Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Taking off Oztumer: Wrong
    Time wasting from the 60th minute: Wrong.
    Not going for goal with the 92nd minute free kick: Wrong.  
    Lapslie kicking the ball away: Dumb (the ref added on time).
    Beyond angry. 
    Oztumer was useless, poor performance from him.
  • Options
    I can only go by what you are saying on here,but is it time to change the management before its too late
  • Options
    No game management by bowyer. We still had a sub to make to waste time and slow it down. No point in signing McGeady if you don't play him.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    As close to the relegation trapdoor as we have been .... You were warned 

Until we're in that bottom 3 I'm not worried. Think we were conserving our players based on the last 20 minutes commentary.

Still shit tactics and time wasting will lead to losses more often than not.
    Will be in the bottom 3 by 5pm Saturday week after we play Boro.
  • Options
    Embarrassing, irritating negativity. We didn't deserve anything and how we even got as close as a gnat's whisker of nicking a point I don't know.

What was Lockyer's (10th) booking for? As usual he spent the whole game bending the ref's ear.
  • Options
    God send that Wigan are away at West Brom on Saturday
  • Options
    Not one to usually have a pop at the manager but that was coming and the amount of last minute goals we let in is ridiculous, must be the most in the football league by a distance 

gutted 
    This with bells on. Going on Saturday and we have to contend with a rampant Huddersfield without Lockyer and possibly Sarr 
  • Options
    442 and not pretending Doughty is a wing back is what we need. Not happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    Utter drivel. If Wednesday could finish they would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil comfortably. We on the other hand never looked like scoring once.
    Apart from Taylor hitting the bar and a last ditch tackle from Lees?

And Wednesday couldnt finish could they, not just because they didnt get their efforts on target but because of bodies in the way!!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    God send that Wigan are away at West Brom on Saturday
    I don't think people are picking up the recent patterns of 'expected results' :) 
  • Options
    What a load of absolute Shit. Also, so predictable. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    As much as the xG stat is dismissed on here we have been so lucky this season. 

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 39 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    We've also been so "unlucky" this season. We didn't win for what 16 games or whatever it was because of having 15 Match day squad players injured.
  • Options
    How many more times are we going to concede a late goal. 
  • Options
    Even with a point we'd only have been 3 clear instead of 2. Teams below us are being strangely consistent all of a sudden. The way we play is confusing. We rush to clear when not needed and hold onto it when surrounded by the opposition. We need eleven Lyle Taylors' - the only man tonight with a touch, confidence and fight. For his own career he needs to leave at the end of the season and have his chance at the big time if it comes.
  • Options
    We looked like a very poor side. Too much hit and hope. 

Bows got the tactics wrong and when he did change it, he got them wrong again.

Surely McGeady should have got 10 minutes at the end.

The three at the bottom are picking up the points, we and the group around us should be very worried.

Two huge games coming up (Hudds and Boro) - we need some points from those...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucked up the window. Shocking Sheik has no sheckles.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Embarrassing, irritating negativity. We didn't deserve anything and how we even got as close as a gnat's whisker of nicking a point I don't know.

What was Lockyer's (10th) booking for? As usual he spent the whole game bending the ref's ear.
    BBC text has it down for the bad foul rather than dissent (as spoke to the ref for a while after the incident)

If it was for the foul then it truly was an awful call from the referee

Especially as he let Niuhu get away with kicking one of our players on the floor before rightfully booking him for a second incident a few mins later
  • Options
    May I be the 137th person to say Bowyer you completely effed that up tonight.

I'm a huge fan of LB but my God, if he couldn't see that his plan (whatever it was) wasn't working from a very early stage he must be blind.

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    I can only go by what you are saying on here,but is it time to change the management before its too late
    Everyone’s peed off with another sickener defeat but I wish people would stop trying to escalate this nonsense. Imploding with 11 games to go is the last thing we need. 
    Whilst I agree it’s not what we necessarily need NOW- we need it in general! 

Can you really see us getting promoted again under bowyer if the worst does happen!?
    was lucky enough to clasp promotion last season, won’t be again! 

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 40 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    This. The squad is piss poor. Got some massive rebuilding work to do in the summer - hopefully in this division.
    Bad night, other results hurt this week, but I still see us surviving. 

However have to admit, it’s the first time I have not been happy with Bowyer’s approach ... way too negative. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 39 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    We've also been so "unlucky" this season. We didn't win for what 16 games or whatever it was because of having 15 Match day squad players injured.
    Depends how you define unlucky. Is it a fluke that some of those players got injured? Probably.

is it unlucky that we’ve had a small squad with a severe lack of experience of quality? No

We’re still feeling the effects of RD’s ownership, but Southall had to do more (especially defensively) in this window. We really are relying on luck to survive.
  • Options
    I'm  a big Bowyer fan.
    But he is getting it wrong now on a regular basis. 
    Be more positive otherwise we are going down 
    Agreed, was nothing learned from playing negatively in some of the recent matches?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Derek1952 said:
    Everyone’s peed off with another sickener defeat but I wish people would stop trying to escalate this nonsense. Imploding with 11 games to go is the last thing we need. 
    Whilst I agree it’s not what we necessarily need NOW- we need it in general! 

Can you really see us getting promoted again under bowyer if the worst does happen!?
    was lucky enough to clasp promotion last season, won’t be again! 

Yes, I think people are being stupidly reactive