Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton Athletic | Tues 7 July | KO: 18.00pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Park the bus & who knows?
  • Options
    Not confident here, think it will be a 3 or 4 nil Brentford. 
  • Options
    Anything we get at Brentford will be a bonus, the 3 games after that will decide our fate. 2-0 Brentford.
  • Options
    nil nil.
  • Options
    Sadly 3-0 and the pressure and tension mounts.... 
  • Options
    I'd take losing 2-0 right now, we need to protect the goal difference... 
  • Options
    It's a funny old game.........

0-1 and we can start planning on staying in this division for another season. 
  • Options
    0-0 all day long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brentford’s goal difference is insane, plus 40, however they are beatable and have lost one game more than Millwall who are 6 places below them.

Anything out of this one is a bonus, Lee needs a game plan followed out to the letter of the law if we’re going to get anything out of this, would be lovely if we could pull off a shock result and do the double over the most entertaining team in the division, no pressure lads!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Finally, the big London Derby, not some Scottish team but proper opposition.

Brentford hot favourites so it will be tough but we'll defend our early goal resolutely until they sneak an 88th minute equaliser, which will be Pratley's fauly despite the fact he got subbed off 20 minutes before.

Page returns as a late sub.
  • Options
    Hemed has surely got to break his duck. Mind you, I've been saying that for goodness knows how many games. Think we will need to nick a goal from a set piece.
  • Options
    Finally, the big London Derby, not some Scottish team but proper opposition.

Brentford hot favourites so it will be tough but we'll defend our early goal resolutely until they sneak an 88th minute equaliser, which will be Pratley's fauly despite the fact he got subbed off 20 minutes before.

Page returns as a late sub.
    It was going so well until the last line.
  • Options
    1-0 Brentford. We hold out until the 70th minute.
  • Options
    I would like to see a bit more mobility up front so.................can we replace Hemed with a bag of cement.
  • Options
    0-1 we will be shocked
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lose 7-0

Now we've conceded 1, I think the floodgates will open, hence my 7-0 prediction...

Just kidding. Brentford 1-2 CAFC 

Players need to prove themselves after Millwank and I think this is the game where we'll turn up, put in a dogged defensive display and nick the points against the run of play. Of course we won't do it easily, late second half goal to put us into squeaky bum time. 

• Options
    I feel for Hemed, like Parker last season, he's a workhorse but unlike Parker he's not quite quick enough and isn't teeing up Lyle Taylor, instead it's Macaulay Bonne. 

I do not think Bonne's previous run of goals was a fluke, however he has no pressure of competition now and I think that's affecting him. 

Both Bonne and Hemed needed to work this weekend on getting nice early shots off and making the keep work with belting some shots at goal. 

Brentford are still within touching distance if autos, if we're lucky they will underestimate us. You have to work really hard to underestimate our attack at the moment...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I feel for Hemed, like Parker last season, he's a workhorse but unlike Parker he's not quite quick enough and isn't teeing up Lyle Taylor, instead it's Macaulay Bonne. 

I do not think Bonne's previous run of goals was a fluke, however he has no pressure of competition now and I think that's affecting him. 

Both Bonne and Hemed needed to work this weekend on getting nice early shots off and making the keep work with belting some shots at goal. 

Brentford are still within touching distance if autos, if we're lucky they will underestimate us. You have to work really hard to underestimate our attack at the moment...
    To be fair Bonne has more competition now than in October when he came into the team as Taylor / Hemed / Aneke were all injured so was just him / Leko before Davison started to get involved

Maybe the reverse his issue and he's too worried about being replaced in the team by another Striker so is trying too hard whereas he could relax more previously

Bowyer has mentioned in the past that Macca has to believe in himself more
    Could be right, I'd just try and get them striking on instinct they both appear to be overthinking it. 

Hemed had a couple of instinctive shots on Friday, the header that clipped the post and the back to goal Kermorgant wannabe shot. Both very decent attempts.
  • Options
    Sadly cant see us getting anything out of this, we don't look like scoring from open play and we would ave to rely on a set-piece; Brentford's forwards are pacy and they will take some stopping....a rearguard action required, but they win it 2-0. We move onto the next 3 v's Reading, Brum and Wigan in the hope we can get 9 points from those 3.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    9 points!!! I'd take 5
  • Options
    5-0 Brentford.
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    Let's take an optimistic view... 
    Brentford know they have to win... Lose and WBA win on wednesday the gap is 8 points with 4 to go... Probably no chance of catching and it's the playoffs. Its a bit of pressure which could help us....

Pessimistic view.... we get thumped! 
  • Options
    I think we'll lose, but it will be a tight result rather than anything more damaging

One small advantage we have over Brentford is that we played Friday evening rather than Saturday afternoon, giving us slightly more recovery time. It will be interesting though if Bowyer rotates the team to save players for more winnable matches or plays his strongest side to avoid a damaging defeat
  • Options
    Save Pratley for Reading, which will also mean he can get bookings in the last 4 games with no suspension affecting this season. Lockyer in the same situation but as our best defender he has to play. 
    0-3 defeat with more than half an eye on the Luton v Barnsley game where a draw would make me ecstatic. 
    The annoying thing with Pratley and Lockyer is more often than not the yellow cards are for arguing or silly fouls
  • Options
    If we tried shooting at their goal occasionally we might stand an outside  chance.

1.0 thrashing. Zero attempts on target.  
    It is not shooting at goal, it is getting the ball on target with some welly. Bonne, Hemed and McGeady all had shots against Millwall but I think most of us could have saved them
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Is there any rule which prevents us from naming 11 starting goalkeepers?