Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton Athletic | Tues 7 July | KO: 18.00pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Amazingly, with five games to go in the season, we are the only side in the division unbeaten against the top six. 
    Logic points to a tonking tonight but every time that I've thought that before we've managed to get a result.
    I think that it's too much to ask for that to happen one more time! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We absolutely have to protect our goal difference. A 1-0 loss would not be a disaster with games against Birmingham and Reading to follow. 
  • Options
    5-4-1 diamond, players behind the ball, plenty of blocks, clearances, tactical fouls and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece or counter attack. Comfortable win for Brentford or we grind out a draw or narrow win.
  • Options
    Loss all day long. 
  • Options
    Very difficult game. Anything other than a defeat would be an amazing result. 3 - 0 to The Bees
  • Options
    Well we used up several seasons of luck in the home game, when Brentford were struggling to score generally. Bit different now the front 3 have clicked. 

Said Benrahma most exciting player in the league. Amazing dribbler.

Everything points to a heavy defeat but that's why its going to be another 1-0 smash n grab. 

COYR
  • Options
    Head says that we will get thumped. Heart says we will win against the odds. Hope that Brentford have a really bad day...
  • Options
    I live backing onto Griffin Park. I can tell you that a van covered in CAFC detail has just driven past. Perhaps this is the kit van. It has safely arrived. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A game to watch from behind the sofa but like the original 1960s Dr Who tv series from where that saying first originated (it was how kids were reportedly watching it) I suspect the good guys might just triumph against seemingly overwhelming odds. OK, maybe not, we’re going to get stuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We used up our luck in the home game. 3-0 defeat.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ahh Vetokele... A player we could still do with now IMO. If you set him up at least he could work the keeper. Never really got back fully fit for us, but looked decent at times in his final 25 games for us last season.
  • Options
    Wonder if Lyle Taylor will resist the temptation to Tweet something. I would take a 2-0 loss now - a heavy defeat could look like four points lost.
  • Options
    1-0 to us 90+5 own goal off the goalie's arse...
  • Options
    We carry the goal threat of a wheezing, arthritic gerbil at the moment and they are scoring for fun, so.....

We are going to get a shoe-ing, I reckon.

However, they are doing that to everyone right now, so we need to wipe the memory banks as soon as the final whistle blows and concentrate on doing what we need to do in the other games that we have left to play.

Survival is in our hands.  We expect nothing from this game and getting mullered doesn't necessarily mean that we are so bad that we will go down.  If we defend as well as we have been and nick the odd goal from a set piece, that may well be enough in our remaining games.

In Bows we trust.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Brentford have failed to score at home 4 times this season, but incredibly those 4 times have been against Birmingham, Stoke, Huddersfield, and Forest.

Do Brentford sometimes get complacent or do they struggle if you pack out the defence and restrict the space?
    It's the hope that kills you!
  • Options
    I expect similar stats - and hope for (more than expect) the same result!

• Options
    We all have a blindness to certain players and I accept I may be guilty of that here, but I just don't see how Field improves us. I try to, but can't see it.
  • Options
    Just looked at the odds. Paddy Power has us 11/1 to win! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all have a blindness to certain players and I accept I may be guilty of that here, but I just don't see how Field improves us. I try to, but can't see it.
    Think I'd rather have Field in a game where we're favourites, he can pass the ball around a lot better than Pratley. Unfortunately we're not favourites very often and tend to need Pratley's approach a lot more. 
  • Options
    Underwear that never rides up, is the pop up ad I’m getting, bring back the ice cool pants ads! :-0
  • Options
    I've done £10 on Brentford/Luton and £10 on Brentford/Barnsley. With my shitty betting record, that should see us at least get a draw and luton/Barnsley draw too 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Talal said:
    Think I'd rather have Field in a game where we're favourites, he can pass the ball around a lot better than Pratley. Unfortunately we're not favourites very often and tend to need Pratley's approach a lot more. 
    His sort of passing doesn't fit in with a team like us. We have difficulty with the gap from defence to midfield and are prone to the press. We are better served getting the ball up field  quickly and passes need to be penetrative. That isn't Field's game for me and passing until we are pressured out of it is normally the result. Of course when up field we need to be better at keeping hold of it and our attack can get isolated too.

Not easy against a team as good as Brentford, but players picked have to potentially provide the solutions to the issues. I know Bowyer is not happy with his fitness, but the ball tends to stick with Williams until he is fouled. That suits us. 

I'd consider playing Aneke up front for this one with Williams and Oztumer sharing duties with a free role behind him as neither seems to be able to last too long. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know whats going on with Williams ?? Has bowyer mentioned anything ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    shine166 said:
    Does anyone know whats going on with Williams ?? Has bowyer mentioned anything ? 
    Yeah basically said the lockdown wasn't good to him and he's behind others fitness wise. 
    Still think a half fit Williams would be better than McGeady. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Bowyer has said something along the lines of he hasn't been training as well as McGeady basically.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Apparently he wasn't as fit upon the return as LB would have liked.
  • Options
    I back Bowyer all the way, but don't freeze out your best players because they are not as fit as you would like. Brentford have a player who played for us and was frozen out for a similar reason. Williams is going to be key to our survival.
  • Options
    We do seem to do well when our opponents have a lot of the ball.