Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading | Post-match thread | 11/07/2020

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
Disappointing result today. It's not that we looked as good as we looked at other times during the season, because we didn't. Clearly, we don't have enough up front to be consistently dangerous. But we deserved a bit more luck as key decisions went against us. Thought we were worth at least a point.

Nothing clicked for us today. In the first half, we had some success down the right with Mathews, and then in the second, both Williams and Doughty looked dangerous down the left. 

The disallowed goal ruled offside when it looked clearly on in replays was difficult to stomach. But, two identical fouls in the box, one in the opening minutes resulted in a penalty to Reading, and one in the second that resulted in a card against Forster-Caskey, was a cruel gut punch. 

Something's got to give!

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to the mods for the language, just so angry 
  • Options
    Completely abandoned our shape/ tactics that last 20.

Didn’t deserve to lose but with finishing like that we can’t expect to win either. Think we will be Ok... just. 

• Options
    A lot of effort, but ultimately a combination of poor officiating and poor finishing have done us.

Deserved at least a draw though.

Things were looking good after QPR but 1 point and 1 goal in 4 games have made things very difficult. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lack of luck means relegation fodder. 
  • Options
    Deserved a point, nothing more. Would like to see the offside looking across the line as I feel he was slightly off. Not convinced the Forster Caskey one was a pen but need to see it again. In big trouble now.
  • Options
    Ok I admit the ref was very poor.
    But.
    Concidering we had everything to play for and Reading had nothing to play for we were a joke. 
    We ain't down yet but we must do much much better in our next couple of games. 
    Today's performance was unacceptable concidering what was at stake. 
    Didnt help today that Reading got a penalty so early... They knew they could pack out the defence and it would be a straight forward game for them

Unfortunately for them they didnt quite achieve it to perfection yet the referee rescued them

I'd have been curious to have seen how Reading would have played had we got a timely equaliser
  • Options
    We must be cursed. Not good enough up front but two poor decisions cost us. 

Would have been a pen if it was T*ylor.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Glad we rested players on 55 minutes when 0-1 ahead on Tuesday.

We're bang in trouble. 
    Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.  I would be a billionaire if I had it.
  • Options
    Not surprised at all.

Shot our bolt against Millwall and Brentford to come away with absolutely f*** all.

A steady sink into league one now awaits.

With the shit that's gone on this season, probably about right.
  • Options
    I think the Forster-Caskey one was a pen. As soon as the defender wraps the arms it should be clear cut. 

Aneke one will be tight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Doesn't matter how well you play and what the referees do if you have quadruple the shots of your opponents and double the possession, but the same amount of shots on target, just not good enough
  • Options
    Would genuinely prefer we bring on a defender/midfielder to go up front instead of Hemed. 

He offers NOTHING.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Fine margins. Different set of officials we probably win 2-1. Bonne missed a great chance too. In many ways we looked miles off, but also did enough to win. Apart from the penalty what did Reading do in attack? Chuks very unlucky to have his goal ruled out. JFC was fouled but made his fall look unnatural and convinced the ref (who was the worst we’ve had for a while) it was a dive. 

Looks bleak right now but things can change quickly in football. Two wins still likely to be enough and we have two winnable games. 

Need to find something a bit extra and get the rub of the green in those matches though. 
  • Options
    So stupid to give away a penalty from 2 minutes, we know we don't have many goals in us. Poor team selection again, play Sarr/ start Williams. 
  • Options
    Hope only lies in Hull losing today. If they win, I can't see us getting out of it. Even with Wigan's deduction. Hard to see us winming a game. I'd be surprised if we pick up more than a point 
  • Options
    ‪Need VAR in the Championship. 2 shocking decisions against us, could be the difference between us staying up and going down. Only reason the EFL don’t want it is because it would highlight how shit the officials are. 
  • Options
    We are great at must win games...

Relying on the EFL to do the right thing here OR we are down.
  • Options
    As I said at the end of the match thread

I dont care if the players werent good enough over the ninety minutes, there will always be moments in games when that happens

They did manage to get in the right situations to win two penalties and score a goal so we deserved something from the game

Had that been a performance that hadnt seen a legit goal from us then my opinion would probably be slightly different as we didnt work the Goalkeeper enough but thats not the point

If it is then change the f**king rules first