Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Said it on the match thread but what has changed since Luton? Is there a problem in the camp? I dunno.
    One thing is for sure; despite their good intentions, ESI played the wrong hand on Jan
    You need cards to play a hand. 
    And dough.
  • Options
    This season was always going to be a struggle. 
    Losing Gallagher was a major kick in the nuts and we needed to bring in a quality replacement. 
    Maddison?

ESI failed Bowyer by bringing in Smith  Davis and Mcgeady  none of there are remotely good enough for what we need.
    God knows how Bowyer can turn this around I fear the worst. 
    We needed to bring in a centre half everyone knew that but we didn't. 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Said it on the match thread but what has changed since Luton? Is there a problem in the camp? I dunno.
    One thing is for sure; despite their good intentions, ESI played the wrong hand on Jan
    You need cards to play a hand. 
    As in money?
  • Options
    I'm fed up with all the negativity on here. Relegation will give us another chance to take part in the Checkatrade cup next year. I think we couldn't well win it.
    And don’t forget the first round of the FA cup of which we will field a reserve team  . 
  • Options
    Absolutely gutless and embarrassing performance. 

Away from home is just a joke, so negative. Playing like that, we may as well write off all away games and just hope some home wins will keep us up. 

Biggest game of our season next week. And after the hiding we’ve just got, all the confidence I have in this team has dwindled away. 
    How many times have i heard this 'biggest game of the season' stuff before? Every bloody game is huge now, home or away and I'm not sure this group of players are mentally (or physically) up for what lies ahead. Hope they prove me wrong.
  • Options
    500 miles round trip. 
    Taylor can fuck off and the number 4.
    Town were poor too 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm supporting Forrest Monday. We have to look to others to help us at the moment. Our defence needed strengthening and that didn't happen
     ESI and Bowyer new it.....why didn't ESI commit financially? It's going to be our undoing.
  • Options
    Just listened to Bowyer's  post match interview and to be fair I think the way they played today has shook him and some of those that started the game may not be in Lee's plans going forward. It's gonna be an interesting team selection for next weekend !!
  • Options
    I'm fed up with all the negativity on here. Relegation will give us another chance to take part in the Checkatrade cup next year. I think we couldn't well win it.
    And don’t forget the first round of the FA cup of which we will field a reserve team  . 
    In .fairness we will have to as need to save our best players for the forthcoming Checkatrade game
  • Options
    Second post of mine on this thread tonight, just watched LB's pitch-side press conference...a breath of fresh air and honesty...it was his fault, he picked the team, he gave them jobs to do...they didnt perform.....he's learnt a lot from this and players need to step up....missing Pratley.....hope he could be back next week....this may be the kick up the backside the players need....it wont happen again!!
    Lets hope this galvanizes the squad and next Saturday we see the reaction LB wants....if you watch the interview he looked furious!!!  

• Options
    There is another potential problem on the horizon.

France have banned gatherings in public of more than 5000 from today meaning football will have to be played behind closed doors .
    I don’t think it will be long before we follow suit . 

Playing our home games with no crowd  behind us will make it much harder to get results . 

That’s football, looking forward to a big game next Saturday
    I wouldn’t back on it being on .
    Cross that bridge, we have enough actual problems without making up hypothetical scenarios to add to the drama.
  • Options
    Although this season is looking to be heading south, we need to remember that we started with a threadbare squad and a budget dwarfed by many others in the league, even if early results gave us a false sense of security.  The new owners can't be expected to turn things round overnight so even when they came in the rest of the campaign was going to be hard. And at least Duchatalet has gone, so it really it could be a hell of a lot worse. 
  • Options
    Pwr.

At the game, fucking dross.  Bowyer has got a lot of questions to answer next Saturday.  Quite frankly we were shapeless and clueless in the first half. 

Don't blame anyone for the 3rd or 4th but we got what we deserved.

We are in the shit, the deep brown type. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    There is another potential problem on the horizon.

France have banned gatherings in public of more than 5000 from today meaning football will have to be played behind closed doors .
    I don’t think it will be long before we follow suit . 

Playing our home games with no crowd  behind us will make it much harder to get results . 

That’s football, looking forward to a big game next Saturday
    I wouldn’t back on it being on .
    Cross that bridge, we have enough actual problems without making up hypothetical scenarios to add to the drama.
    yeah cos my comments really add to our plight ! 
  • Options
    We’re going down. 
  • Options
    All playing each other next week 🙏
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just think back to this time last week!!
    7 or 8 point above the drop and a +7 or 8 goal difference over all our rivals
    So how the fook one week later are we plunged into this mire?
    Only see more gloom this saturday as bowyer has lost all confidence in his players and any sort of formula he had!
    Bowyer might as well just pick names out of a hat and play 4-4-2
    And to make matters worse theres no trains on the charlton line -great
    My predictions for sat?
    I predict a riot
  • Options
    Bowyer has really got to earn his money now after todays fiasco. It could have been worse with Barnsley losing and the Luton/Stoke draw, but Wigan now look sure to escape so we have to find a way to finish above at least 1 of Boro, Stoke & Hull. If we don't beat Boro next week and get something at Hull we have a mountain to climb to stay up.
  • Options
    Did Lee say we deserved a point.... 
  • Options
    Doughty and Green have been very disappointing, especially given the very bright start they both made when they they appeared on the scene.🤔
  • Options
    Can we have an official statement from the anti-bedwetting brigade please.