Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Sage said:

For my theory, I did use the actual results from the fixtures which had previously been played this season.

In this instance specifically though, I guess the problem of putting the season back to the half way point is you’re taking out a whole load of results since Christmas.
    Bewildering!

So, just to be clear … for your predictions, you have assumed that we draw 2-2 at Hull City, that we draw 2-2 with QPR, 2-2 at Cardiff, we lose 1-2 at home to Millwall, we win 1-0 at Brentford, 2-0 at home to Reading, we lose 0-1 at Birmingham, we lose 0-2 to Wigan and we win 1-0 at Leeds?  No wonder we stay up.

With all due respect, total nonsense .. as demonstrated by the fact that, if you take this approach with all other 28 paired fixtures, your mirror image occurs only twice (2-2 with West Brom and 0-1 with Middlesbrough).

Apologies if I have over-interpreted but, if you haven't done the above, what have you actually done?
    You’re just being extremely pedantic and going well over the top with this without actually taking in anything of note that I have said. If you’re also going to say something rude, don’t start it with, ‘with all due respect’ or along those lines. It’s not respectful. 

Yes, those exact results are what have been added to the current standings. Just as the other 9 results for each and every other 23 clubs in the league. The interesting part of it was that the amount of difference in the current table and what it would be is extremely small. It’s not that hard to understand.

Quite frankly, I am tired of repeating myself and trying to explain the idea when the vast majority of people on here who have responded have done so positively, respectfully, and in a way of being open minded. It was there for discussion and to throw something new into the mix. The fact we stay up in this theory has no meaning or bearing whatsoever. If you think it does, well it would mean we incidentally stay up by 3 points. Not a lot at all, and extremely feasible, so it’s not a ,’no wonder we stay up’, because again it shows the possibility of it actually occurring. It’s not total nonsense, you just don’t understand what exactly I have done.

I’m not going to explain any further because I know what I have said has been clear enough. If you can’t fathom that, well that’s your problem, not mine.

Good … just as I thought then … total nonsense.

Yes, let's put it to bed then.  It's really not worth the effort.
  • Options
    As some of you may know I run a sports sponsorship agency - and our clients includes EPL brands / sponsors. I have never posted 'in the know bollocks' around Charlton cos I have never been in the know. I have literally just had a note sent to me that suggests the following from the company that organises logistics and travel for a large number of EPL clubs:

Premier league will be back in June is what I have just been told. The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at St Georges Park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regularly to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.

Because I have literally copy and pasted an email - could this be made members only please or I will need to delete shortly? Otherwise on the off chance this post is seen it will be obvious where it has come from..

Cheers.
  • Options
    Whatever I might think of the PL returning, playing it all at St Georges Park in a self contained environment seems the only way it could work.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Seems like a plan to me.
    Football on all day & night for a month is the least I deserve after all the shite I've had to endure for the last 2 months. :smile:
  • Options
    Sounds like a terrible idea. Footballers locked away for a month to play on a training pitch with zero atmosphere, it'll be rubbish viewing 
  • Options
    As some of you may know I run a sports sponsorship agency - and our clients includes EPL brands / sponsors. I have never posted 'in the know bollocks' around Charlton cos I have never been in the know. I have literally just had a note sent to me that suggests the following from the company that organises logistics and travel for a large number of EPL clubs:

Premier league will be back in June is what I have just been told. The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at St Georges Park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regularly to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.

Because I have literally copy and pasted an email - could this be made members only please or I will need to delete shortly? Otherwise on the off chance this post is seen it will be obvious where it has come from..

Cheers.
    Premier league only? 

I don’t think it will work. Young premier league footballer away from home, staying in a hotel, sneaks hotel staff into bedroom, hotel staff member lives with a paramedic who passes on the virus. 7 days later, four teams all have it.
  • Options

Cheers.
    Desperation but needs must I suppose...

Hollow solution, workable potentially- am I bothered about it? - no.

Will I watch it? Probably. And there lies the rub I suppose - demand.

• Options
    What happens to the other 3 divisions then?
  • Options
    Your have hundreds of fans going to St Georges
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it goes a long way to wrapping up loose ends and also goes a fair way to satisfy sponsorship deals. 
    Not an ideal way to finish a season and obviously can’t be rolled out across all divisions but at least we get to see Liverpool either win the league for the first time ever (football started in the ‘90s) or see the choke which will provide some entertainment to some.
  • Options
    Sounds like a terrible idea. Footballers locked away for a month to play on a training pitch with zero atmosphere, it'll be rubbish viewing 
    I'd take rubbish viewing over no viewing right now.

It's gotten so bad I've started watching live streams of my mates playing matches on Football Manager.
    I'd take no viewing and saving lives 

Over viewing and risking lives

Football isnt important and rushing it back is stupid, just so people have something to watch and to try and finish the season and potentially risk lives

• Options
    Also tough on Norwich, I think they were counting on a disaster to keep them up back in August.
  • Options

Cheers.
    So loads of young men are going to live in isolation like monks for 8 weeks?

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.
  • Options
    What happens to the other 3 divisions then?
     Ball boys?
  • Options
    Man C v Liverpool or Eastenders.
    Hmm it's gonna be a tough call.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Your have hundreds of fans going to St Georges
    Make it known that anyone within a mile will be arrested (or whatever is a sensible distance).
  • Options

Cheers.

I can't see a massive difference to a World Cup.
  • Options

Cheers.

Becuse during a world cup they can see there family, most families go with the players during a world cup, fairy rarely will a country ban players wives and children
  • Options
    [snip]

Cheers.
    Sorry Damo, only just seen this, but have changed the category now. For future reference, if you need this kind of thing done in a hurry, it's a good idea to inbox a couple of the mods (preferably ones showing in the "who's online" list) so you're not reliant on one of us stumbling across it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheers.

Becuse during a world cup they can see there family, most families go with the players during a world cup, fairy rarely will a country ban players wives and children
    I don't think that's necessarily true. But you may be right.
    I thought it was about 50/50 whether families see players or not.
    I can definitely remember England being criticised for allowing the distraction of families, which was not usual.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Sage said:

For my theory, I did use the actual results from the fixtures which had previously been played this season.

In this instance specifically though, I guess the problem of putting the season back to the half way point is you’re taking out a whole load of results since Christmas.
    Bewildering!

So, just to be clear … for your predictions, you have assumed that we draw 2-2 at Hull City, that we draw 2-2 with QPR, 2-2 at Cardiff, we lose 1-2 at home to Millwall, we win 1-0 at Brentford, 2-0 at home to Reading, we lose 0-1 at Birmingham, we lose 0-2 to Wigan and we win 1-0 at Leeds?  No wonder we stay up.

With all due respect, total nonsense .. as demonstrated by the fact that, if you take this approach with all other 28 paired fixtures, your mirror image occurs only twice (2-2 with West Brom and 0-1 with Middlesbrough).

Apologies if I have over-interpreted but, if you haven't done the above, what have you actually done?
    You’re just being extremely pedantic and going well over the top with this without actually taking in anything of note that I have said. If you’re also going to say something rude, don’t start it with, ‘with all due respect’ or along those lines. It’s not respectful. 

Yes, those exact results are what have been added to the current standings. Just as the other 9 results for each and every other 23 clubs in the league. The interesting part of it was that the amount of difference in the current table and what it would be is extremely small. It’s not that hard to understand.

Quite frankly, I am tired of repeating myself and trying to explain the idea when the vast majority of people on here who have responded have done so positively, respectfully, and in a way of being open minded. It was there for discussion and to throw something new into the mix. The fact we stay up in this theory has no meaning or bearing whatsoever. If you think it does, well it would mean we incidentally stay up by 3 points. Not a lot at all, and extremely feasible, so it’s not a ,’no wonder we stay up’, because again it shows the possibility of it actually occurring. It’s not total nonsense, you just don’t understand what exactly I have done.

I’m not going to explain any further because I know what I have said has been clear enough. If you can’t fathom that, well that’s your problem, not mine.
    Be sage. 
  • Options
    IF and I do mean IF they have come up with a plan that will work and will not be putting anyone at risk, then I don't see why not. 
  • Options
    IF and I do mean IF they have come up with a plan that will work and will not be putting anyone at risk, then I don't see why not. 
    The premier league will try.
    What makes them so special?

• Options
    But there is no way they can be sure no one is at risk, so why risk it just to play football.

France have been sensible so why cant we realise that there is more to life than football and just cancel the season.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    If this is true it's totally wrong.
    Today the government announced over 26000 have died.
    Two weeks ago the government wouldn't talk about anything else saying it's about saving lives.
    So on this day there are already plans for the football season to continue,and they would of had to be given the go ahead from the government.
    I will wait and see
    I agree.

Of course this COULD be still reliant on the government giving final approval. And they may not give that?

Who knows - but what I definitely have seen is the power of money is what’s driving the thought process at the top of English football (as if you didn’t know!)
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    The premier league will try.
    What makes them so special?

IF they have a risk free plan (I'm not saying they have).
    Then it's little different to other workers being allowed to work, apart from injuries needing possible hospital treatment, but then I suppose we could say the same about someone on a building site having an accident.

The public playing football in a park wouldn't be the same as they wouldn't have been tested before and after etc.