Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic | Wed 15 July | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can’t see us winning this. Think we’re done for this season ... just my gut feeling. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I would have preferred to have seen all four keepers in separate goals with all of our outfield players practising their shooting. 

I don’t recall many if any shots from outside the box since or before the restart. 

All three goals we have scored since the restart have been headers. We need to shoot to score! 
  • Options
    Or attack vs defence.

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Matthews Pratley Purrington
    vs 
    Bonne Aneke
    Doughty Field Cullen Morgan
    Amos
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think we'd be best lining up in the old 4-1-2-1-2 formation (4-4-2 Diamond) that we started the season with. 

The back 4 should be comfortable enough. 

Pratley in front of them adds some steel. 

Field and Cullen provide work rate through the middle. Morgan is dropped because Bow doesn't know how to utilise him best.

Williams in the free role behind the forwards as chief play maker. 

Aneke and Bonne the front pair. Yep we lose width, but with Matthews and Doughty we should have the pace that they can support attacks as needed, whilst Pratley can drop into a CB 3 when this happens.  

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Doughty
    Pratley
    Cullen Field
    Williams 
    Aneke Bonne

• Options
    Sage said:
    even though Birmingham are quite possibly the most shittest side i have seen since lockdown i still think we will struggle to score against them. be hopeful for a draw. 
    In Brum's last 5 home games, Sheff Weds, Reading, Hull, Huddersfield and Swansea all went there and scored 3 goals.

If we struggle to score then we probably deserve to go down.
    Exactly why I think people are being too pessimistic about this game. Okay, we struggle to score and have lost 3 on the spin when a couple of points might even have been enough to think one more win and we're safe.

But, we are going to score more than one in a game sometime and by going to Birmingham and attacking a side who are conceding so many goals at the moment, we have a good chance of getting that win.

We just have to be positive in our approach. 

Hundred percent agree. Even though Pearce has been our best player is it worth switching to Naby at CB. Got to find away of creating  more chances. Probably the best passer of the football which we have in the team.
  • Options
    10 shots on target in 6 games!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also the venue where Lookman got his first professional goal
  • Options
    There are other people on here that will enjoy looking at it.............."You can please some of the people etc, etc"
  • Options
    With managers saying how hard the turnaround time is, we do get an extra day over them. We need to make everything pay. I do think that Bowyer will be aware that whilst the game isn't the be all and end all, it is our most likely win, so I'm sure he will set up to that end. 
  • Options
    The club did this last week for the Reading game.....

"Look at all the goals we've score at home against these numpties....." 

And then not only did we lose we didnt even score once.

Same goes this week. Best the comms team lay off the previous & historic matches from yesteryear as they don't mean a fecking thing right now.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Got to love this freekick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vadGNpGYacU

Let's hope Brum's keeper makes a mistake like this one tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Show Aneke the Carlo goal.............if you want to win the raffle you have to buy a ticket.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ross1 said:
    These posts worked so well for Reading.

There's my first Charlton shirt btw.
  • Options
    if we don't stay in the championship we don't have a future.  young raw talent like doughty and morgan will be picked off. this game is a must win and a draw won't do unless hull lose again.
  • Options
    Eurgh in agreement with Golfie....

I'm out of here. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    if we don't stay in the championship we don't have a future.  young raw talent like doughty and morgan will be picked off. this game is a must win and a draw won't do unless hull lose again.
    Disagree especially if PV&AB are still interested.
  • Options
    Surprised we haven't dreamed up an Operation Zoom call for Wednesday night, silly t-shirts, perhaps baloons and novelty clacker(?), mask any old tatt.

This is something that is inherently shit about this football club.

I suggest we just...

PULL YER FUCKING FINGERS OUT

GET FUCKING STUCK IN AND GO FOR THEIR NACKERS!
  • Options
    Birmingham will be right up for it this game. I’ve just watched their captains post-match interview and he’s absolutely fuming. He slated the entire dressing room saying they need to win against Charlton or they’re probably relegated. 

He mentioned they need to stop trying to play football and need to start lumping it up to Jutkiewicz - that’ll be music to Pearce’s ears. 

If we get an early goal I can see them completely capitulating, but the longer the game goes on I fancy their extra quality up front and in midfield to show. 

1-1
  • Options
    I'd rather they carry on as they are.