Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    just got back to hotel. 

Did not deserve a point in all honestly 

Awful performance and lack of concentration again with a set piece into the box causing as so much trouble. 

Tactics where wrong we where once again over run in midfield and it was far to easy for them to get down our sides all night. 

It’s going to be very very tight down there and might see a team go down with 47 points. 

Onto Saturday and if we get 3 points then tonight don’t really matter. 
  • Options
    At the end of the day,the defensive way is losing us games. Would rather we go on the offensive,we are better at doing this and although we will lose games playing this way we will also win games. The way we set up tonight was only going to end up one way. Shit or bust Lee, would rather go down with a fight than a wet fart. Have a look around for your balls Bow,theyve gone missing lately.
  • Options
    Before the game, my Wednesday supporting friend was very pessimistic and their record of 1 win in 11 before tonight says it all. He stayed after the game that we made them look good, which is about as bad a compliment as you can receive. Not sure what the answer is. We can't change the players and the manager is staying (and so he should) but the reality is beginning to bite. Were looking doomed. Recent good wins are hiding a soft underbelly that is so easily exploited by teams with little more to offer. Let's hope 21st is in our grasp. 
  • Options
    No might about it, 47 points will not be enough. It was negative of Bowyer to even state that figure when he did. Look up, not down. He wasn't a cowardly wuss as a player, and he wasn't when he came into management with seemingly little to lose, but now he probably feels he has something to lose, he has become one. I am so disapointed in him. I genuinely feel let down as I thought he had something special.
  • Options
    Come on, let's all calm down. Bad night for us but we're in the Championship and in a better position than 5 other teams. Big games Vs Hudds and Boro.
  • Options
    We sat too deep and made the game more easy for a team bereft of confidence in a ground bereft of atmosphere. There was no support for our front players and they had to feed of scraps. Because we were so deep, they picked up the ball in midfield areas whether from a clearance by them or from a clearance from us. Too much meaningless passing where we had time (no threat to Wednesday) and no attempt to get the ball into danger areas and support our players in those areas. If I thought Bowyer would learn from this stupid approach it would be ok, but there have been enough clues to suggest he won't.
    Spot on. 

Massive gap between Taylor and the midfield with aimless balls going into the gap and inviting pressure back on us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stopped reading that tweet at we got conned. Total bollocks. 
  • Options
    If we go down this is on ESI and Bowyer. Poor January window and tactics.  
  • Options
    Hopefully Bowyer will watch the game again and change his mind like he did re the Barnsley performance (or some other match) and come out and say we were utter shit and got what we deserved which was sweet FA .

I genuinely believe we are one of if not the worse team in the league and have been since the first couple of months .
    Our miracle team with Williams , Pratley , Cullen and Taylor at full flowing fitness is a bit Halleys Comet like in its appearance for us this season .....

I fear for our survival and as much as relegation will kill me I'm more concerned that ESI are real and can buy the whole lot of the Football Club off The Helmet and we can be free of the Roland Virus .

We played a Wednesday team waiting to lose and we made them look good .
    I've not been impressed by any of our recent wins , none have been truly convincing and that is my fear that it catches up on us and our shitness , like tonight, will be punished .

50%  13th-21st ......................... 50% Relegation 

thankfully I'm fully prepared , as i said after the Blackburn game "The plastic sheeting is being bolted back on to my bed having been removed after Forest , It’s not getting removed till we are mathematically safe, I’m in full on bed wetting mode "

• Options
    We came to do a job and we almost did it ... 

Nothing matters bar the point and at the last we lost it , again... 

Horrible feeling and experience, but we would all have been pretty chuffing chipper if it had stayed at 0-0... 

Bad day, we move on, Attacking Bowyer won't serve us at this point, I am sure that, if we stay up he will be looking at our weakness towards end of games as a bit area to improve next year. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Disappointing

Up until that Pearce slip it was a great defensive display not just from Phillips but the whole of the back five (Matthews | Pearce | Lockyer | Oshilaja)

Dunno what went wrong tonight, we started on the front foot but the referee's constantly poor decisions gave Wednesday a chance to take the game which they duly did

Of course we had plenty of time to regroup and subs could have been better

We move on to the next
    Utter drivel. If Wednesday could finish they would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil comfortably. We on the other hand never looked like scoring once.
    Apart from Taylor hitting the bar and a last ditch tackle from Lees?

And Wednesday couldnt finish could they, not just because they didnt get their efforts on target but because of bodies in the way!!
    Taylor created our one chance all by himself, from 25 yards. Phillips and maybe Deji are the only ones to take any credit defensively today. They missed 3 or 4 massive chances because of a mixture of being shite and Dillon good.
    You said we never looked like scoring once though?
    Well that's hardly creating is it. So we rely on Taylor scoring from 25 yards as our one chance of the game! We must have just seen it differently as we weren't bloody sound defensively at all.
    Taylor had a point blank effort blocked not long after.  Two chances. Still not good. Bowyer is increasingly trying to do what he calls a professional job; by which he means play very defensively, and nick a goal to win the match. 
    It’s not working. 
  • Options
    I just have this worry he wont be our manager next year , I think he's been tapped up , I just think he's going through the motions ....
    Just a gut feeling and more than likely my IBS over chocolate indulged shit for guts kicking in
  • Options
    The problem Bowyer seems to be having is he has no plan B for his press conferences.

When his payers haven't 'given him evry fin'
    and we couldn't' matchem' up in the middle'  there's not much else in his locker.

At least Robinson had a full quota of Bullshit at his disposal.

Bowyer out!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just have this worry he wont be our manager next year , I think he's been tapped up , I just think he's going through the motions ....
    Just a gut feeling and more than likely my IBS over chocolate indulged shit for guts kicking in
    Well that's a touch because, according to a fair amount of posts on this thread, fans have "lost a lot of respect for him" anyway.
  • Options
    LB fucked up and ESI brought us nothing that we needed. Tough runs coming up
  • Options
    I’ve been negative about tonight’s performance and lay a lot of the blame for that on Bows but he is still 100% the right man for the job and has my upmost respect....
  • Options
    Is it OK to wet my bed now?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    One of the most disappointing things for me is that last season we had the best midfield in the league by a long, long way.

Okay we have stepped up a division, but the midfield we have available to us now just isn’t of the same quality.

With Cullen and Williams fit and playing we are half way there, but we are missing two big pieces of the jigsaw. Gallagher was one of them, but that’s gone.

That’s why we don’t get players in support of the attackers, that’s why we play the ball to the opposition so often, that’s why we are unable to protect the defence as well as we should.

We seem to lose the midfield battle most of the time, and for our management team to be former midfielders, it is what disappoints me more. 
    We had January to try and sort that. We allegedly had money to buy someone or to pay for better loan signings

• Options
    As ever my full respect to the travelling legends who made the effort to get there tonight and had to endure that ballbag of a performance .
    You all get my cap fully doffed in your direction offering my condolences on what you were served up .
    Lets hope at Huddersfield you get your reward , one up side , we can't perform as bad as that surely !
  • Options
    Awful watch. You just felt it was coming 
  • Options
    Why does LB keep going to a back 3 - Matthews does not get forward enough and when he does he walks back and Doughty had a poor game . 
    We then play 2 defensive midfield players , so we are set up to defend and unfortunately, Davis , Pearce , Matthews and Oshi are not championship players and this is what we are relying on to defend . We have some reasonable attacking players , so why don’t we play to our strengths as defending is not one of them !! 
    We played well in the second half against Luton , so why change the players and formation 
    LB has got it all wrong and then says we were unlucky , actually we were lucky to keep it to 1 0