Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic | Wed 15 July | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Bonne to answer LB's criticism by scoring the opener, running over to the bench and giving the manager two fingers before going on to nab a hat-trick.
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Bonne to answer LB's criticism by scoring the opener, running over to the bench and giving the manager two fingers before going on to nab a hat-trick.
    Bet even Bowyer would love that as he'd know his mentioning of Bonne in the press had worked
  • Options
    How do we hope to win if we keep so called strikers  in the team who will miss a chance when its easier to score. I think the coach driver could do better.
    I'm sorry, never thought I would ever have to write this.
    Still hope we win. UP THE REDS.

• Options
    must win this. we cant be replaced by bloody Wycombe!

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Sadly I can’t see where our goals are coming from 
    Pratley, Pearce and Bonne all to get 1 more goal each as we finish on 55 points
    Hopefully Aneke will go into tonight with a bit of confidence having found the net against Reading

Just dont expect him to start of course due to the lack of full games he's played this season
    did he? Must have missed that one ...
  • Options
    Not having a very productive day, not been this nervous about a game for a long time

Indeed possibly more nervous than before the play off final last year, as I was more confident about that side winning
    me neither, trying to keep my mind off it by looking at houses in Cornwall ..
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Hopefully Aneke will go into tonight with a bit of confidence having found the net against Reading

Just dont expect him to start of course due to the lack of full games he's played this season
    Yeah, the effort that the linesman incorrectly ruled offside

Aneke should be thinking he did all he could that game to get on the scoresheet and was robbed by a poor official
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:

Aneke should be thinking he did all he could that game to get on the scoresheet and was robbed by a poor official
    well as you keep saying we should look forward and not back and whatever the circumstances that wasn't a goal so he didn't find the net.
  • Options
    Will miss first half hour because I'm busy. Not sure if that's good or not. Don't have a good feeling about this, but as my position in the prediction league shows, I might not know much anyway  :/
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:

well as you keep saying we should look forward and not back and whatever the circumstances that wasn't a goal so he didn't find the net.
    Yes... Ignore the negatives - For the players they'll do nothing but create doubt

Seriously what is so wrong with trying to find a positive situation from something?
  • Options
    I would go with the same team that started at Brentford, we played well until the subs were made  . Birmingham are not  as good as Brentford and on a poor run . St Andrew's has been a good ground for us recently so I expect us to get at least a point .
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I would go with the same team that started at Brentford, we played well until the subs were made  . Birmingham are not  as good as Brentford and on a poor run . St Andrew's has been a good ground for us recently so I expect us to get at least a point .
    With the exception of having two Strikers on the pitch rather than just the one

Against Brentford we went with Bonne up top on his own and Williams just behind him

Dont want to see Cullen | Field AND Forster-Caskey tonight starting that is
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    With the exception of having two Strikers on the pitch rather than just the one

Against Brentford we went with Bonne up top on his own and Williams just behind him

Dont want to see Cullen | Field AND Forster-Caskey tonight
    Best not to watch then  :)
  • Options
    Leggie said:
    How do we hope to win if we keep so called strikers  in the team who will miss a chance when its easier to score. I think the coach driver could do better.
    I'm sorry, never thought I would ever have to write this.
    Still hope we win. UP THE REDS.

As we don't have Ings, Kane and Aguero in reserve, we don't have much choice but to keep faith in the strikers we DO have.
  • Options
    I haven't drunk in a while. But something tells me I'm going to need a few to get through this game. 

Already feeling my heart rate slowly creeping up...
  • Options
    Our strikers are a bit shit lads but we have zero goal threat from midfield that is what i see as the biggest problem. You have to have midfielders who score or have the potential of scoring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not having a very productive day, not been this nervous about a game for a long time

Indeed possibly more nervous than before the play off final last year, as I was more confident about that side winning
    me neither, trying to keep my mind off it by looking at houses in Cornwall ..
    You and half the country by the sound of it. Read articles saying houses down there being sold within 24 hours of being advertised at well over asking price.

• Options
    On current form  Birmingham are an absolute shambles. 
    Armed with the knowledge that beating them tonight almost certainly keeps us up we simply have to win.
    If we fail to win tonight and end up getting relegated we will have no one to blame but ourselves. 

Just win the bloody game. 
    Exactly. It's almost like a play off final.
    This is a real Scooby Doo match.
  • Options
    To think we used to play football like that
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Our strikers are a bit shit lads but we have zero goal threat from midfield that is what i see as the biggest problem. You have to have midfielders who score or have the potential of scoring.
    I guess that’s why you have to make your chances count. Taylor managed it, unfortunately we don’t have another striker in that bracket.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    cs1986 said:
    And creativity. Cullen, Pratley and Field are all good engine room players, but aren't going to create chances for the strikers in open play
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Of which I'd say McGeady is our sole Midfielder who could go to shoot from distance that wont leave me thinking its a wasted effort

Hence why I'm not bothered if we dont shoot enough from outside the box as more often than not we're just giving the ball straight back to the opposition and we're wasting the good work we've got ourselves in
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:

Very well timed run and tap in far post, incorrectly ruled out as offside. 
  • Options
    Getting stressed. Disturbed sleep
    last night also