Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading | Post-match thread | 11/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    Think this is Benjy's own opinion rather than a Bowyer quote but agree with him

If Morgan cant do the basics that Bowyer demands here at Charlton, what other Championship club will want him?
    I don't know who you are Benjy but I think you should shut up! 
    Benjy does a number of articles for the OS
  • Options
    Just to highlight our dominance without scoring:

Charlton XG : 1.67
    Reading XG : 0.45 + 1 pen
    This is the real issue today. Yes the ref and assistant cocked up but not scoring at all from any of the multiple very good chances created is not good enough. I feel like in the past few games it was hard to be harsh on the strikers as we really created very little. We'll the midfield stepped it up today and the strikers offered nothing. I know I know they're not championship level etc etc but regardless of level you can't keep squandering good chances and still call yourself a striker. 
  • Options
    Very poor from Bowyer to dig out Morgan. Not the first time either, what about playing Osh lb? 
  • Options
    Very poor from Bowyer to dig out Morgan. Not the first time either, what about playing Osh lb? 
    I guess if Morgan is tracking that run then Oshilaja doesnt have to make the rugby tackle

Thats one of the jobs of a Left / Right Winger in the sense they cover their Full-Back

Its a shame because I think Morgan would be great at the top of the diamond where he doesnt have to do any defending but we're not currently doing that
  • Options
    Oshi is not a left back... He has the mobility of an oil tanker and is clumsy... Fact. 
  • Options
    I guess if Morgan is tracking that run then Oshilaja doesnt have to make the rugby tackle

Thats one of the jobs of a Left / Right Winger in the sense they cover their Full-Back

Its a shame because I think Morgan would be great at the top of the diamond where he doesnt have to do any defending but we're not currently doing that
    Oshilaja didn't need to make that tackle as there was a covering defender

I like Oshilaja, but there's always a rash moment from him when he makes the wrong decision
  • Options

I like Oshilaja, but there's always a rash moment from him when he makes the wrong decision
    Was there a covering Defender? - I thought the Reading player was clean through on goal with just Phillips to beat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two shots on target. 

Says it all 
  • Options

If Morgan cant do the basics that Bowyer demands here at Charlton, what other Championship club will want him?
    Well to be brutally honest he should know better! 
  • Options
    Fucking bollocks from Bowyer digging out Morgan again. 

You continually drag him yet keep on Bonne who can’t hold up the ball, bring others into play, or finish his chances. And you start him the following game. 

To rub salt in the wounds, it was Bowyers selection that gave away the pen.

Thought LB was better than that.
    Bonne scores last match to be fair. And he has options for Albie, he doesn’t for Bonne. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Why he's not wrong, he's allowed as much of an opinion as me and you as he's using his own twitter account

You dont have to agree with him, but I'm sorry to tell him to shut up is pathetic

End of the day Benjy may know more than us about relationships between Manager and Player

For all we know Morgan may well be sitting in the dressing room thinking that Bowyer was right to make the comments, I'd be impressed if he does as it takes guts to take a public dressing down positively

Of course if he's not taking it in a positive way then its equally understandable as it can be soul destroying, ultimately we just dont know
  • Options

You continually drag him yet keep on Bonne who can’t hold up the ball, bring others into play, or finish his chances. And you start him the following game. 

Bonne scores last match to be fair. And he has options for Albie, he doesn’t for Bonne. 
    He also has options for a decent left back.....
  • Options
    Oshilaja must have dirt on bowyer - he’s a fucking clown 
  • Options
    Simply not good enough. If Bonne and Aneke are our “goal threats” to keep us up then we might as well throw the towel in now. Oshilaja at LB is laughable. 

Ref didn’t help us today, but let’s be honest, we are power puff. 
    I’d agree with this. All a bit spineless for me. 
    Didn’t like the line up one bit
  • Options

Doughty needed to recover from entering the red zone against Brentford on Tuesday so not surprised he didnt start... I'd be surprised if he doesnt against Birmingham

Purrington on the other hand you have to question if he's not doing enough in training to impress
  • Options
    Ref and his officials were a complete disgrace. Should have been 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was there a covering Defender? - I thought the Reading player was clean through on goal with just Phillips to beat
    One of the centre backs was covering. If it had been a goal scoring opportunity, Oshilaja would have been booked (at least)
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    Bowyer has lost it. Once you start naming mistakes by players.  We are done.
    He's always naming players!!
    Which is a big fcuking no no.  Especially for a young pro. 
    Why? - He called Bonne out after Millwall who then scored against Brentford
    Don't see the top managers doing that. I am a fan of LB but pressure and stress makes you say things you might regret. I should know.
    I don't like that either. Bonne isn't deliberately missing chances, he may be out of form, lacking confidence or not good enough, but calling him out hardly helps
  • Options
    Sh** officials, toothless attack; watch the Spanners roll over at Hull and Stoke win tomorrow. 

How referees can get away with being that poor at this level I don't know. Not fit for non-league. 
  • Options

Why he's not wrong, he's allowed as much of an opinion as me and you as he's using his own twitter account

You dont have to agree with him, but I'm sorry to tell him to shut up is pathetic

End of the day Benjy may know more than us about relationships between Manager and Player

For all we know Morgan may well be sitting in the dressing room thinking that Bowyer was right to make the comments, I'd be impressed if he does as it takes guts to take a public dressing down positively

Of course if he's not taking it in a positive way then its equally understandable as it can be soul destroying, ultimately we just dont know

Well I'm angry and I'm allowed an opinion and I gave it. 
  • Options

So your allowed one but he isnt? 
  • Options
    Can't fault the boys for effort but we have no goal threat. Keeper didn't make a save 2nd half. Doughty did well but we created very little.
  • Options

So your allowed one but he isnt? 
    Leave it will you! 
  • Options

Doughty needed to recover from entering the red zone against Brentford on Tuesday so not surprised he didnt start... I'd be surprised if he doesnt against Birmingham

Purrington on the other hand you have to question if he's not doing enough in training to impress
    Enough to impress? Oshilaja has largely been shit, Purrington couldn't have done much worse.