Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Three defeats in a row v relegation rivals. No goals. Boro done the double over us. League One here we come. 
    Carefull off it will say you have surrendered despite the team have...
  • Options
    Wish we could start with a formation which puts the opposition under a bit of pressure. Instead it is us chopping and changing each game! Sorely lacking creative quality and we will all look back at that transfer window and agree it was hot air and useless
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Another suggestion would be to bring in a sports psychologist and potentially a hypnotherapist... Whatever it takes to bring about some self belief again.
    This with bells on. We need a sports psychologist to come in and motivate the boys. They’re so devoid of confidence at the moment
  • Options
    Don’t win next week where down end of
  • Options
    Hull just became a must win game.
    It already was given the other away games we have to play
  • Options
    Another 11 points to be safe. 3 wins, 2 draws from our remaining 9 games. Surely this is possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hit and hope football against some absolute units is never going to work.

Huge game next weekend

Miserable 
  • Options
    What a waste of time it all is. We were done for in the transfer window and thats when it became clear that this bunch are up there with the Spivs, Roland and Sunley as rubbish owners. Was Mouthall there today?
    Ridiculous comment to be making, even considering the poor form we're in.
    Think what you like mate, I really don't care. Lets see if they are still there next season and if they do buy the ground. I suppose you are right though at least the Spivs and Roland owned the Valley and Sparrows Lane. If you cannot see that we needed to properly strengthen in January to prevent the rapid slide to relegation then I want what you are drinking.
  • Options
    That was grim didn't win a first ball or  second all day...centre halves are at best league 1...bowyer has no plan b....Cullen and Williams were rubbish. ..what the hell has gone wrong. 
  • Options
    What a waste of time it all is. We were done for in the transfer window and thats when it became clear that this bunch are up there with the Spivs, Roland and Sunley as rubbish owners. Was Mouthall there today?
    Ridiculous perhaps, but could well be true! Probably the most avoidable relegation ever experienced. Only fools would go out and buy something they can not afford to run, thrashing their acquisition within days of taking it on. Seems quite a ridiculous thing to do, does it not? 
    So would have been better to have kept Roland in January then?

I wonder what our business would have looked like had that happened
  • Options
    Ridiculous perhaps, but could well be true! Probably the most avoidable relegation ever experienced. Only fools would go out and buy something they can not afford to run, thrashing their acquisition within days of taking it on. Seems quite a ridiculous thing to do, does it not? 

Considering this is likely to be one of the toughest seasons to stay up in this league, regarding points required, I disagree with your "probably the most avoidable relegation ever experienced".
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

We can say ‘second half was better’ but at this stage of the season it’s just not good enough. To offer another absolute gift of a goal again, and to line up in the wrong formation again and have to change it after 30 minutes again. They were passing it around us like we weren’t even there! Even in the second half, we huffed and puffed but they still had the better chances and many more of them. It was rubbish.

They had more chances, but nearly every one was speculative and every one was wasted.

Nothing going for us at the moment, but at least Wigan's winning streak has been halted.
    Take it you missed then the three crosses across our six yard box that just needed a tap in, a decent save from Dills and another that just wouldn't come down for their player. None of them were speculative. They created far more than us, they passed around us all game and deserved to win. 
    Sorry, did they even get shots off on those?

To say they deserved to win is simple fact no matter how many 'chances' you have if you don't score you don't deserve to win. If your opponent scores and you can't score one more than them, you don't deserve to win.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough.

3 games, 3 defeats, 0 goals scored.

Simply pathetic.
    All lies with Bowyer too. He's setting us up far too negatively and making reactive changes when it's far too late. Second half was better but, let's be honest, they were still carving us open every time they had the ball.

They were panicking when we attacked too. It wasn't entirely one sided.

I agree Bowyer set us up all wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Poor first half, much better 2nd but still not good enough.  Players body language looked a bit defeated from the off.  I never think that 1 player can make a difference  - but boy do we miss Gallagher’s energy and never give up attitude!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The coffee is brewing. I just hope we wake up in time to smell it 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hull just became a probably wont win game.
    I bet they can't wait to end their poor run. "Welcome to Charlton chaps. The goal is open for you".
  • Options
    We can moan all we like but the fact it we don’t have the quality or players to stay up .

The new owners gambled by not gambling in the transfer window . Whether that’s because that was the plan or they have no money is up for debate ( I think the latter )  but I really can’t see us staying up if the last three games are anything to go by .
    Weren’t they going to spend £1m on Maddison? Haven’t they given Bowyer a new contract?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This thread often goes into meltdown after a defeat.
    Well today that's fully justified. 
    I've been supporting this club since the 60s and  I know what a relegation side loos like. 

We have absolutely no chance of staying up. 
    Fuckin rubbish. 
    It's not totally justified. We've played better today than the last two and were undone by a mistake. Again.

The players need to start shouldering the blame, as does Bowyer.

Deserved a draw but got nothing. Still don't believe we're down, but if we don't pick up 4 more wins we will be gone

If you honestly believe we deserved a draw I honestly don't know what to say to you.
  • Options
    Think what you like mate, I really don't care. Lets see if they are still there next season and if they do buy the ground. I suppose you are right though at least the Spivs and Roland owned the Valley and Sparrows Lane. If you cannot see that we needed to properly strengthen in January to prevent the rapid slide to relegation then I want what you are drinking.

It was more your comment of "this bunch are up there with the Spivs, Roland and Sunley as rubbish owners" that was ridiculous.

I'm well aware we needed to strengthen in Jan, and that Southall clearly got carried away on social media, but if I remember correctly only Huddersfield strengthened well from all the bottom sides. So don't see how it's all ESI fault, Jan is notoriously a tough time to bring in good quality players, without us needing to convince them to join a relegation fight for 5 months.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    We can moan all we like but the fact it we don’t have the quality or players to stay up .

The new owners gambled by not gambling in the transfer window . Whether that’s because that was the plan or they have no money is up for debate ( I think the latter )  but I really can’t see us staying up if the last three games are anything to go by .
    Weren’t they going to spend £1m on Maddison? Haven’t they given Bowyer a new contract?
    Is that your idea of gambling , giving the manager a contract?
    Bowyer said they didn’t bid a million for anyone . 
  • Options

Considering this is likely to be one of the toughest seasons to stay up in this league, regarding points required, I disagree with your "probably the most avoidable relegation ever experienced".
    Did it look as tough at the start of January as it does tonight?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Shit. End of.