Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading | Post-match thread | 11/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    kentred2 said:

No caption needed...! 😠
    A goal yes but our only effort on target. 
    There was also a Bonne Header on target
    Aneke’s one that was blocked at the far post too.
  • Options
    I think our manager has done all he can with probably the weakest squad since the 70s.Lee do A Taylor and follow you dream,Bring Jason Euell back to manage what will a big job in the 1st Div.Perhaps renewing my season ticket was a bit previous.
  • Options
    Just to highlight our dominance without scoring:

Charlton XG : 1.67
    Reading XG : 0.45 + 1 pen
  • Options
    Nathan is right what he says here though about Morgan!!
  • Options
    This is heartbreaking, when I think of the players we have lost,
    Bielik, Bauer, Aribo and Dijksteel, last season, Gallagher and Taylor (his choice) this season.
    How we could do with them now. It's miracle needed time, perhaps Sarr, Davison and Field to start against Brum.
    Please sorry but no more Oshilaja at LB!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    There was no lack of application or effort and we looked "tidy" in places. 

But our problem is still the same. We have a lack of quality up front and can't fashion or finish enough chances to win games at this level.

But then we have a League One squad and a League One budget, so it's not really a surprise.
    Bang on 110%. We have to take the rose tinteds off..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WTF was wrong with 'level is onside'?
  • Options
    Our forwards cant score, they need the chances and our leading assist makers are:

Williams 5
    Sarr        4
    Doughty 3

All starting on the bench. They haven't really got much hope before kick off tbh.
  • Options
    Desperately disappointing, but it's not over yet. Obviously we could do with some help from the games this afternoon but if we can get 4 points out of the Birmingham & Wigan games we still have a decent change, if not we may need to win at Leeds which is very unlikely. Easy to blame Bowyer, but when your best striker won't play, and the other 2 aren't good enough the options are very limited.
  • Options
    Bowyer has lost it. Once you start naming mistakes by players.  We are done.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    He's always naming players!!
  • Options
    If there is one thing I have learned over the years it's that you don't get the breaks when you are down the bottom.
    Not convinced ours was a pen and hard to tell on Chuk's offside call, but it's pointless whining about the decisions, we simply aren't potent enough up front and it stank of 0-1 as soon as we went behind.
    In fairness we played some good stuff at times, but we could have played 2 days additional time and not scored

• Options
    edited July 2020
    ct_addick said:
    Which is a big fcuking no no.  Especially for a young pro. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    Why? - He called Bonne out after Millwall who then scored against Brentford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer plays Morgan out of position. Wherever he plays next, he'll be playing further forward and more central. 
  • Options
    LB I love you man....But blaming Albie in public at his age is simply wrong....You got it wrong playing Oshi at left back... Id prefer your honesty over that please!

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Think this is Benjy's own opinion rather than a Bowyer quote but agree with him

If Morgan cant do the basics that Bowyer demands here at Charlton, what other Championship club will want him?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    *Morgan
  • Options
    Bowyers right that we had some good crosses in first half, i could even see what mcgeady brings to the side but who was ever going to win the headers? Bonne is much better running in behind and chuks aint a natural striker. Fuck lyle taylor
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Agree with whoever said we should try and focus our frustration at non-footballing elements at the club (including the non-footballing footballers), but for me, the subs in the last two games have been terrible.
    Tuesday was too defensive too soon. Today's just had us lumping it for the last 15 when up to then we'd looked at our most dangerous! What's the logic?? "We look quite dangerous, I'll change it". I know players were tired but like for like...

Lockyer was hoofing it and Williams was trying to win headers to flick on to Aneke!!!

As a former ref, I always usually defend refs, but that was indefensible.
    agreed cloudworm, didnt agree with the subs for second game running. 
  • Options
    Referee a twat, Taylor a twat....we've been twatted.
  • Options
    Think this is Benjy's own opinion rather than a Bowyer quote but agree with him

If Morgan cant do the basics that Bowyer demands here at Charlton, what other Championship club will want him?
    I don't know who you are Benjy but I think you should shut up! 
  • Options
    I actually thought we played pretty well. But, we didn't get any breaks at all. And, that very early penalty was a killer. Oshilaja - what were you doing?!
    The officials were appalling today. Not much else to say really. 3 more points and I think that will do it. But, will we get them? We should have got more from today.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    Why? - He called Bonne out after Millwall who then scored against Brentford
    Don't see the top managers doing that. I am a fan of LB but pressure and stress makes you say things you might regret. I should know.