Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    If if if... Its not helping us. All said and done I'd accept relegation if we could have decent owners and investment fact! 

I think it will take a miracle to survive now and I agree with other posters bring in Davison as it looks like we have a front two of the Simon Church brothers! 
  • Options
    I am trying to do my bet to  retrieve our desperate situation.

£10 treble on Huddersfield, Stoke and Boro today.

Hopefully I've cursed all three as my normal betting record mirrors that of Charlton against Millwall.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I am trying to do my bet to  retrieve our desperate situation.

£10 treble on Huddersfield, Stoke and Boro today.

Hopefully I've cursed all three as my normal betting record mirrors that of Charlton against Millwall.
    Think I’ll do the very same bet. Got to get something out of our Charlton misery 
  • Options
    Only one scapegoat for last nights result.

Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    After the aggro we went through to get Hemed, I think he's been our major disappointment. I thought our strikers were out of position most of the game because everyone was having to defend. Not questioning how hard they worked, but they were knackered whenever they got in front of goal. Millwall were faster to the ball almost all over the pitch, and our coming up opponents will have seen our lack of pace and will line up with that in mind. Aneke seemed to make a bit of difference, and I'd like to see him and Naby up front together, if only to stretch our opponents a bit.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Been going over the game in my head and I really think we're overreacting based on the opponent, any other side and people would be less stressed about it.
    Disagree, the warning signs have been there for the previous 3 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have to trust LB but it shows up how much of a bad hand he's been given. Survival will be a miracle anything less and I think he'll go.. You can only do so much with nothing. 
  • Options
    Woke up still feeling fed up about last night. 

Just read through the entire post match comments and now feel totally depressed!
    Honestly, the thing that worries me is how much it just washes over me. We are never going to beat them, once you make peace with that then life is easier. 
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor’s a Wanker - the rest are league 1 standard at best 
    hemed is a donkey 
    only decent player is cullen the rest are shocking and maybe need to revaluate there career choices. 
  • Options
    Trying to figure what LB will do at Brentford? Another Cardiff or keep it the same with a couple of changes? 
  • Options
    Please, please someone tell me we were not as bad as this in previous three games. I had looked forward to watching them live and quite honestly I was so fed up and frustrated with the performance I thought I better wait until today to comment. Passing terrible, so called goal scorers, non existent, do we practice crossing the ball in opponents penalty area, it seems everyone was over hit. We moaned about Church but Hemed is worse, at least Church worked hard to defend, Hemed was with the goalscorer until it went into our penalty area and he stopped, WHY? If the starting 11 was our best 11 then I can only come to one conclusion, RELEGATION
  • Options
    Molumby and Cooper could/should both have been red carded for fouls on Morgan .. Molumby's elbow assault deserved to be rewarded with a broken leg .. dirty bastard .. 
    it's all been said ..  we lacked a goal threat albeit against a rock solid and ruthless defence .. Oshilaja is a grafter but is one footed, the wrong foot for a left back .. Pearce and Lockyer are wholehearted but lack height (yes I know that Chris Perry was a spring heeled Tom Thumb) .. midfielders never look like scoring but work hard and never give up

Good points .. we were up against a determined and dirty side who are on a mission  to get to the play offs .. history was on their side .. we have conceded just 1 goal in 4 games .. we are still above the drop zone and our fellow strugglers have tough games this week (as do we at Brentford) .. someone just MUST start scoring soon .. Bowyer is managing the team well and it seems that team morale is still high .. the squad have all had a run out and there are few injured players
  • Options
    It was a narrow yet definite defeat.
    We have to move on to the next one, and the one after that and so on.
    The sole aim is to try to survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Philips is best gk in the championship apart from big games - you know local derbies and Wembley play off finals 
  • Options
    Have calmed down a bit now , our record against the scum is getting silly now . On reflection  , we again created some decent chances but our forwards just aren't championship quality  . Bonne and Hemed have had enough chances , I would give Davison and Aneke a chance at Brentford  . Williams in for McGeady as well  , and keep the rest of the team as it is .
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I deliberately didn't post last night as I would probably have got a ban!
    Now I've slept on it and feel more philosophical - although my first words when I woke up were still 'F*cking Millwall'.
    We pretty much got what we deserved and, tactically, Bowyer had an off night - it happens.
    I still take the view that our record against Millwall is nothing more than a statistical aberration, historical performances are meaningless to compare - shit happens.
    Why didn't we end the 24 years of hurt? Because Millwall are a much stronger side physically, have some very useful Championship players, and our play maker, Cullen, had perhaps his most ineffective game for Charlton. I'm not convinced many of our players would get into that Millwall side, whereas I would have Smith (a nightmare to defend against - always has been), Romeo (very useful player), Mitchell (looked very tasty when he came on), Cooper (better than our two CB by a mile, although the tackle on Albie was naughty) and Jed Wallace who was the best player on the pitch for me.
    Maybe we could have nicked a draw, but in no way did we deserve to win. Open your eyes, Bows! I also agree with MF - stone wall penalty in the first half.

Overall the game was a piss poor affair - no passion, an emotionless South London derby.
    Agree with you here! 

You just knew we were going to get nothing last night and as soon as Bonne missed the one on one, you may as well have turned the tv off then! 

I have to give credit to Millwall, they are so effective at what they do. I also agree that not many of our players would get into their side, bar Matthews in for Romeo who’s final product is woeful! 

I do worry where we will get the goals from but again it was fine margins last night, like our other two games and I honestly think we will nick another couple of draws and a win! 

Don’t dwell, move on! 
  • Options
    I really don't really give a toss that it was M***wall.  It's the points dropped and losing the clean sheet that matters
    This. Can't see us getting anything from Brentford & Leeds. All comes down to the games against Reading, Birmingham & Wigan. Need to win 2 of those. 
    But we're unbeaten against the top 6, so you never know. 
  • Options
    Where did the crowd noise come from on Sky last night?
    Didn’t we produce our own for the QPR fixture?
    last night I could hear Naby Sarr being sung and millwall millwall millwall millwall 
    Ollywozere 
    Last night’s crowd noise was all controlled by Sky and was only on the broadcast. We weren’t allowed to pipe any through into the stadium itself.
    Ah, that explains why we lost then, the lack of atmosphere :)
  • Options
    Really wish people would stop making excuses for these spineless gutless performances we were shit last night let’s be honest - and this was a derby we were “ up for” whatever that means reminds me of the Mk dons game a few season back when I think we got dicked 3-0
  • Options
    Took a little time to reflect before posting.

im very proud of the team and our manager, they are all together in this and give 100%. We defended well last night Pratley, Matthews, Phillips, Pearce and Cullen were the stand out players for me. We really can’t ask more of the players, unfortunately the talent just isn’t there going forward .

A draw would have been the fair result, so if we can continue to keep games nice and tight I’d be hopeful we can scrape another couple of 1-0 wins together which maybe enough to keep us up.

One final point it’s great that we are back playing football let’s keep our fingers crossed that no matter what the outcome in the last 5 games that we can keep our manager and we find a decent ownership in the next 6 months.
  • Options
    And will people stop taking about Millwall  getting into the play-offs. They are bang average & will lucky to be top 10. No doubt they will lose against the teams down with us.
    Millwall have an easy run in & could well make the play offs. 
  • Options
    Problem now is if we get done by 2-3 goals on tuesday,thats the superior goal difference out of the window.
  • Options
    Really wish people would stop making excuses for these spineless gutless performances we were shit last night let’s be honest - and this was a derby we were “ up for” whatever that means reminds me of the Mk dons game a few season back when I think we got dicked 3-0
    Not wishing to provoke yourself or anyone else but the team feels like it’s put together with sticky tape. Thought they gave everything but just do not have the quality going forward.