Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    The worst thing about that defeat is that we have in essence lost our “one point” advantage due to the goal difference being, embarrassingly, torn apart. We need a re/think pronto. This is now concerning.

Only benefit is that I sit next to a Stoke fan at work so still hold some grace in that we (just) above them. 
  • Options
    Didn't have much hope with that midfield.  There was no presence in midfield.  Without Pratley, Bowyer has to stop playing the diamond.  Davis needs someone right on his shoulder. 
  • Options
    Pathetic... Play players in their correct position. Everyone shit apart from Williams. Been bowyers biggest fan but starting to get the hump with this now he is losing the plot
  • Options
    The team have some soul searching to do now. Defence is poor and we are not creating much which means we are in the poo. However the league is such that we will likely stay in with a shot of staying up until the end. 

Problem is with so many loan players will they care enough to push that bit harder to help the team stay in the division?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    McGeady can do one, brings nothing whatsoever to the team. Effectively a three man midfield with him there. 
    Fitting he took Leko's shirt. His situational awareness is just as bad if not worse 
  • Options
    Saulc23 said:
    The worst thing about that defeat is that we have in essence lost our “one point” advantage due to the goal difference being, embarrassingly, torn apart. We need a re/think pronto. This is now concerning.

Only benefit is that I sit next to a Stoke fan at work so still hold some grace in that we (just) above them. 
    Funnily we havent... We've one goal better than Hull and Stoke | two better than Huddersfield and Middlesbrough | three better than Wigan
  • Options
    Still in our hands. Beat Middlesbrough and Wigan we'll be safe. Lose then it won't look good.
  • Options
    When are we gonna stop playing Pearce, must be the worst cb in the league
  • Options
    We just looked bad today. Nothing there that made me think we can turn it around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bye Bye Championship. Just hope ESI have a plan B. Nothing more to say. Very disappointed 
  • Options
    Looking forward to league 1 football again on the plus side Pearce and oshilaja will look good 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Erm... Who else was there to play today?
  • Options
    7 teams in it now I reckon.

We lose next week and we’ll drop.
  • Options
    A complete capitulation against a Huddersfield team who have been garbage for most of  the season. 2 shocking away games that will have done some serious damage to the confidence of the team and us fans. In serious trouble now.
  • Options
    Still in our hands. Beat Middlesbrough and Wigan we'll be safe. Lose then it won't look good.
    Said it before... Win the home games (another 15-pts?), away games are all bonus points

Looks like we will need to beat Millwall as part of that which is impossible
  • Options
    This result has been on the cards for a while now. Something has to change drastically for us to stay up . We have inexperience both on and off of the pitch.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Time to totally overhaul the defence.  Bring in Mingi for pace with Stephenson as back up to Sarr. How old is Touré? Bring back steady seven. Matthews is OK.  Back four unless Pratley is available.

Pearce is a busted flush.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Erm... Who else was there to play today?
    shoulda bought a cb in Jan, was criminal we didnt 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IR94 said:

Whi else were we going to play today?
  • Options
    We will be fine...

Apparently!
  • Options
    I was promised that once we had all our players back we would piss up the league. What now. 
    This. Might have been better to have sold Taylor for £4m & brought in 3 or 4 players for £1m each. 

I said about a month ago that I hope that the trio of Cullen, Williams & Taylor have big shoulders as everyone was putting a lot of faith in them keeping us up once they were all back. 

I think it boils down to not the above 3 but a single person. The manager. Not sure he really knows what he is doing & needs to go away & re-think if he can get us out of this mess.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I've been in the positive camp......until today. We gave them a goal by stupid defending when WE had the ball. Gave it a bit of a go at the beginning of the 2nd half, but when they scored again, we sounded as though we just gave up.....I'm sorry to say that if Boro beat Forest on Monday night, it will give them a boost and the double-whammy will be that we will be in the bottom 3 come 10 pm Monday and when they arrive at The Valley next week they'll have the confidence to turn us over. Best outcome for us would be Forest ripping Boro a new one and then they'll come to us still in the bottom 3 and wont have the confidence a win will give them.
    This is a HUGE few days, and will, in my opinion, set the story for the final games of the season. LB/JJ have a big job to do this week....or I fear  we'll be back in L1 next season. As for ESI, I've been their supporter, but Im even now asking why they didn't invest a bit more in January.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    When Southall came in we were at least 6 points above the relegation, all we needed was 3/4 championship level players, instead, we got has-beens and cast offs
    Have any of the players we have brought in actually done anything in any of the games. Only Green has done something & I reckon he was coming in ESI or not as Leko needed to be replaced.