Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading | Post-match thread | 11/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    Gutted.

Albie did not follow the runner, not sure what else Oshi could have done (and I am not a fan of him at LB).

I am a fan of Pratley but today he slowed up play and made us to negative (without doing anything wrong).

Apart from the two ref mistakes we never looked like scoring, our forwards are poor at this level but midfielders also don't shoot despite running into the box with it (Williams, Cullen and defender Matthews come to mind).

I thought McGeady had an excellent first half and he can shoot (well relative to all).

I am starting to wonder if we should play with a false no. 9 like Spain! 

We will not go down through lack of effort though or through Bowyer. We all know where the blame lies.
  • Options
    Another game we'd have won with Taylor. 

Unforgivable miss from Bonne. You pay peanuts etc. 

I got lambasted early in the season, but unless others implode I think that's us down. Poor Bowyer selections today. Fuming. 
    You pay peanuts!!
    Chuks is on more £££ than lyle was??
  • Options
    We were the better side but are toothless up front. Shouldn't have lost but with Bonne and Aneke up front we have little chance.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2020
    Its gutting when the referreing decisions go against. The decisions will even out. Even with a weakened attack without Lyle 'self preservation society' Taylor, Charlton are creating chances. On another day its a point or maybe 3. A team makes it own luck and if Charlton keep on working hard like they are doing, there is still a chance that Charlton can stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't deserve to lose . Not sure what we did to piss the officials off . Birmingham is the now the biggest game of the season .
  • Options
    vff said:
    Its gutting when the referreing decisions go against. The decisions will even out. Even with a weakened attack without Lyle 'self preservation society' Taylor, Charlton are creating chances. On another day its a point or maybe 3. A team makes it own luck and if Charlton keep on working hard like they are doing, there is still a chance that Charlton can stay up.
    We're surely going to need a monumental amount of decisions to go for us in these last three games after this game and the Brentford one
  • Options
    don't know why people are wanting Williams to start, he did nothing constructive today, he ran sideways, he lost the ball about the only good thing he did was win some free kicks  which we did not take an advantage.
    I feel sorry for Bonne he came to Charlton to learn he should not be our main striker he just is not good enough yet.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2020
    vff said:
    We're surely going to need a monumental amount of decisions to go for us in these last three games after this game and the Brentford one
    Charlton only need a couple of key decisions to go to us in a close game and its 3 points. Some games the luck is against. Charlton are pushing up hill with a weakened forward line, but if the goal given offside is given, there is a chance of at least a point in this game.  Keeping the faith and strong hearts are needed. If the players continue to work hard then there's a good chance for 4 points in the remaining 3 games & that may be enough to keep us up.
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:
    Charlton only need a couple of key decisions to go to us in a close game and its 3 points. Some games the luck is against. Charlton are pushing up hill with a weakened forward line, but if the goal given offside is given, there is a chance of at least a point in this game.  Keeping the faith and strong hearts are needed. If the players continue to work hard then there's a good chance for 4 points in the remaining 3 games & that may be enough to keep us up.
    Part of me doesnt even think four points are needed now

Getting less and less surprised if we all go to the final day of the season with every club (Barnsley maybe not so much) mathematically able to go down should a miracle happen etc.
  • Options
    Sorry it wasn’t good enough. Reading basically played at 75% , they never chased balls, gave us more room than side has this season, were laughing and joking. They were so laid back they were horizontal , An fuck me, we still lost........  BUGGER.
  • Options
    Referee was crap,but they are not alone,just watching a tackle by a wigan player that could have killed someone,just a yellow,then a Hull player already on a yellow,totally wipes out a millwall player,just a talking to,something has to be done about this.For our disallowed penalty,the lino was right next to it,and ref 10 yds away,officials are actually getting worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull and Boro both losing.....about 15 mins to go!
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Oi Bowyer don't blame Albie. It was your choice of LB that fcuked up. Totally out of order
    Bowyer has form for it. Threw Bonne under the bus after Millwall  now Morgan. 

Perhaps he should start looking at himself & his decisions. Stop playing Oshilaja at left back for a start.
  • Options
    Stop playing Oshilaga and Bonne  full stop.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Heard on Sky just now that in 20 games that we've gone behind we haven't then scored.

Shocking. 
  • Options
    How bad / fit is Ben Purrington if Deji keeps playing out of position?
  • Options
    Team for Wednesday should be the one that started against Brentford & subs made only after 70 mins or if injured.

If players cant play 3 games in a week then there is something very wrong. The Forest team that won the European Cup & went 42 league games unbeaten played over 60 games that season. Only 1 sub allowed in those days & the pitches were heavy & devoid of grass during winter. 
  • Options
    I’ve got the right hump after watching that game, how on earth do we come back from this?
  • Options
    I’ve got the right hump after watching that game, how on earth do we come back from this?
    Luckily for us Hull lost too so it's as we were in terms of the bottom 3.

We need something at Birmingham though preferably a win.