Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton Athletic | Tues 7 July | KO: 18.00pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Realistically can't see us getting anything out of this. If i was Bowyer i'd even be temped to make a load of changes and freshen things up with an eye on the Reading game.

Give Pearce and Pratley a rest (if they feel they need one), bring in the likes of Sarr, Doughty, JFC. Go 4411 with Williams playing off Aneke.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    None of the teams in the Championship are are all that special, with the possible exception of Brentford. 
    Logic would suggest at least a 3-0 win for Brentford, so I’m predicting 0-1 to Charlton. A fairly ungenerous 15/2 for the win, and 20/1 for 0-1 with Paddy Power. 
    I’ve know idea how we’ll manage it though.
    Keep it tight, defend for our lives and stick one in their net James 😉.
    Dream world! We've done it Tel!

PS QPR have just scored v. Middlesbrough :-)
    (Good results yesterday too).
    I'm glad you never put me on the spot and asked how we are going to score 😉. In all seriousness we will get at least a couple of chances from a set piece or breakaway and we just have to take one 🤞.
    I think we're due a deflection, or a defensive slip. Or a twenty yard screamer.
  • Options
    Terrific review @Sage !  Just praying for a 0-0.  Can’t see us scoring - a point would be massive.
  • Options
    Lose 7-0
  • Options
    The binary bores break the curse with a 4-0 defeat ...will we ever score again
  • Options
    Sage said:
    First time in the blue kit?
    Correct. Have changed the visual team presentation to represent this. Thanks.
    Shorts and socks to this are dark blue, Brentford wear black. Wonder if this will be allowed or if we'll have to wear the part of the home kit. 
  • Options
    I seriously hope against hope can't see anything but a defeat.
    Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    An excellent and very interesting preview @Sage.

Parking the bus will certainly be the order of the day and I expect that we'll see Field in for Pratters, with a back five and Mathews and Doughty as wing backs. I'd like to see Oztumer (very unlikely) or Williams involved against a footballing side like Brentford, especially if Albie Morgan, our main creator, is not fit to start. Hemed and Aneke look our best options amongst strikers who don't strike, although Doughty probably represents our biggest threat if we can spring them on the break.

Dillon is in for a very busy evening but there's no better man to have between the sticks. Brentford are flying but you never know.
  • Options
    We're a decent counter-attacking side. That gives us a punchers chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 draw. Sarr 98th minute.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Parking the bus will certainly be the order of the day and I expect that we'll see Field in for Pratters, with a back five and Mathews and Doughty as wing backs. I'd like to see Oztumer (very unlikely) or Williams involved against a footballing side like Brentford, especially if Albie Morgan, our main creator, is not fit to start. Hemed and Aneke look our best options amongst strikers who don't strike, although Doughty probably represents our biggest threat if we can spring them on the break.

Dillon is in for a very busy evening but there's NO better man to have between the sticks. Brentford are flying but you never know.
    Fixed for you. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Save Pratley for Reading, which will also mean he can get bookings in the last 4 games with no suspension affecting this season. Lockyer in the same situation but as our best defender he has to play. 
    0-3 defeat with more than half an eye on the Luton v Barnsley game where a draw would make me ecstatic. 
  • Options
    Just wait....we’ll get something out of this game
  • Options
    Just watched the 2 minute Sky highlights of Wigan Brentford and Wigan defending was appalling.

i think we could get something here. 0-2 Hemed, Sarr
  • Options
    Bite your hand off for a 0-0 
  • Options
                     Phillips
    Mathews, Locks, Pearce, Sarr, Oshi
    Lapslie, Cullen, Field, Doughty.
                     Chucks

Work your socks off and see where we are.
  • Options
    If we tried shooting at their goal occasionally we might stand an outside  chance.

1.0 thrashing. Zero attempts on target.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we tried shooting at their goal occasionally we might stand an outside  chance.

1.0 thrashing. Zero attempts on target.  
    Shooting isnt the issue as we've been creating loads...

Its keeping it on target and out of reach of the goalkeeper that they need to learn
  • Options
    Who would be our penalty taker now? I'd punt 1-0 with them the scorer 
  • Options
    We have a lot of them. Forget a bet on that.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cullen for me he took and scored the late penalty Sarr won for us at West Brom.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Blucher said:

Dillon is in for a very busy evening but there's NO better man to have between the sticks. Brentford are flying but you never know.
    Fixed for you. 
    Thank you. Attention to detail not my strongest suit
  • Options
    You never know,but if we lose and some of the teams below lose,we will still be out of the bottom 3 with 4 games left,with 3 winnable.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Blucher said:

Fixed for you. 
    Thank you. Attention to detail not my strongest suit
    Beg to differ, you write some excellent stuff on here. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    None of the teams in the Championship are are all that special, with the possible exception of Brentford. 
    Logic would suggest at least a 3-0 win for Brentford, so I’m predicting 0-1 to Charlton. A fairly ungenerous 15/2 for the win, and 20/1 for 0-1 with Paddy Power. 
    Yep.
  • Options
    Matthews came back in after a knock on Friday. Will he be able to start as soon as Tuesday? I think George Lapslie might well have to play his wing back role again. 
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Yep.
    Southampton have just beaten Man City 1-0 by nicking a goal and defending for their lives against wave after wave of attack so that's the way to do it 😉.