Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    smiffyboy said:
    A message I got on WhatsApp make of it what you want.

THIS FROM A MATE WHO’S A TRAVEL WRITER:

Premier league is back in June. A sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). 
    Has been tasked with arranging hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may. 

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at St. George’s Park, behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live. 

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. 

They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.
    You really need to read this thread before you post. Old news. 
    Reading every comment on CharltonLife isn't my top priority in life smart arse
  • Options
    Anyone heard the leaked audio of Bristol Rovers PFA rep Alex Rodman.

He posted it in a group chat for the Bristol Rovers Players and someone has leaked it from there
  • Options
    Anyone heard the leaked audio of Bristol Rovers PFA rep Alex Rodman.

He posted it in a group chat for the Bristol Rovers Players and someone has leaked it from there
    What did he say?
  • Options
    Was sent this in a WhatsApp group i am in but wasnt sure how to get just the audio on here.

Luckily someone had already put it on youtube

https://youtu.be/S81IiX1KqYg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    So top three to go up automatically, no teams relegated so next season the Prem to have 23-teams?

That really sounds an awful idea
  • Options
    No, Prem have 23, we have 24 (cos we lose 3 to the Prem and gain 3 from League 1). Cue the moaning about fixture congestion from the top Prem clubs...
  • Options
    Sounds reasonably legit to me although I would've thought they'd go for the void season before any promotions
  • Options
    I know it should never have been leaked but dont see what the issue is

Quite refreshing to hear plans being discussed and not being left in the dark (as fans) for once

Nor has anything actually been agreed, set in stone from what Alex has said

Who is our PFA rep?
  • Options
    I also don't see how they'd be able to do 3 promotions from the championship
  • Options
    So top three to go up automatically, no teams relegated so next season the Prem to have 23-teams?

That really sounds an awful idea
    And then 6 go down the year after? What happens to the PL prize/TV money, can't imagine current PL teams will be happy having a smaller share plus the additional risk of relegation. That idea will never happen. 

There's two options here, finish the season or void the season and the first option is looking highly unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top 3

Leeds
    West Brom 
    Fulhan
  • Options
    Top 3

Leeds
    West Brom 
    Fulhan
    Yeah no I realise that, but I don't think that's very fair nor do I see a need to do it. Maybe PL bosses are licking their lips over having more PL games to sell next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Good luck picking a 3rd team to come up from League 1

Such a mess to clear up, Wycombe will certainly feel the most agrieved

If they forget relegation from the Football League surely the best approach would be two up from each Division and then three up from League Two as brings League One back to 24-teams

Means that anyone finishing a Play-Off position within the Football League doesnt get promoted which is fair enough this season

Only issue is the fact that Harrogate (currently 2nd in the National League) will be a Play-Off team along with Barrow to be promoted so League Two remains @ 24-teams
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Uboat said:
    Good luck picking a 3rd team to come up from League 1

6 way mini tournament with Sunderland losing the final thanks to 97th minute own goal that deflects in off a herring gull who was struck down, stuffed, is now in the natural history museum and nicknamed Bauer 😄.
    Just finished the story off for you there mate 😉.
  • Options
    Pretty easy, you take the top three teams 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    No football until 2021* is a possibility according to Rodman in that clip. On the bright side at least that buys us time for the mess at the club to get sorted to the satisfaction of the EFL whether that be the present owners, reversion to RD, admin and onward sale of the club or whatever.

* in front on fans, see subsequent post below.
  • Options
    A 23 club PL sounds a stupid idea, L1 has been a right mess this season due to having an odd number of clubs
    RedChaser said:
    No football until 2021 is a possibility according to Rodman in that clip. On the bright side at least that buys us time for the mess at the club to get sorted to the satisfaction of the EFL whether that be the present owners, reversion to RD, admin and onward sale of the club or whatever.
    I thought the quote was that they won't be playing in front of fans until 2021?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Could be a decent time to get a 12 point deduction, if the Bristol Rovers leaked audio comes to fruition. Go into administration and get Charlton people to buy the club. 
    That said, knowing the EFL they’d stick in on next season and with extra relegation places we’d be sure for the drop. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    A 23 club PL sounds a stupid idea, L1 has been a right mess this season due to having an odd number of clubs
    RedChaser said:
    No football until 2021 is a possibility according to Rodman in that clip. On the bright side at least that buys us time for the mess at the club to get sorted to the satisfaction of the EFL whether that be the present owners, reversion to RD, admin and onward sale of the club or whatever.
    I thought the quote was that they won't be playing in front of fans until 2021?
    I stand corrected must have miss heard that bit but even so I can't see them staring the season in August so if it's the Autumn it'll still give us six months breathing space for a resolution.
  • Options
    If the Premier League resumes, but with no relegation, it's going to be pretty dull for a lot of the sides

Watford vs Norwich, Soton vs Aston Villa, will anyone really care?
    City can't catch Liverpool, but are unlikely to be out of the top 3 even if they lose a couple of games
    No Euro 2020 squad places up for grabs.
  • Options
    Does the restarting of the premiership go out the window if on the 7th there's a 2-3 week extension to the lockdown.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Does the restarting of the premiership go out the window if on the 7th there's a 2-3 week extension to the lockdown.
    Hope so 😈.
  • Options
    Severance pay. Who knew that....?  Now we know why Reeves dicked around for so long 😀.
  • Options
    Just 2 up from The Championship would make much more sense. Don't think too many people could argue that both Leeds & WBA deserve it & makes sense to have an even number of teams in the Premier League too.
  • Options
    Severance pay. Who knew that....?  Now we know why Reeves dicked around for so long 😀.
    Had no idea.

Wonder if you look back a load of deals happened in the first couple of days in August.
  • Options
    It would be a bit annoying if Leeds get promoted as I've never been to Elland Road and was planning to tick off that ground this season!

Losing Leeds, West Brom and Fulham and gaining Coventry, Rotherham and Oxford would make a massive difference to the quality of the Championship. The easiest Championship ever to win if you're half decent?
  • Options
    Had no idea.

Wonder if you look back a load of deals happened in the first couple of days in August.
    I actually did know that happens. That’s why you see a whole load of signings either at the end of June or anytime in August. The players who do sign in July, it’s a little different because I’ve genuinely known of some players contracts to “officially” start in the following month, so they don’t get a massive tax on their pay at the end of the month...