Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    On the train back from Manchester having downed a few pain killing beers first...

Rubbish performance all over the park, completely outplayed by Huddersfield, we looked REALLY ordinary today. Indecisive at the back, lightweight in midfield,  toothless in attack.

While we were completely outplayed,  Bowyer's final sub was a bit sh*t or bust, which contributed to the 2 late goals as our non existent midfield was overrun.
  • Options
    Been to both this week. One main question- if LT is calling for the ball, pointing to where he wants it at least 15 times a game why don’t we give it to him?
    Was really surprised to see carbon copy performance of Wednesday night, today.
  • Options
    timken said:
    I suppose all you negative bedwetters believe liverpool are crap as well [3-0 down after 75 mins as i type this]
    That's exactly the same as probably being in the relegation zone come 10pm on Monday isn't it.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    timken said:
    I suppose all you negative bedwetters believe liverpool are crap as well [3-0 down after 75 mins as i type this]
    That's exactly the same as probably being in the relegation zone come 10pm on Monday isn't it.
    We're not going to be in the relegation zone on Monday night
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    timken said:
    We're not going to be in the relegation zone on Monday night
    I didn't see that luton equalised, its still not the same though as liverpool losing today. 
  • Options
    Having a post match beer in Hull and my anger has not abated.

Granted, yes I'm in Hull, but even so. We were shite.
  • Options
    I have lots of time for Bowyer and believe he is a good manager.
    i think what we need to recognise is that football and situations change. 
    Lee Bowyer took over a broken club, fans were demoralised, players had no confidence in the administration and their futures.
    lee sorted that out, fans are now part of the club and the toxic time of RD and KM has gone.
    Lee restored the togetherness of the club, he motivated the team to promotion.
    he now has a different job under different circumstances- I hope he succeeds.
    Could not agree more. 
    Its quite dissapointing to see a few already turning on Lee but i guess some have short memories. The club from top to bottom had been in a pretty bad place for years and Robinson getting Lee in before he left turned out to be a pretty pivotal point in our recent history if you think about it. We could of carried onwards on our downward spiral and who knows how it would of ended, we can only imagine. The fans started coming back before  the takeover and that was down to Lee and the coaching staff and how they got the team playing. That run in last season and the play offs and then the day out at Wembley is up there for me as one of my top Charlton memories. The attendances home and away are pretty good now and it feels like we as a club could and should be looking at progressing and having an exciting (in a good way not a takeover way) future. 
    We all have different opinions and i respect peoples views if they feel that someone else could do a better job than Lee. My opinion is hes the best man for us and i think he deserves a bit more support. And i still have faith he can keep us up and then we can plan again in the summer. I may be naive, we will know in about 8 weeks time, but like i say its all opinions.

One thing i would also add on team selection. I dont want to see McGeady in a Charlton shirt again. Id rather play Morgan, Vennings or any other youngster that shows a bit of interest and at least commitment. If that means lack of quality im fine with that.
    Agree with you Bowyer is a Good manager and he will be very pissed off today and I am Certain will wake up tomorrow with the right game plan to move forward and get us safely through  this relegation battle 👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I imagine the Hull fans will be just as pissed off.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Airman are you insisting they have no money? 

For what it’s worth I’ve been told that a player has told a couple of fans last week that ESI don’t have anywhere near the dough anyone thought. 
    This for me is very worrying if true. Lots of players out of contract and on short ones.
  • Options
    Second post of mine on this thread tonight, just watched LB's pitch-side press conference...a breath of fresh air and honesty...it was his fault, he picked the team, he gave them jobs to do...they didnt perform.....he's learnt a lot from this and players need to step up....missing Pratley.....hope he could be back next week....this may be the kick up the backside the players need....it wont happen again!!
    Lets hope this galvanizes the squad and next Saturday we see the reaction LB wants....if you watch the interview he looked furious!!!  

He should have been furious after Wednesdays performance but instead he insisted we were unlucky and the naughty ref let them win. Wednesday should have been the kick up the arse they needed. Too late Bowyer, too late.
  • Options
    For anyone who hasn't watched the highlights or lowlights! You must!! The 1st 2 goalthe  defending was laughable talk about scared rabbits in the headlight!
    They weren't just scared they were shit scared nobody was prepared to put a foot in
  • Options
    McGeady is shite and does not give a shit on his wages, that’s why SUNDERLAND don’t want him in
    their team 👎👎
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Airman are you insisting they have no money? 
    I think that's what anyone with a modicum of intelligence/head over heart knows.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What an absolutely shit day for results. We lost 4-0 to relegation rivals Huddersfield, allowing them to go three points clear of us. Ex-Addick, Grant getting a brace as predictable as it is depressing. Wigan and Reading both won whilst Stoke, Luton and Blackburn all picked up points. It's still in our hands but only just; another week like this one and it won't be any more.

Palace won to effectively end any relegation worries they might have. West Ham won to take them out of the bottom three. Millwall claimed a point after being behind and actually went a place up the table.  

Elsewhere, other ex-Addicks Regan Charles-Cook and Joe Piggott both managed to do what none of our players seem to be capable of,

Some days I fucking hate football. Today is one of those days.
    I think Blackburn picking up points is the very least of our worries ......
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I imagine the Hull fans will be just as pissed off.
    The two most common words I've heard this evening are "fookin" and "shite"! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Said it on the match thread but what has changed since Luton? Is there a problem in the camp? I dunno.
    One thing is for sure; despite their good intentions, ESI played the wrong hand on Jan
    You need cards to play a hand. 
    uh oh
  • Options
    Gutted Scousers anyone?

Nah, can't cheer myself up either!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bye bye championship... At least the teams worst than us allegedly are making a go of it. 
    Attaboy, the Dunkirk spirit lives on. Fight them on the beaches, etc.
    Indeed any suggestions how to get out of it. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bye bye championship... At least the teams worst than us allegedly are making a go of it. 
    Indeed any suggestions how to get out of it. 
    Yes get Sarr, Pratley and Lockyer back win two games in a row, pump up the confidence and push on 👍👍
  • Options
    Harold Wilson 4 Ted Heath 0

• Options
    I doubt there is a single poster on here that doesn’t think that had ESI spent a few quid in January then this relegation scrap wouldn’t be as serious as it now seems to be. Three things. Either supreme arrogance, supreme stupidity or supremely skint. My monies on the last one. 
    How much was it we offered for Maddison? And how‘s it going for him these days?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Embarrassing ain't it.   Hope Bowyer and the team have more arsehole than our white flag waving fanbase.  Pathetic.
    Exactly. If we go down then we go down, but we're not down yet. Not even in the relegation zone, yet knickers are being soiled all over the forum! 

Not that I think "bye bye Championship" or anything, but having been there today, there has been a noticeably negative change in mentality to be fair. Bedwetters are rubbish of course but we looked nothing like acceptable.