Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton Athletic | Tues 7 July | KO: 18.00pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We're a counter-attacking side. That gives us a punchers chance.
    Corrected that
  • Options
    Reading a preview of the game and I saw a stat that I had not previously seen. Apparently our 95 yellow cards are the most of any club on the Championship.
  • Options
    Reading a preview of the game and I saw a stat that I had not previously seen. Apparently our 95 yellow cards are the most of any club on the Championship.
    I wonder how many have been given against those playing against us... Suspect lower than 95
  • Options
    Correct. We've got 9 more than the next side Barnsley.

We are however one of only 2 sides (Luton are the other) without a red card.

Brentford have the lowest amount of yellows. Only 46. Which is quite amazing for 41 league games.
  • Options
    I think we are the 9th highest for fouls against.

I am sure there is some correlation.
  • Options
    Just realised I haven't picked a side for tomorrow. I think McGeady will start on the bench and we'll go with one of the following formations:

Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Oshilaja
    Pratley
    Cullen | Morgan
    Williams
    Aneke | Hemed

or 

Aneke | Bonne
    Williams | Cullen | Pratley | Morgan
    Oshilaja | Pearce | Lockyer | Matthews
    Phillips

• Options
    would take a 0-0 now all day 
    as others have said one of them crazy games we could somehow nick it 
    but a thrashing would not be surprising with their BMW
    if that happens just hope that it’s kept down to not affect our goal difference would could end up being an extra point 
    my team I would like is

Phillips
            Lockyer Pearce Sarr 
    Matthews                       Doughty
              Cullen Williams Field
                     Aneke 
                              Green

playing then on the counter with pace and hoping to nick a goal

think bowyer will be wanting to ensure certain players are 100 for reading a huge game and winnable one so therefore I predict a very defence rotated team of 

Phillips 

Lockyer Pearce Sarr 
    lapslie                                    Purrington
                 Cullen JFC  Field
                       McGeady
                         Hemed

• Options
    4-0 Brentford
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    FULLERpromise said:

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr 
    Matthews                       Doughty
    Cullen Williams Field
    Aneke
    Green

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie                            Purrington
    Cullen Forster Caskey Field
    McGeady
    Hemed                   
    Not sure I agree with those teams, too large a gap in behind midfield and again sacrificing the best creative passer of the ball we have at current. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The head says we lose by a lot. The heart says we lose by quite a few. 1-0 to The Reds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct. We've got 9 more than the next side Barnsley.

We are however one of only 2 sides (Luton are the other) without a red card.

Brentford have the lowest amount of yellows. Only 46. Which is quite amazing for 41 league games.

Our only red card is LB!
  • Options
    Knowing us we'll sneak a 0-1 - we are 9-1 to win.
  • Options
    I expect a straightforward, uneventful, 6-0 away win. 
  • Options
    Brentford have the BMW

Charlton have the Range Rover
    Your wasted here.... Brilliant! 
  • Options
    Expecting nothing from this one but hope we can at least put in a proper battling performance. Charlton do have a way of surprising us like this.

Would basically go with your team sage but I would have Pratley in for Pearce and just tell him to follow Watkins wherever he goes. That way we still have a back 4 to deal with their other threats. Have a feeling we may see more changes than that though as Bow will prioritise Saturday over this.

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    Can’t see past us getting spanked. I would however sit hemed and bonne down and play clips of all the goals they’ve scored over the years, just to try and raise their confidence and inspire them a little. They can both score, LB has stated the bonne is a natural, I believe he’s over thinking things at the moment and just needs a re set. Reminding him of his strengths may just help the lad rediscover his potency. 
    However I see the Bees winning comfortably, and I hope is doesn’t effect them to much for the crucial 3 games after this one. 
    This. Bonne would have buried that chance against Millwall when he was on form earlier in the season. Hes a finisher that's his bread and butter, it was the other parts of his game that needed work (and improved exceptionally). I reckon its confidence. When he gets one he will get more. 
  • Options
    Cant see us getting anything out of this match. One thing I would like to see still is for Davison to have at least 45mins minimum as our strikers have been toothless and so give the young lad a chance,you never know and if he even gets a half decent shot on target that's a whole lot more than what we've seen in the last 4 matches from our other forwards. If he gets one in even if we still loose then at least we might have somebody who might put the ball in the net for the final 4 games. Come on LB give the lad some minutes.
  • Options
    Non event, we will lose. the reading game will define our season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine sneaking out of their old ground with a massive 3 points that would probably just about keep us up. That is the prize that could be ours. It is not Liverpool or Man City we face but it is Brentford. They have been consistent beyond belief but even they could have an off day. Not tomorrow though. 3-0 Brentford.
  • Options
    I suspect a very similar team as the one that played Cardiff as rotate to keep things fresh, and hopefully injury free.
    I would go 4-5-1, but Bows does like two up front so 3-5-2.
  • Options
    No idea how we beat them at home, they absolutely battered us, those 3 points could be crucial come end of season
  • Options
    £500 for me if we win 0-1
  • Options
    A free hit imo to come home with no injuries and anything will be a bonus 
  • Options
    Brentford have the BMW

Charlton have the Range Rover
    At the risk of being a pedant surely it is ‘had‘. Great post anyway.
  • Options
    Football is ridiculous. More than anything we need one of our strikers to score and prove that they can, but instead we will win 1-0 with a scrappy set piece goal from Lockyer. Or Purrington.
  • Options
    The form Brentford are in, and us having only scored 2 goals since we’ve been back, I can only see us getting a tonking.
    They ripped us to bits at the Valley and we will need to be every bit as tough at the back tonight as we were at the Valley.
    Heroic defending mixed with a huge slice of luck.
    I’ll still stream it, but a point could be like a win come the end of the season.
    Realistically I see a 3-1 defeat 
  • Options
    Knowing us we'll sneak a 0-1 - we are 9-1 to win.
    11-1 on William Hill 
  • Options
    Can't see past a loss, but knowing us we will somehow get a point and then lose to reading.