Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    The free kick in the last minute of reg time sums it up. Played it into the corner for Taylor to waste time instead of going for it. Deserved what we got and LB is showing his managerial inexperience.
  • Options
    I know one thing, the negative tactics served up tonight aren’t going going to get Taylor putting pen to paper for us in the summer. 
    On tonight's showing, there's not a hope in hell Taylor resigning even if we offer him a shed load of money (Always assuming ESI have actually got any)

He's just far too good for us. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Loads of respect lost for him tonight, fuck off
    That's fucking naive.

Just admit we fucked up tonight and deserved nothing.
  • Options
    Played alright for the first 10 minutes, got sussed out and had no plan B, C or D. Shocking tactics and not at all pissed off that we conceded in the last minute. That’s what we deserved when we resorted to some pointless timewasting. At times Taylor and Bonne were so isolated Taylor was having to come back into midfield to get things going. Bottom teams are playing well and it’s only a matter of time before we get dragged in. 
  • Options
    Wigan smash Reading 3-0 and we play like that and lose. It's so depressing....
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

That, I am afraid, is just making yourself look stupid.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I hate this season. WTF Bow!??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are gonna piss league one. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Imagine having a free kick at the death and not going for it, then they go and show what can happen when you stick it in the box.

That is all on Bowyer, tactics wrong from start to finish. Fuck off. 
    I am working my imagination really hard as no-one in the match thread or on here has actually described what happened. Appreciate everyone is really angry and disappointed as am I.
    Could someone perhaps start with who decided to play our attacking freekick(?) Into a corner, and what happened next? Apologies for having to ask...
    They took it quickly as we'd played 4 minutes, someone won a header easily, Pearce slipped over so they won the second header, then Davis let Fletcher in front of him to nod home. It was a goal where one team wants it and one doesn't
    Thanks @Leuth. So thats wednesday moving the ball rapidly forward from a free-kick we gave them, - lapslie gave away a free kick I gather. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Is he having a fucking laugh
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Thats gotta be for the benefit of the players to stop their heads from dropping!!

Apart from the two Taylor efforts I thought we looked better first-half rather than the second
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It is now official - Bowyer has lost his balls. He had a decent pair last season so if somebody can find them can they return them to him before we get relegated. Wednesday were there for the taking and we played far too negatively. I have had enough of these stupid tactics - we are not good enough to keep teams out when we play like this and we were lucky we were not behind sooner. Too deep, lack of support for our front players - sorry Lee but this is not good enough. Try to win, go toe to toe and we will accept defeat but this sort of cowardly crap is just not good enough!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Imagine having a free kick at the death and not going for it, then they go and show what can happen when you stick it in the box.

I am working my imagination really hard as no-one in the match thread or on here has actually described what happened. Appreciate everyone is really angry and disappointed as am I.
    Could someone perhaps start with who decided to play our attacking freekick(?) Into a corner, and what happened next? Apologies for having to ask...
    They took it quickly as we'd played 4 minutes, someone won a header easily, Pearce slipped over so they won the second header, then Davis let Fletcher in front of him to nod home. It was a goal where one team wants it and one doesn't
    Thanks @Leuth. So thats wednesday moving the ball rapidly forward from a free-kick we gave them, - lapslie gave away a free kick I gather. 
    Pearce gave away the free-kick with a foul contesting a high ball that he didn't have to contest. Dubious foul but you have to defend them
  • Options
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    Utter drivel. If Wednesday could finish they would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil comfortably. We on the other hand never looked like scoring once.
    Apart from Taylor hitting the bar and a last ditch tackle from Lees?

And Wednesday couldnt finish could they, not just because they didnt get their efforts on target but because of bodies in the way!!
    Taylor created our one chance all by himself, from 25 yards. Phillips and maybe Deji are the only ones to take any credit defensively today. They missed 3 or 4 massive chances because of a mixture of being shite and Dillon good.
    You said we never looked like scoring once though?
    Well that's hardly creating is it. So we rely on Taylor scoring from 25 yards as our one chance of the game! We must have just seen it differently as we weren't bloody sound defensively at all.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:

Lapslie kicked the ball away down by their corner flag, they lumped it forward, got another free kick midway into our half... lumped it forward again, goal
  • Options
    I don't known what's a more ridiculous point... Him saying we deserved something or him saying we caused them problems in the second half. Second half they batteredbus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Lapslie was poor TBH Bannon ghosted by him every time and the petulant yellow card at the end was stupid.
  • Options
    Where is Aneke?
    McDonald's s
  • Options
    Same old crap in the post match conference “I thought we deserved something from the game”

Anyone know if he was there? 
  • Options
    I’ve not long been back home from karate. Having read the posts on here I’m glad I didn’t listen to the commentary or see the game. We seem to take one step forward then two steps back with our results and performances. It doesn’t help with teams around us picking up points. I hope our players are up for the relegation fight?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Bowyer must have been watching a different game to the rest of us. 
  • Options
    That was utter dogshit. Incredibly frustrating to watch. I’ve been cutting bowyer some slack during the injury period and putting his ultra defensive deep sitting tactics down to available resources but it’s now clear that he plays that way through choice and it is just utterly bollocks. The stats don’t lie. As we were reminded more than once during the game by the commentator we are the dullest most boring and defensive team in the league. With the (lack of) talent available in the squad, inviting teams on to us for 90 minutes is only going to end one way. Abject management. Although in Bowyer’s defence, we are kidding ourselves if we think this is anything other than a league 1 squad and that isn’t his fault. Without an immediate change in approach and mindset we are headed back from whence we came and that will be both a terrible shame and an act of gross neglect by ESI. I think we can now say that the January window was a disaster. If Davis is not a busted flush then I am the King of Siam. And what was the point of McGeady if he’s not going to play. And what was the point of Smith full stop. We are up to our knees in shit and by Saturday week we will be needing snorkels unless Lee smells the coffee.  A bad, bad night to be an Addick. 
  • Options
    We have scored a couple of late goals to get a point, but none to get 3 points.
    Mindnumbing negativity.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Have a day off
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Derek1952 said:
    I can only go by what you are saying on here,but is it time to change the management before its too late
    Everyone’s peed off with another sickener defeat but I wish people would stop trying to escalate this nonsense. Imploding with 11 games to go is the last thing we need. 
    Whilst I agree it’s not what we necessarily need NOW- we need it in general! 

Can you really see us getting promoted again under bowyer if the worst does happen!?
    was lucky enough to clasp promotion last season, won’t be again! 

“Lucky enough to clasp promotion”?? Weren’t we the form team in the league going in to play offs? 
    I meant in regards to the whole season