Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Been out all day, checked my phone a couple of times, last at about 10 to 5, 2 down, thought we lost 2-0, just seen the final score, WTF?
  • Options
    Rowland may be long gone but he left his legacy behind!
    Thanks for selling grant and selling the club at the last hour leaving little time for the new owners to clear up the mess you left behind
  • Options
    Look on the bright side climbing up to mid table would have been boring at least this is exciting and nail biting going right to the wire! Hope we have have an easy last game in case we need points or goal difference at the death
  • Options
    10 games not 10 days
  • Options
    We have a shit squad and new owners who are convincing nobody - we are becoming a bit of a joke. Needed a big performance today and we capitulate 4-0.

This squad would struggle in L1. Too many mediocre players

• Options
    Can we have an official statement from the anti-bedwetting brigade please.
    Not sure this will count. We appeared to start slowly and then got into the first half, failed to score and then gifted them a goal with some bad defending. 

Then we were ok until they scored again and then we totally lost it.

We have enough quality to win games, and will win some more, should be enough if we battle and have some confidence back. Negative tactics won’t help and we are in a scrape but we should still just about make it.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I'm still scathing over the Sheff Wed game.

That was more of a balls up than today for me.

• Options
    Doughty and Green have been very disappointing, especially given the very bright start they both made when they they appeared on the scene.🤔
    Prefer Leko to Green. He gave us a decent outlet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose all you negative bedwetters believe liverpool are crap as well [3-0 down after 75 mins as i type this]
  • Options
    timken said:
    I suppose all you negative bedwetters believe liverpool are crap as well [3-0 down after 75 mins as i type this]
    22 points clear at the top of the table? Are you purposely trying to be a WUM or are you actually serious?
  • Options
    I feel sorry for all the loyal travelling fans today
    who had to endure that gutless embarrassing shite performance.
    and I still cannot understand why Phillips gets such
    rave reviews from some of our fans.
    being a fair stopper sometimes is all well and good,
    but he cannot kick a ball out to save his life, cannot
    kick accurately and struggles to catch balls also.
    when will Ben Amos get a chance ?
    we had 4 reasonable players today the rest including Taylor were very poor to average.

Another  awful performance,
    keep that up and we will be back in league one.

Wake up Bowyer !!

• Options
    The idiots on twitter are embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Bye bye championship... At least the teams worst than us allegedly are making a go of it. 
  • Options
    I was fantasizing before the game that we'd beat hudders and re-buy Grant in the future. ha ha
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Can we have an official statement from the anti-bedwetting brigade please.
    Gone straight past wetting the bed to shitting the bed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bye bye championship... At least the teams worst than us allegedly are making a go of it. 
    Attaboy, the Dunkirk spirit lives on. Fight them on the beaches, etc.
  • Options
    Thought Huddersfield looked a top of table side based on the way they bossed the play. They always seemed to find a man in SPACE whereas our passes were in the main to a player with no space (a town player 3 yards away) and possession was either lost or the ball played back to the back 5/4 and inevitably back to Dillon who was also put under pressure, which is how the first goal came about. Huddersfield were quality but let's.not get this out of proportion. They started the day on the same number of points 35 games into a season. To me that makes us about equal. As can be seen with many results involving teams around us, that if they turn up they can beat anyone including the top team ala West Brom v Wigan. We are in a very worrying position, there is no other way to view it. Our form is not that of the teams around us so the odds are against us staying up. I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. I hope that Bowyer can do something amazing over the next 10 games but fear he doesn't have the experience or squad to play to his plans. 

Having watched at Hillsboro and again today, it's a tough week. I seriously hope the player's can pick themselves up to give the fans something to cheer about (because it's needed).

As an aside, it was slightly amusing that Karlan's song incorporates their amusement at having bought him from Charlton Athletic! Less amusing were his two well taken goals. 

Tough times ahead, but it's what being a fan is all too often about. Onto the next episode. 
  • Options
    Thought Huddersfield looked a top of table side based on the way they bossed the play. They always seemed to find a man in SPACE whereas our passes were in the main to a player with no space (a town player 3 yards away) and possession was either lost or the ball played back to the back 5/4 and inevitably back to Dillon who was also put under pressure, which is how the first goal came about. Huddersfield were quality but let's.not get this out of proportion. They started the day on the same number of points 35 games into a season. To me that makes us about equal. As can be seen with many results involving teams around us, that if they turn up they can beat anyone including the top team ala West Brom v Wigan. We are in a very worrying position, there is no other way to view it. Our form is not that of the teams around us so the odds are against us staying up. I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. I hope that Bowyer can do something amazing over the next 10 games but fear he doesn't have the experience or squad to play to his plans. 

Having watched at Hillsboro and again today, it's a tough week. I seriously hope the player's can pick themselves up to give the fans something to cheer about (because it's needed).

As an aside, it was slightly amusing that Karlan's song incorporates their amusement at having bought him from Charlton Athletic! Less amusing were his two well taken goals. 

Tough times ahead, but it's what being a fan is all too often about. Onto the next episode. 
    That was because Huddersfield played a high tempo pressure game when we had the ball shutting down the space - when they had it we sat off making it easy fo then to lose our markers.
  • Options
    Hopefully Lee Bowyer will learn from this game. After Wednesday he decided to go with a very attacking line up away from home and compromised the defensive side of things. If we were at home then, maybe, but basically he under estimated Huddersfield and they were a threat right from the start. They had so much space and pace and we had difficulty coping. And once they went 1 and then 2 up there was no way we were getting back into that. In fact we had a better chance of conceding more goals which is what happened. Our superior GD has always been an extra point for us but now that has basically gone. A very naive team selection in my opinion. 

So what does Lee do from here? I would say, get back to basics. Stop trying to be too clever. Respect the Championship. Respect the teams we're playing against. Recognize the players that we have and use them to the best of their ability. Lee has always been able to do that but lately it seems to have changed a bit. Is the pressure starting to take its toll? I'm surprised if it has because that just doesn't seem to be him. And, has his approach changed since the new owners took over? Food for thought maybe. 

Anyway, whatever happens between now and the end of the season it's going to be an interesting few weeks. There's never a dull moment following Charlton so strap yourselves in.      

• Options
    For me there’s a sense that the cohesion has been lost. Lots of frustration and angry words between the players, especially the back 4 and Dills.

Stupid to gift them a goal. We started the better in the 2nd half but nothing would come from it. The rest is history.

For what looked like an attacking XI we really were toothless.
  • Options
    No more to say atm. Wait for next Saturday & see how I feel by then, but no-one can say it hasn't been coming. Even the wins this month have not been convincing & could easily have lost all 3 of them at some point during the 90 mins. Those 3 games we came out with a plus 4 goal difference, which was wiped out in just 1 game today.
     Huddersfield showed how you win a game against your relegation rivals. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It's not going to be pretty but ultimately we are so different game to game that I've not given up all hope yet, the Forest away performance was surrounded by shit. Cant trust our defence for any away game so makes the home games so must winnable 
  • Options
    I’m very worried now and I haven’t been all season. But the performance I saw on Wednesday followed by the result today suggests that we could be league one next year.

very disappointed and we are all going to look at the poor transfer window as the turning point. 
  • Options
    Matt Smith and Davis to save our lives? Come off it 
  • Options
    Airman are you insisting they have no money? 

For what it’s worth I’ve been told that a player has told a couple of fans last week that ESI don’t have anywhere near the dough anyone thought.