Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    What's Bowyers beef with Purrington?

The fella did well against Forest. Picking an obviously tired Doughty over him is just bizarre.
    Agree with others, was an attempt to counter Grant's pace

Only trouble was Huddersfield put him up against Matthews - Bet that wont have happened had Purrington played
  • Options
    Bad end to a shit week
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Was there.

There's no way to sugar coat that. We were near irredemably poor. Green looking me in the eye after the game and apologising is at least some awareness. 

Matthews the only player to have any credit today. We miss the shape of the back five and we played so badly. Nothing else to say - how do you describe a defeat that's so comprehensive?

Still lots of games to go. Come on Bows, show your mettle. 
    This makes me smile...

Remember earlier in the season the complaints from many was the fact we kept playing with three Centre Backs :)

Not a dig at anyone but its a reminder that we as fans all have the beauty of being able to say X was the better option, or that we should be doing Y or Z option

Bowyer at the end of the day doesnt have that luxury

Just something to take note when people dig him out for his setup etc.
  • Options
    Pratley's absence has been a huge factor in our recent demise, as has Chelsea's decision to pull Gallagher's loan. However, the recruitment of McGeady, Davis, Green and Smith in January's window has been, by far, the biggest factor.
    Mr Southall needs to keep a lower profile from here on in, as he appears to be completely out of his depth, and must bear the brunt of the responsibility for the team's inability to prevent it's seemingly inevitable return to Division One.
    The Wembley celebrations nine months ago now seem just a distant memory.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    We have conceded to Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield 44 goal attempts this week.  It's simply not possible to win games whilst we continue to do that.  

4.0 flattered us today.  They should have had another couple at least. 

For the first time this season the players gave up and rolled over.  That's what worries me more than just losing.

If we concede first against Boro we will lose.  If or when we drop into the bottom three I don't think we have the mental strength or footballing ability to get out of it again and could end up finishing bottom. 

Very negative post I know but there are no positives whatsoever to take from the two games this week. 
    This.

Bowyers mental strength seems to have gone too.
  • Options
    We are bang in trouble now, we all know it, question is can we do enough at home to keep us just outside the bottom three. We have as big a part to play as the players, keeping it buoyant for the boys starting next Saturday. Hope Naby is back, Purrington must come back in I am afraid and I hope Pratley returns too. If Boro lose to Forest on Monday, 3 pts and the gap that will create could be critical. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     See what happens when he can't run it by Roland first!

;-)
  • Options
    Said it on the match thread but what has changed since Luton? Is there a problem in the camp? I dunno.
    One thing is for sure; despite their good intentions, ESI played the wrong hand on Jan
  • Options
     See what happens when he can't run it by Roland first!

;-)
    Bloody diamond! Gives no width. Tactically naive. 
  • Options
    What's Bowyers beef with Purrington?

The fella did well against Forest. Picking an obviously tired Doughty over him is just bizarre.
    Agree with others, was an attempt to counter Grant's pace

Only trouble was Huddersfield put him up against Matthews - Bet that wont have happened had Purrington played
    Seeing that virtually all the games he played for us or them Grant had played more on the left than on the right, so no surprise he was up against Matthew's & not Dougherty.
  • Options
    Bowyer finally says it as it was.
  • Options
    Carp lake calling Lee...
  • Options
    There is another potential problem on the horizon.

France have banned gatherings in public of more than 5000 from today meaning football will have to be played behind closed doors .
    I don’t think it will be long before we follow suit . 

Playing our home games with no crowd  behind us will make it much harder to get results . 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Excited to see what GIF Southall tweets when we go down 
    Thanks all we're off. I've left my supa dupa phone on my desk.
  • Options
    No two ways, absolutely shocking result - and that goal difference reverse may be crucial. Pains me to say it, but the scales have started to lift from my eyes re Bowyer and Jacko in recent weeks. Our game management has been shocking all season - how many 90th+ minute goals have we conceded and other lost leads - with Wednesday's ultra-defensive nonsense a prime example. Add all the set-piece goals we've let in and I've become convinced we need to get a more experienced coach in to help. I still think we'll be ok this season, but it's going to be squeakier than anticipated given that the teams around us are winning games.
  • Options
    Problem is we don't know our best 11 and nor does Bowyer, each week a difference 11 start and it's disjointed, we're a poor side with a few players who have quality like JW and Taylor.

Big week ahead we need Sarr and Pratley fit, Bonne up front with Taylor, Williams and Doughty on the wings to get the ball in the box, goals win games as our defending sure won't be keeping us up 
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights...the first goal...so shocking. Did Grant get abuse as I notice he celebrated with a finger on his lips to the away end. But then I think we have more to worry about than an ex Charlton fwd being paid a big wage to play his football in the Championship bottom six. 
    Be interesting to see ESI try and hike up season tickets for league 1 next season.

• Options
    That’s football, looking forward to a big game next Saturday
  • Options
    That’s football, looking forward to a big game next Saturday
    I wouldn’t back on it being on .
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Was there.

There's no way to sugar coat that. We were near irredemably poor. Green looking me in the eye after the game and apologising is at least some awareness. 

Matthews the only player to have any credit today. We miss the shape of the back five and we played so badly. Nothing else to say - how do you describe a defeat that's so comprehensive?

Still lots of games to go. Come on Bows, show your mettle. 
    This makes me smile...

Remember earlier in the season the complaints from many was the fact we kept playing with three Centre Backs :)

Not a dig at anyone but its a reminder that we as fans all have the beauty of being able to say X was the better option, or that we should be doing Y or Z option

Bowyer at the end of the day doesnt have that luxury

Just something to take note when people dig him out for his setup etc.
    Fine. Was never a naysayer about the system (as you say). But I think claiming you were or weren't either way is a bit much when we are all fans.

We also miss Pratley terribly. And, of course, Gallagher. I don't dig out the setup so much as the overarching mentality at the minute. But we were just shit today. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Said it on the match thread but what has changed since Luton? Is there a problem in the camp? I dunno.
    One thing is for sure; despite their good intentions, ESI played the wrong hand on Jan
    You need cards to play a hand. 
  • Options
    We 'll stay up 
  • Options
    So what formation do we try now? I'd give 4-5-1 a go and give us some width.