Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Imagine having a free kick at the death and not going for it, then they go and show what can happen when you stick it in the box.

That is all on Bowyer, tactics wrong from start to finish. Fuck off. 
    I am working my imagination really hard as no-one in the match thread or on here has actually described what happened. Appreciate everyone is really angry and disappointed as am I.
    Could someone perhaps start with who decided to play our attacking freekick(?) Into a corner, and what happened next? Apologies for having to ask...
  • Options
    W L W L W L so Saturday we are due a win? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Not one to usually have a pop at the manager but that was coming and the amount of last minute goals we let in is ridiculous, must be the most in the football league by a distance 

gutted 
    This with bells on. Going on Saturday and we have to contend with a rampant Huddersfield without Lockyer and possibly Sarr 
    Rampant? Last 10 games they have 8 points. We have 11 points from 10 games. 
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    I can only go by what you are saying on here,but is it time to change the management before its too late
    No

But just out of interest, do you think now is the right time, and if so, who would you go for?
  • Options
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    Utter drivel. If Wednesday could finish they would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil comfortably. We on the other hand never looked like scoring once.
    Apart from Taylor hitting the bar and a last ditch tackle from Lees?

And Wednesday couldnt finish could they, not just because they didnt get their efforts on target but because of bodies in the way!!
    Taylor created our one chance all by himself, from 25 yards. Phillips and maybe Deji are the only ones to take any credit defensively today. They missed 3 or 4 massive chances because of a mixture of being shite and Dillon good.
  • Options
    Awful. Forget about it, move on to Huddersfield. 3 big points up for grabs. Just like after Stoke & Blackburn we can bounce back
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

We move on to the next
    Utter drivel. If Wednesday could finish they would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil comfortably. We on the other hand never looked like scoring once.

And Wednesday couldnt finish could they, not just because they didnt get their efforts on target but because of bodies in the way!!
    I admire your positivity but come on. They had 3 free headers from crosses/set pieces, Wickham dragged one wide when it was easier to hit the target. Phillips pulled off a couple of worldies, but even the Fletcher one he should of scored.

Why are we allowing 25 attempts on our goal in the first place!!? Wednesday are not exactly known for their free flowing football. Against a better finishing side that would of been a real spanking.
    I've already said it was disappointing and we could have done better?

All I want is a bit of perspective, no way was that performance anywhere near as bad as Middlesbrough | Derby | Stoke!!... Yet the result is being completely blown out of prepaution!!

Defensively we were bloody sound up until that last goal

Wednesday too are a bloody huge team of players (always tend to be) so will win a lot of headers

Its why I knew we werent going to threaten whenever a long ball went near their box
  • Options
    Playing dogshit negative football vs a team that hasn't scored at home in 4, we got what we deserved and by Saturday 5pm we'll probably be in the relegation zone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    As much as the xG stat is dismissed on here we have been so lucky this season. 

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 39 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    We've also been so "unlucky" this season. We didn't win for what 16 games or whatever it was because of having 15 Match day squad players injured.
    Depends how you define unlucky. Is it a fluke that some of those players got injured? Probably.

is it unlucky that we’ve had a small squad with a severe lack of experience of quality? No

We’re still feeling the effects of RD’s ownership, but Southall had to do more (especially defensively) in this window. We really are relying on luck to survive.
    I don't think we're relying on luck.

I think Bowyer has told the players that for every other game we go for the draw, if we lose, so be it, but we aim to win and plan to win against every other side.
  • Options
    Disappointing

We move on to the next

Taylor created our one chance all by himself, from 25 yards. Phillips and maybe Deji are the only ones to take any credit defensively today. They missed 3 or 4 massive chances because of a mixture of being shite and Dillon good.
    You said we never looked like scoring once though?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Derek1952 said:
    I can only go by what you are saying on here,but is it time to change the management before its too late
    Everyone’s peed off with another sickener defeat but I wish people would stop trying to escalate this nonsense. Imploding with 11 games to go is the last thing we need. 
    Whilst I agree it’s not what we necessarily need NOW- we need it in general! 

Can you really see us getting promoted again under bowyer if the worst does happen!?
    was lucky enough to clasp promotion last season, won’t be again! 

“Lucky enough to clasp promotion”?? Weren’t we the form team in the league going in to play offs? 
  • Options
    On nights tonight and just going in.. Have been asleep since 6...woke up by a load of texts at 21.45...thought yep we've done it only to find again as usual... Saw the other results. We are spineless at times. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    As much as the xG stat is dismissed on here we have been so lucky this season. 

Between Philips, Taylor and sheer luck we’ve stumbled to 39 points. I think we are a poor side with a smattering of quality and would be over the moon with anything other than relegation.
    We've also been so "unlucky" this season. We didn't win for what 16 games or whatever it was because of having 15 Match day squad players injured.
    Depends how you define unlucky. Is it a fluke that some of those players got injured? Probably.

is it unlucky that we’ve had a small squad with a severe lack of experience of quality? No

We’re still feeling the effects of RD’s ownership, but Southall had to do more (especially defensively) in this window. We really are relying on luck to survive.
    I don't think we're relying on luck.

I think Bowyer has told the players that for every other game we go for the draw, if we lose, so be it, but we aim to win and plan to win against every other side.
    Just to confirm I think this is a naive approach but that's been Bowyer's get out of jail free card in the past.
  • Options
    I know one thing, the negative tactics served up tonight aren’t going going to get Taylor putting pen to paper for us in the summer. 
  • Options
    Never tried to win. An ultimately got what we deserved Fuck All.  Wished they’d score early doors, we then might have had to play out, and could have gone on to win. LB that was wank and totally down to YOU. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading mate says they were awful as well... Not that, that matters. Could be bottom 3 sat. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Pleased to see I’m not the only one who absolutely hates our game management. That is at least four games in which we have conceded goals and lost points in the 95th minute or later. Just keep playing normally chaps and the game should end before the 94th minute! 

So frustrating. Fair play to those who make the trips to these midweek away games, I know we had some joy against Forest but the prospect of a three or four hour journey home in the freezing cold getting back at silly o clock after watching another pile of dog shit is not for me.
  • Options
    Where is Aneke?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Disappointing

We move on to the next

You said we never looked like scoring once though?
    Give it up, man. It was a dire, dire performance, most reminiscent of Boro away, which we lost by the same scoreline
    So you can back up @CAFCSinger's claim that we didnt look like scoring when I've proven a couple of clear efforts?

Thats the point of discussion that I'm arguing - If people want to make outlandish claims on here then fair enough but back them up first

Am sure you'd be doing the same if Naby Sarr was getting slaughtered!!
  • Options
    Bowyer claiming we deserved something from the game, caused them problems and have been conned out of a point at the end.
    Alright, piss off Lee. I'm not talking to you til tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hugely frustrating 2nd half that I saw when I got home. Was just waiting for them to break their hoodoo. Would have sacrificed Doughty, Oz and Pearce for Purrington, McGeady and Green after 60 mins. Bowyer has a lot to reflect upon ahead of Saturday. Hopefully we will have a right go at Huddersfield...
  • Options
    Turgid is a compliment. Went with daughter and her Wednesday fan boyfriend. He was happy at the end, muted celebrations of course. Such a negative set up. Sickening to pay £30 to watch that. Playground football would be a step up on that served up tonight. Never tried to score really. Sad for Dillon as he made.some.good saves. 
    Bowyer set us up to get 0-0 and a lucky strike deserved to break the monotony. On to Huddersfield and hoping to get some points as it is getting very worrying with Barnsley and Wigan winning and Stoke drawing away. 
  • Options
    My bed is floating down the road as we speak.

Absolutely gutted. Imperative we get something on Saturday now given other results tonight.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mendonca said:
    442 and not pretending Doughty is a wing back is what we need. Not happy.
    He needs a rest. If he had played that simple pass to Bonne in the second half I fancy we would have took the lead and the game could have been very different.