Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Foul or not we didn't deserve anything from that, kept giving the ball away cheaply. 2 points clear now gulp...Still think we need 4 wins to be safe, need Pratley and Williams back fit for the run in
  • Options
    Totally fucking brainless,why give away a foul with no time left,just shepherd the bloke,no had to give him a dig.All night,and not for the first time,total inability to clear the ball properly,every time Lockyear has the ball I shudder,our passing all over the pitch was appalling,this must stop or we are down.
  • Options
    Fed up with the timewasting tactics. An overfussy ref like we had tonight will always add more time on. Had to be that whinging hairy turd Fletcher that scored the winner to. Shit tactics,shit performance,shit result. In the shit. Just shit.
  • Options
    The less said about that game the better. The ref was perhaps the biggest homer we’ve seen all season but the tactics we employed didn’t exactly set us up for success. 

Looking at the big picture, it’s utter madness that we’ve won three out of our last six yet we are closer (points wise) to the bottom three than we were six games ago.

It’s going to be a dog fight over these last eleven games. And it’s not going to be pretty.
  • Options
    Absolute bollocks. Bowyer takes the blame for this one. The negative tactics were a joke and another sloppy goal conceded. 
  • Options
    Didn't deserve a clean sheet and didn't deserve to score. 99 times out of 100 you lose that game. Probably deserved to lose by more than one goal too.
  • Options
    Cannot wait to here Bowyer's comments post match. 

He has too take full blame on that. Needs to say HE got it wrong and go out for the attack on Saturday come Udders.
  • Options
    Shit tactics from Bows. We could have played all night with our starting XI and not scored.

When was the last time we played the same starting XI two matches in a row?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never criticised LB tactics before but that was bloody awful, we kept time wasting and got what we deserved - fuck all!! I'm absolutely furious Wednesday were poor yet we sat back 80 of the 90 minutes, terrible and it doesn't bode well for Saturday. 
  • Options
    How much is down to Bowyer and how much is down to ESI.

In the jubilation of the takeover fans seem to have ignored the fact we have lost huge creativity and goals in Gallagher and Leko plus lost Field and Kayal and replaced with blokes who can't make the team in Smith (looks like a lost kid), McGeady (looks unfit), Greene (ok but not in same class as those we have lost) and one who does make the team in Davis who is no improvement.  We needed to spend money, we didn't.  If we go down, this is on them.
    Nobody has ignored any of what you mention in this post 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I don't like to write players off based on one game but that from Davis was 'never play for us again' levels of diabolical
    And me and leuth agree on something!! 

He is shocking 
  • Options
    Non-Millwall games aside, I genuinely can’t remember ever being so pissed off by such a defeat. 

Negative throughout, needless shithouse time wasting generating unnecessary pressure and negative mindset, stupid nothing time wasting bookings, needless foul in the dying seconds allowing them to lump in the box to their giant goons.

Huge defeat. All our own fault, drags us further in it with the equally ridiculous results that keep happening around us, and now a mental downer going into another big game. 

Yours
    Naffed off from Naffville
    This. Totally p*ssed off....
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    100% Wednesday were there for they taking tonight, negative time wasting anti football can’t stand it.

Bloody awful goal, why we go all defensive when we cant defend is beyond me.

Management need to take a long hard look at these negative tactics when all the others below us are trying to play positive trying for 3 points we play for a point which is probably not going to be good enough anyway.

Lose Saturday and we are in deep shit.

And by the way what does Davis actually contribute.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    If half the team concentrated on passing the ball to one another as opposed to how we manage the ball when it’s out of play time wasting, we might get somewhere. 

That goal at the end came simply from Lapslie needlessly kicking the ball away....ref adds 20 seconds on. Guess what happens....

That was fucking dreadful and agree with almost everybody asking the question why we played 5 at the back when we arguably have the players to play the diamond? I have bitten my tongue with regards to ‘wetting the bed’ but tonight I am fuming with Bowyer! 

That performance tonight might just have turned our season for the worse!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    No it wasn't. It was great from Matthews and Phillips. Pearce maybe. Lockyer and Oshilaja were playing actively badly
    Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja were doing the job of defenders, they got themselves in front of the ball made block after block, tackle after tackle

Yes this is the age within Football where Centre-Backs should be better passers but for all but one minute, the defence did its job really well

Up until the goal there was one chance (first-half; Pearce got dragged out of Defence) that you could say was down to a poor CB decision
  • Options
    You’ve got a team at home who must’ve been desperately short of confidence and yet there was virtually no positivity from us.

We only picked up when Lapslie came on.

We never fail to disappoint.
  • Options
    If we stay up it will be by the hair of a Chinny chin chin. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get relegated then Bows has to go.

Yes. I mean it.

Too negative.
    I have a feeling regardless of what general opinion is in the fan base - ESI may get rid. The short contract he signed would limit the pay off.... his star is waning in the football world. You only need to look at Powell to see managers can go from hero to zero very quickly 
  • Options
    A shame to be 2 points from relegation, really believed we’d turned a corner after recent form. But suddenly a lot more teams are pulled into this. A short run can do wonders for anyone, just look at what Barnsley, Luton and Wigan have managed. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    As much as the xG stat is dismissed on here we have been so lucky this season. 

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 40 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    This. The squad is piss poor. Got some massive rebuilding work to do in the summer - hopefully in this division.
  • Options
    Shite
  • Options
    Utter Shiite.
    ROLAND IN!
  • Options
    A shame to be 2 points from relegation, really believed we’d turned a corner after recent form. But suddenly a lot more teams are pulled into this. A short run can do wonders for anyone, just look at what Barnsley, Luton and Wigan have managed. 
    Yet two weeks ago people were saying that Barnsley and Luton were dead and buried, and we were safe.
  • Options
    Imagine having a free kick at the death and not going for it, then they go and show what can happen when you stick it in the box.

That is all on Bowyer, tactics wrong from start to finish. Fuck off.