Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season-ticket holders receive live access to watch every remaining game on Valley Pass

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    This is SO frustrating.

Both myself and my girlfriend have £29 on our accounts. The two accounts are linked and assigned to each other. We will be watching the remaining games in the same household, but when trying to purchase the remaining games, I can only access one £29 CAFC Cash and not £58 CAFC Cash for both amounts.

This means that the only way is to purchase the home games on one account, leaving £2 CAFC Cash, but having to pay £1.50 transaction fee, and the away games to be purchased on the other account and having to pay £22.50 out including transaction fee. All because they can't allow you to access the other CAFC Cash, that is assigned to the account, and therefore should cost me £14 plus the transaction fee.

What is the actual point of having these relationships on the system of accounts assigned to another when you can't do anything with it?
    same scenario here, I had £62 cash and my kids £19 and £10 respectively....no way of linking them to cover the purchase cost for all games (well nothing that seemed simple enough for a technophobe like me) - took me long enough just to sort passwords out to log in. I just ended up paying the additional £11.50 rather than trying to spend ages getting it sorted.
    Only way now for you would be to ask for a refund on your kids season tickets. But for that to happen you'll be waiting ages just for that money back. It's so silly when the accounts are linked and you probably even paid for the two kids season tickets as well.
  • Options

My mate who I go to games with will be coming to mine to watch the remainder, he's submitted a refund request on his account today and we'll just watch on my account with his refund used as beer money.

I don't think he'll be seeing the actual refund for a while though!

That's a good way of doing it really.
  • Options
    think I'll go down the refund route on the kids tickets
  • Options
    Genuine question to anyone on here who might know..?

If you're buying home matches on one account, and the away on another, do you both need a Valley Pass account or can I still watch all remaining games on the one Valley Pass account but just put in the specific code we will get sent to us?
  • Options
    How do you know it's linked to your Valley Pass once you've bought the match(s) I just know it'll be a nause up
  • Options
    Sage said:

If you're buying home matches on one account, and the away on another, do you both need a Valley Pass account or can I still watch all remaining games on the one Valley Pass account but just put in the specific code we will get sent to us?
    I believe they send you a code so you could possible could use the one account. 

As a side note i purchased my 9 game bundle last night but still not received a code however was told it could take up to 24 hrs 
  • Options
    Paid for all the games, home and away. £38 in Charlton Credit plus £35.50 in cash.

£35.50 to watch all the away games I probably wouldn't have seen is decent.

Anyone know if two computers can log into the same account at the same time? Step son will be with his dad for a couple so we'll have to watch it seperately.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I believe they send you a code so you could possible could use the one account. 

As a side note i purchased my 9 game bundle last night but still not received a code however was told it could take up to 24 hrs 
    Same here. I’m expecting the code for the Hull game to appear tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Am I correct in my understanding that even if season ticket holders have sufficient 'Charlton cash' for the home matches in theory they have to pay a spiteful 'transaction charge' of £1.50 per match?

If so then isn't that theft or extortion? Forget the amount it is the principle at stake here. You cannot charge people again for something that they have already paid for.

I am having no more to do with any of this nonsense and will attempt to get my so called 'Charlton Cash' back. I suspect that, like Oates on Scott's expedition to the South Pole, it might take some time.
  • Options
    Does any body know if teams are using ifollow at all?

A mate of mine has a firestick with all ifollow channels preloaded and we're unsure whether to go round his to watch or pay for Valley Pass
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Does any body know if teams are using ifollow at all?

A mate of mine has a firestick with all ifollow channels preloaded and we're unsure whether to go round his to watch or pay for Valley Pass
    Yeah ValleyPass is iFollow... Its just incorporated into our video platform so far as I'm aware
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Am I correct in my understanding that even if season ticket holders have sufficient 'Charlton cash' for the home matches in theory they have to pay a spiteful 'transaction charge' of £1.50 per match?

If so then isn't that theft or extortion? Forget the amount it is the principle at stake here. You cannot charge people again for something that they have already paid for.

I am having no more to do with any of this nonsense and will attempt to get my so called 'Charlton Cash' back. I suspect that, like Oates on Scott's expedition to the South Pole, it might take some time.
    Correct Len, and don’t forget if you bought your season ticket online originally you’d have paid a £1.50 fee then too.
  • Options
    The £1.50 transaction fee is naughty... Especially as I've never had to pay that for purchasing single Charlton games on iFollow this season!!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Pretty sure it's just a one-off fee of £1.50, and not per match.

It's still an outrage though, but I'm certain it's just the singular £1.50 charge.

• Options

My mate who I go to games with will be coming to mine to watch the remainder, he's submitted a refund request on his account today and we'll just watch on my account with his refund used as beer money.

I don't think he'll be seeing the actual refund for a while though!

I hope he's watching it through the window 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The £1.50 card/transaction fee is a joke. I bought my streaming voucher using cafc cash so no card involved! Yet still had to pay a booking fee
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Paid for all the games, home and away. £38 in Charlton Credit plus £35.50 in cash.

£35.50 to watch all the away games I probably wouldn't have seen is decent.

Anyone know if two computers can log into the same account at the same time? Step son will be with his dad for a couple so we'll have to watch it seperately.
    Unfortunatley I'm pretty sure you can only log in from one device at a time, to avoid people 'doubling up' when paying to stream a match.

As an aside, for anyone who isn't a Sky subscriber and is thinking of watching the Millwall game via NowTV, you can log into a NowTV account from up to 2 devices simultaneously, so if you're thinking of buying one of their day/week/month passes you can split the cost with a mate and both watch at the same time!

Currys are currently selling NowTv Sky Sports 1 week passes for a tenner, so you could split with a mate for a fiver each and both watch a weeks worth of Sky Sports.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well having waited for someone to contact me from the ticket office..... ( I posted the email some page back, claiming they would) I decided to bite the bullet and buy the home games, I had noticed that my account had gone up to £29, Oh that is okay then, the £1.50 'transaction fee' is being absorbed by CAFC. Hold on, asked for £1.50 , and all my card details, for the £1.50!...... transaction gone through, hoorah..... I think I have a whopping £2 in CAFC cash, I assume to  pay for my next ticket transaction.
    No coupon, but I understand that is followed on 24 hours later, according to a poster on here, so hopefully all set up. Just have to see if the server does not crash when 10,000 log in.......afraid I will be  reserving judgement on a season ticket for next year, ( the club managed to email those details).

Sorry not impressed.
    Surely all you had to do was put your season ticket number in, and confirm details, then  CAFC send out the  confirmation code...... 
  • Options
    To reassure people -I brought the remaining games yesterday (15th) and I have just now received my code that I have redeemed and it all looks good to go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well purchased mine, couldn't use the kids money, heh ho......

I got a receipt email, but should we see something online on Valley pass etc?

• Options
    HRBryan said:
    To reassure people -I brought the remaining games yesterday (15th) and I have just now received my code that I have redeemed and it all looks good to go!
    Yup just received mine too after ordering yesterday (15th)
  • Options
    The £1.50 as far as I understand it is built into the ticketing system and goes to the supplier as a way of funding a replacement to the inadequate ticketing system Roland and Katrien implemented against advice from other clubs.

Since normal Player purchases don’t go through the ticketing system you wouldn’t normally pay the fee for streaming, but as they have linked the two systems for this purpose they are probably contractually obliged to charge it. They could refund it, of course, but don’t hold your breath.
  • Options
    HRBryan said:
    Yup just received mine too after ordering yesterday (15th)
    Same here ordered yesterday too. 
  • Options
    HRBryan said:
    I didn’t have Valley pass before so have now signed up and logged in but I notice that my fan ID for this is different to the one I buy my season ticket on and have Valley cash in. Does this matter?
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been highlighted but by my research every other Championship club (except Hull) are providing access to watch all remaining games in exchange for a refund, with some providing further benefits for not choosing a refund. Find the fact we are having to pay more ridiculous
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    HRBryan said:
    I didn’t have Valley pass before so have now signed up and logged in but I notice that my fan ID for this is different to the one I buy my season ticket on and have Valley cash in. Does this matter?
    No, they are two separate entities.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been highlighted but by my research every other Championship club (except Hull) are providing access to watch all remaining games in exchange for a refund, with some providing further benefits for not choosing a refund. Find the fact we are having to pay more ridiculous
    Leeds are doing the best for their supporters I feel.

Access to all remaining games home and away, a £50 gift card, and a crowdie instead of a refund.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Leeds are doing the best for their supporters I feel.

Access to all remaining games home and away, a £50 gift card, and a crowdie instead of a refund.
    Agreed, just money grabbing from Charlton, have emailed the club asking for an explanation