Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Piss weak referee lets Cooper off with yellow card for horror over the ball studs up assault on Morgan. Only a yellow for thrown elbow by Molumby who followed up with blow to head also on Morgan. Morgan not fit for 2nd half Cooper scores winner. Whitestone this one’s on you you inadequate spineless farce. Hopeless cowards like you ruin the game. 
    Yep the referee was poor. We could’ve had 2 or 3 penalties in the first half easily. The first one was stonewall. Matt Smith got wrestled to the floor as the flight of the ball was coming straight for him. 

Oh, and don’t think there was any intention with the elbow from molumby. If you watch him he didn’t take his eye off the ball once. 
    Conveniently ignoring Cooper”s studs up assault there I see. He knew exactly what has doing and put to injure Morgan. Down your way it’s probably considered whole hearted, the thug. 
  • Options
    Our performance and the way the game played out was no different to the previous 3. The only difference was this one was when we allowed them a chance unlike Hull/QPR/Cardiff they took it with a really good finish. Lockyer's chance was the same, difference being his went over the bar, gone in and we all say what a finish.

We again looked like not scoring, which is no surprise when our only decent striker has long gone and we are having to make do with players most in the league would not want.
  • Options
    Utter shite! I detest playing these 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we weren’t allowed to go. Imagine being locked in after that, in the pissing rain. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    By tonight we could be just 3 points off the bottom.

If we'd had Gallagher, Leko and Taylor fit and available all season we'd probably be chasing the play offs.
  • Options
    Strikers who can't hit the ball hard.  How has Hemed made a career at the top of football so.long, he is slow and has a sponge foot.  I could have scored in that game.
    and he swithched off for the goal. If your gonna track a player, fkn track him. If your gonna pass a player on make sure the defenders got the ability to get to him. A shocking player.
  • Options
    Even with Gallagher and Leko we looked okay without Taylor. 

But now we have lesser players in those positions.
  • Options
    2 Goals in 7 games is beyond pathetic 

there is no genuine threat there 

that crapness will see us relegated, unless the EFL deduct some points from some teams .

we graft and try but we are carrying players who aren’t good enough to consistently produce at this level .

we are a dire watch but it’s all the binary bores can produce 

oh I’m soooo fucked off , I just can’t see where the next goal is coming from . Lady Luck it’s your turn to step up cos you’re our best hope of survival 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Having slept on it:

I thought we did ok against a strong, committed, well organised and occasionally skilful Millwall side.

Cullen showed why he is not playing for West Ham. He is too small and lightweight against big and strong opposition. He had been MOM in the last three games but was anonymous today.

Morgan will be a star, hopefully for us and almost certainly for someone else. He needs to add goals to his game but is fit, strong and has vision and skill. Other than Sarr, he is our best ball player.

I know this ship has sailed, but Taylor. He was our talisman and top scorer. He was also someone who could provide assists for others. I think we can rightfully feel let down by his attitude at this crucial point of the season as we are clearly struggling for goals without him. If every player said they didn’t want to play in case they got injured, you wouldn’t be able to fulfil your fixtures.

The difference between us and them was typified by their goal. When a loose ball fell to one of our defenders (Lockyer) he blazed it over the bar. For the goal, it was a powerful shot, low and on target. Dillon did well to get behind it but when the loose ball spilled, Cooper was more alert than Lockyer and even though he is a defender, he put the ball in the net with some force. I think it deflected in off Lockyer but it was there for all to see - if you shoot hard on target, you might get a goal.

Anticipation - what makes a good player is anticipating where the ball is going, where your teammates are, picking up the second ball. Most of our players seem poor at anticipating so Hemed knocks it on and Bonne has gone the wrong way. 

Bowyer/ Jackson - we play too deep, and how many times did we put ourselves in trouble with pointless short passes between defenders instead of knocking it forward?Why take a freekick just in their half and hit it back to Dillon, when we could have played the ball forward? We need to push up more and be more positive in our forward play.

Pearce and Pratley were immense last night with some vital interventions. But we need to stop making it so hard for ourselves. And LB and JJ need to get everyone practising their shots on goal.

Very good points, Evesham, and well said.  Another of our regular weaknesses evident again last night is the crapness of crosses. Under no pressure, Cullen, Matthews and McGeady got them badly wrong: over-hit or shanked out of play.  Compare and contrast with Millwall, whose crosses to the box were almost invariably loaded with danger. 
    A couple of those low balls across by Millwall were superb. Sadly, I can only really think of Taylor who has consistently supplied similar ammunition for us in recent times. 

As an aside, Jed Wallace is a fine player and one that Millwall will do well to hold onto should they not get promoted. 
  • Options
    Posted this on the match thread just before it was closed ...

Let's face facts folks:

We could be having a season that makes Liverpools Premier League-winning campaign look like a mid-table effort and we'd still lose both games to these ****s.

Posted this on the match thread just before it was closed ...

Let's face facts folks:

We could be having a season that makes Liverpools Premier League-winning campaign look like a mid-table effort and we'd still lose both games to these ****s.
    I can't agree with this. 

We will beat Millwall, but first we need a better team.  Not one that's fire fighting with a bang average side, (albeit the odd gem here and there).  We need a bit more craft throughout, back to front, (you know the sort of team that comes from a bigger budget) and oh yeah a striker who would actually pull on his effing shirt and take the field.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The last season (1995/6) there was a double in this fixture . one side finished 6th and lost in the play off semi and the other side who had flirted with the top of the table got relegated 3rd bottom on 52 pts , just saying .
    I think you can relax, mate, we won't get to 52 points...
  • Options
    Woke up still feeling fed up about last night. 

Just read through the entire post match comments and now feel totally depressed!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Less objective opinion/question and more of a bias, annoyed one...

If Bonne doesn’t score, what does he actually do for the team?
    He does one good one two a game ...

ive said it from the beginning he doesn’t look natural enough for this level , awkward in fact 
    he’s gonna need one off his arse to score again this season , he’s a trier , we have plenty of them but I’d try if I was out there and I’m shit as well 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Less objective opinion/question and more of a bias, annoyed one...

If Bonne doesn’t score, what does he actually do for the team?
    Sort of wafts around like the wind is about to knock him off the pitch
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Strikers who can't hit the ball hard.  How has Hemed made a career at the top of football so.long, he is slow and has a sponge foot.  I could have scored in that game.
    and he swithched off for the goal. If your gonna track a player, fkn track him. If your gonna pass a player on make sure the defenders got the ability to get to him. A shocking player.
    This ^ there was some analysis earlier up the thread about Lockyer and him not reacting as quick as Cooper to the spilt shot from which they scored. I thought he made a good attempt at blocking specially as Cooper was coming onto to the ball with purpose. However Hemed failed to track his man and just gave up and watched on as his opponent drove on to score.

It was also mentioned that unlike Cooper, Lockyer fluffed his lines and should have done better with his attempt but that chance was a lot harder and typical CB's attempt on goal high, wide and handsome where if one in ten go in you've had a result.

Gutted like the vast majority of us are with the result same outcome different day. We have to keep playing to our strengths i.e. keeping it tight defending for our lives as a unit and try and take at least one of those chances that will come our way.

We go again on Tuesday anything then will be a bonus, the three games after that will decide our fate. It's still in our own hands COYRs.
  • Options
    We are toothless up front and Bonne looks like an Orient player. 
  • Options
    Is it me or was that a "mambe- pambe" south London derby. Devoid of crunching tackles, late challenges, foots getting left in, off the ball incidents. Crap, forgot we done our usual turn up for them & try & play them off the park with measured, pristine football, while they laugh at us & walk away with 3 points like the school bully with his sweets & dinner money. Much as I can see an improvement in Morgan, he ought to think himself lucky the treatment he got wasn't from Terry Hurlock. Also hope Bows can get someone in to 'nasty' Chuks up. The lad needs to realise a vital part of forward who is gonna lead the line is elbows. Sorry, forgot again we're too nice.
  • Options
    Typical, embarrassing, predictable. We will never beat them in my lifetime. They looked shit, we were even shitter. Hemed is a donkey, Taylor not being arsed to play cost us, I hope we throw the book at him.