured players coming back will transform things. 

It did not happen today.
  • Options
    We needed to do more in the transfer window. Maybe ESI didn’t have the money to force it but fact is we had a month to basically try and buy our way out of trouble as the squad we have is gonna be close to the wire.

As I say if they didn’t have the money they didn’t have the money - but I wanted to see us get a massive injection of quality and we didn’t do enough 
    ESI/Southall needs to answer a few questions from the floor at the hopeful Bromley branch meeting in March/April.
  • Options
    Is Field actually fit? Bit of a snub to bring in Davis straight away when Field has been on the bench in recent weeks
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    10th away game of the season for me and by far the worst performance. 
    Absolutely shite. 
    That's about it. 
    Luton wasn’t one of those 10 then?
    I went to Luton. 
    For me today was far far worse 
  • Options
    Have we won a single game in that bastard black kit?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yes, Stoke have better players than us, and yes they have a very good home record.

Neither of which are excuses for us not even having a decent spell in the game. We looked absolutely toothless.

And that stadium is an absolute nightmare to get to and from. 
    The worst away day in the league. No town to speak of, miles away from the station, forced to drink in 1/2 shit bars and shepherded and bussed everywhere you went.
  • Options
    At least our next game will be easy.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    Yes, Stoke have better players than us, and yes they have a very good home record.

Neither of which are excuses for us not even having a decent spell in the game. We looked absolutely toothless.

And that stadium is an absolute nightmare to get to and from. 
    The worst away day in the league. No town to speak of, miles away from the station, forced to drink in 1/2 shit bars and shepherded and bussed everywhere you went.
    Should have googled, then taxi to a pub from there.
  • Options
    Have we won a single game in that bastard black kit?
    Nope. Might as well go with the blue against Forest, brighter colour might bring a brighter result.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players looked knackered and and lacking in energy, it was a really flat performance, almost as if we’d already played the forest game already, how Lee changes it around to get something out of the forest game I don’t know, the team looked like they hadn’t played together before, and we got rinsed down the flanks time and time again, I really wish we had a strong defence!
  • Options
    Sounds like we were poor, personally would have Sarr starting as he is a goal threat, we haven't seen McGeady yet and Bonne hopefully isn't too far away (we miss him)

Forest will be tough but not impossible, we need to start picking up points away from home, next few weeks are going to be important, need to draw other teams into the scrap 
  • Options
    3 points for me:

- How many goals have we conceded with a through ball played inside the LB/LCB position and shot across Dills.

- The number of goals conceded within the early stages of the 2nd half and injury time could to our (league based) downfall. 

- Starting 3/4 players back from mid term injury is not working.
  • Options
    Ref had a shocker, players had a shocker.
    Don't forget the lino at our end.
  • Options
    Was at the game, after making it 1-1 just before HT I thought we would come out at the start of the 2nd half all guns blazing, but that 2nd half was a disgrace and we can’t just rely on our home form, I must admit I’m starting to get worried now after watching this performance and lets me honest last weeks wasn’t good either.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Is Field actually fit? Bit of a snub to bring in Davis straight away when Field has been on the bench in recent weeks
    Davis has been playing weekly for Birmingham

Field hasnt played since October

For what its worth I think we'll see Field start in place of Pratley on Tuesday
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Men against boys . Stoke looked like they had two or three more players on the pitch and they didn’t even get out of 2nd gear . 
    I wish Williams would attempt to go past players instead of looking for the free kick nearly every single time . 
    We’ll get nothing on Tuesday either . If we’re going to stay up it’s all about what we do at home . 
    Surely it's about time William's got a goal for us. I know what he provides attacking wise, but he's had 33 games now and not scored.
  • Options
    Cannot remember him being in their final third?
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    For such an attacking player you'd expect some goal return. It's odds on surely?
  • Options
    Forget the result.
    Worst away day in years.
    Stoke as a club need to have a look at themselves.
    First time I can say a ground i will never visit again , was like going back 30 years.
    More to follow when sobered up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BR3red said:
    For such an attacking player you'd expect some goal return. It's odds on surely?
    Er no....

His stats for the last 10 years.....

3 goals 🤣

Surprisingly he is 26????

He looks knackered in the warm up...
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the noise we made on the train and tube coming home. Suspect Dillon was secretly cringing as we serenaded him on the tube, Our shake it up baby in Euston station was like a scene from Fame. Oh the stuff that happened this afternoon?...Nah
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Some interesting facts and thoughts on the large police presence today from the home fans perspective -
    http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293630/police-presence
  • Options
    PWR

Don’t get too high from the victories and again don’t get too low from the defeats. With players coming back and new players to bed in, Bow is still trying to sort things out. 

He will know that our midfield trio of Cullen, Pratley and Davis didn’t work today, but he won’t be panicking about it. 

I would expect to see a different team and performance. We did well against Forest by attacking them so I expect that to be the case again. 

3 points from our last two games is ok. And 3 points from our next two will be too. 

I think today, the key player on the pitch was Joe Allen. He was a class apart and completely stopped us from creating attacks through the middle of the pitch.
  • Options
    Why do we constantly concede after half time, wtf is happening in that dressing room at half time
  • Options
    Some interesting facts and thoughts on the large police presence today from the home fans perspective -
    http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293630/police-presence
    We heard the story today about the pub being attacked when they played us earlier in the season - first I've heard. the comments on the Stoke thread very ironic. If the fan who thinks waving us off at the station is amusing I suspect his dinner repartee will be very dry. as for the thing that called us beige, that was the colour of the jumper one of the Stoke teletubbies at the station was wearing..beige. their support truly shite. Only Barnsley worse. They only know two songs, and can only manage em when they score.
  • Options
    Lyle didn’t track his man for the first goal. Matthews played Ince onside for their second. Lockyer let Powell get across him for their third. 
    Shit defending throughout the team.
  • Options

Stoke pay us back with a 3-1 whipping in their favour but we won’t have the possession or shots that they had back in August .
    a big wake up call that this season is gonna go to the wire 

As predicted and sadly the relegation battle I foresaw a long time ago even when sitting upper  “mid table” 
    has become a reality and I’m not sure we are equipped to deal with it.
    McGeady can be the key , someone who offers different from the norm .
    We are the worse team in the league over the last 18 games and there isn’t a sign of turning this sinking ship back just yet .

65%   13th-21st ..........................35%   Relegation