Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    As close to the relegation trapdoor as we have been .... You were warned 

Until we're in that bottom 3 I'm not worried. Think we were conserving our players based on the last 20 minutes commentary.

Still shit tactics and time wasting will lead to losses more often than not.
  • Options
    Got what we deserved. Dreadful from start to finish and should have changed the shape at half time. Poor from Bowyer tonight. Lets hope for better at the weekend.
  • Options
    That was an awful game and no idea what management have learnt since playing the "kids."  Our best games have come from attacking and having options. The goal didnt surprise me, but now eyes are on Bows for these last minute goals, not the team. Remember they should have scored at 45.22 too!!
  • Options
    bollocks
  • Options
    Our only creative midfielder coming off at 55 minutes for Lapslie was when we lost this game
  • Options
    Seething. See the game out, they're professional footballers? Now just two points above the top three. Why can't we ever build on a good result. From ecstasy to agony in 4 short days.
  • Options
    Need to win these next two games or we are done for. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Why play it into the corner and then try and hold their players off. They got a freekick every time we touched them, not surprising it happened again. Should have played it into the box. 

They missed so so many chances and I thought we were going to hold on. Lots of pressure on Saturday now. 
  • Options
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
  • Options
    Bowyer got it wrong again today! 
    Seems to be a consistent feature of bowyer - such a bipolar manager , one week gets it spot on then next 100% dreadful! 

To cling on for a draw from the off is shocking , and the shape was poor too- was nothing learnt from the good patch vs Luton!!? 

2 points clear of relegation , and EVERY other team in the bottom 4 are picking up points and pulling out performances! 

Fear for us now, as bowyers negativity and failure to be proactive is costing us game after game! 
  • Options
    The defeat is completely on Bowyer. Shocking from start to finish 
  • Options
    Not able to watch - can someone describe just what happened leading to their goal, please?
  • Options
    Gutting. That said had Wednesday scored a couple before that I don't think we'd have many complaints. Taylor hitting the bar and the 1 close in, that was it. Phillips made one world class save and 2 other very good saves plus a whole load of half chances for them. Poor performance overall.

We cannot keep sitting back inviting this pressure, Wednesday played us perfectly, drop back let us have the ball because they knew we had no ideas and just end up pumping it long time after time. 
  • Options
    24 shots, 8 on target for Wed, when we had 6 shots, 1 on target

Against a struggling team, that's piss poor

• Options
    Ridiculously immature yellow card for Lapslie - why kick the ball away when it's next to their corner flag?  Ref would've blown up immediately otherwise
  • Options
    Our only creative midfielder coming off at 55 minutes for Lapslie was when we lost this game
    I'd argue conceding the goal on 95 minutes was probably more of a problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get relegated then Bows has to go.

Yes. I mean it.

Too negative.
    You love it 
  • Options
    It doesn’t look good does it? Barnsley, Wigan and Luton all creeping up on us now 
  • Options
    So who`s going to be first to say Bowyer out ? same shit different week.
  • Options
    Silly bookings also mounting up 

Lockyer now misses hudds and boro -  well done 
  • Options
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    No it wasn't. It was great from Matthews and Phillips. Pearce maybe. Lockyer and Oshilaja were playing actively badly
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    shine166 said:
    Need to win these next two games or we are done for. 
     We definitely need to win Saturday, but keep going with the Win one, lose one and we'll be fine. Though I really don't want us to try to obtain those results like we did today.
  • Options
    A better team would have annihilated us tonight.  But to ride our luck and then get done like that - woeful.
  • Options
    Genuinely could've lost that game 3 or 4-0. 

The set-up was all wrong and no one can tell me we deserved anything from that game.