Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    tom_k said:
    Absolutely dreading Millwall now.
    I honestly think I’m just going to give that game a miss. It’s bad enough having to sit there and watch them gloat at the best of times - really don’t fancy watching them hammer another nail in our coffin. 
  • Options
    No conselation but we are down there with the two teams that came up with us which says a lot about money or in our case the lack of it. 

Gutted and have to agree with someone on this site that said previously this will be the most pointless relegation ever!

Hull now is sh*t or bust because I'd rather go down with a fight than a whimper. 

Just not sure this team has the balls. 

Posted 2 or 3 weeks ago that the Belgian would now be responsible for only the second  most pointless relegation
  • Options
    Haven't heard anyone say that we are missing Naby Sarr but he is our our only source of salvation. That and a boot up the backside for the team. The ref gave us nothing except three yellow cards for infringements that he allowed Borough to get away with more than once.  Dillon didnt learn that we had to play out from the back and continued to punt long balls at Taylor that their defence won. As for their goal, the least said the better

• Options
    Haven't heard anyone say that we are missing Naby Sarr but he is our our only source of salvation. That and a boot up the backside for the team. The ref gave us nothing except three yellow cards for infringements that he allowed Borough to get away with more than once.  Dillon didnt learn that we had to play out from the back and continued to punt long balls at Taylor that their defence won. As for their goal, the least said the better

So first you say we need Sarr to play out from the back and then question why Phillips doesnt play out from the back - think there is a clue in why the latter didnt happen, you dont give Oshilaja or Pearce the ball (to feet) as your instantly going to invite pressure which is what happened today
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    I honestly think I’m just going to give that game a miss. It’s bad enough having to sit there and watch them gloat at the best of times - really don’t fancy watching them hammer another nail in our coffin. 
    Deep breaths and Man up
  • Options
    Can we all have a try to get the post-match thread talking about the match please? Cheers
  • Options
    Hulls record same as Boro and guess who they last beat? 

• Options
    I thought the ref was pretty fair to both sides really and neither can claim to have been more harshly treated than the other in my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    ross1 said:
    Well that January transfer window was good
    Was super duper 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Hulls record same as Boro and guess who they last beat? 

If form matters so much how did we beat anyone ourselves when we were bottom of the form table?

Far too much emphasis put on pointless stats before games these days
  • Options
    edited March 2020

So first you say we need Sarr to play out from the back and then question why Phillips doesnt play out from the back - think there is a clue in why the latter didnt happen, you dont give Oshilaja or Pearce the ball (to feet) as your instantly going to invite pressure which is what happened today
    Bizarrely you seem to criticise but agree.  Wnen we played out a couple of times we got a little more traction even with Oshilijah.. With Sarr we will be more effective  passing out from the back but with size of the Borough defence the long ball was the most ineffective option but Phillips stuck with it the majority of the time.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Just not good enough against a poor Middlesbrough - but who looked better midfield & defence. No excuses for another poor display, tactics same, throw ins & set pieces poor.  Back to drawing board please.

That's also a poor use of English to use poor so many times.
  • Options

Bizarrely you seem to criticise but agree.  Wnen we played out a couple of times we got a little more traction even with Oshilijah..  
    Yes Im agreeing we miss Sarr because we can play out the back with him as he's comfortable on the ball

You dont ask Pearce / Oshilaja to do that as neither have the same confidence which is why it was safer to hit long balls
  • Options
    At least Mr Woodgate can speak the truth about LB. It convinces me now that this takeover was 'strange' in ever area. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Body language all wrong.  We looked defeated even before Boro scored.  Desperately need a lucky break or a magician to give the team a lift otherwise it’s going to look bleak at the end of the month.
    Setting up at the start of a match against a relegation rival to try an win rather than cling on for 90 mins and hope for the best might help...
  • Options
    League one again next season then - not going to recover from this imo - all the toast and beer in the world can’t quell the disappointment (although I’ll have a bash)

Just starting on a nice pint of Jarl
  • Options
    Christ, that match next weekend is unbelievably big now. Way to pile on the pressure lads! Luckily hull are as bad as we are. 

Agreed, that next weeks match is massive and LB will now have to dig deep on his man management skills and find something to lift these players up; maybe a prayer to Christ might be a better approach instead of using His name as a kind of expletive might be better?
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    Deep breaths and Man up
    I think I’ll just have 10 pints beforehand and refuse to acknowledge that the inevitable happened. 
  • Options
    January window proving to be nothing short of abysmal. 3 players not good enough to start and another who tries but frustrates. All that posturing by MS is looking more embarrassing with every match that passes. 
  • Options
    If that bloody 'We go again' tweet comes back out, I will give them both barrels. Shite.