Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic | Wed 15 July | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Sadly I can’t see where our goals are coming from 
    Pratley, Pearce and Bonne all to get 1 more goal each as we finish on 55 points
    Hopefully Aneke will go into tonight with a bit of confidence having found the net against Reading

Just dont expect him to start of course due to the lack of full games he's played this season
    did he? Must have missed that one ...
    Yeah, the effort that the linesman incorrectly ruled offside

Aneke should be thinking he did all he could that game to get on the scoresheet and was robbed by a poor official
    well as you keep saying we should look forward and not back and whatever the circumstances that wasn't a goal so he didn't find the net.
    Yes... Ignore the negatives - For the players they'll do nothing but create doubt

Seriously what is so wrong with trying to find a positive situation from something?
    absolutely nothing and I admire your optimism but I nearly spat my tea out when you said we should have been 3-0 up at Brentford ...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Sadly I can’t see where our goals are coming from 
    Pratley, Pearce and Bonne all to get 1 more goal each as we finish on 55 points
    Hopefully Aneke will go into tonight with a bit of confidence having found the net against Reading

Just dont expect him to start of course due to the lack of full games he's played this season
    did he? Must have missed that one ...
    Yeah, the effort that the linesman incorrectly ruled offside

Aneke should be thinking he did all he could that game to get on the scoresheet and was robbed by a poor official
    well as you keep saying we should look forward and not back and whatever the circumstances that wasn't a goal so he didn't find the net.
    Yes... Ignore the negatives - For the players they'll do nothing but create doubt

Seriously what is so wrong with trying to find a positive situation from something?
    absolutely nothing and I admire your optimism but I nearly spat my tea out when you said we should have been 3-0 up at Brentford ...
    We hit the bar (twice in quick succession) and then Bonne's effort went agonisingly the wrong side of the post just after HT - Felt at the time they were the three best efforts in the game for either team and on another day could have snuck in

Brentford up until that point had been reduced to long range shots that werent getting on target - their first real effort wasnt long before the penalty when Dasilva (I think it was) squirmed his way through and crossed just in front of Phillips, thankfully no one got on the end of it

Not saying that we dominated any of that game but we certainly caused enough of a threat that could easily have put the game beyond the opposition on another day.

To be honest thats not me seeing the game in an overly optimistic manner either
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    To think we used to play football like that

Anyone who saw the first half at the Valley  against Forest will know we were very close to having a very good football team. But unfortunately, Taylor, Gallagher and Leko, are just a part of our History now and after the comedy, tragedy, that has played out before our eyes in recent times, we are left with mainly youngsters and journeymen.

If we lose on St Swithin's day you know what happens ?

We will lose for another 40 days and 40 nights !

Claus Jensen, Peter Shirtliff; who will join these past heroes and leave their mark on St Andrew's ?

Let's be having you.

• Options
    Birmingham 0-5 Charlton 

Roberts og 
    Pratley
    Hemed x3
  • Options
    Ever the eternal optimist: If they score, we are fucked.
  • Options
    Didnt realise there was a trophy up for grabs tonight
  • Options
    COME ON BOYS !! take the game to them, none of this playing safe and hanging on to try and nick a goal, just for once go for it, if they score 1 we score 2, if they score 2 we score 3, I would rather go down fighting than be negative
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Anyone who saw the first half at the Valley  against Forest will know we were very close to having a very good football team. But unfortunately, Taylor, Gallagher and Leko, are just a part of our History now and after the comedy, tragedy, that has played out before our eyes in recent times, we are left with mainly youngsters and journeymen.

Claus Jensen, Peter Shirtliff; who will join these past heroes and leave their mark on St Andrew's ?

Let's be having you.

I could see Leko returning
  • Options
    if we don't win this, we are going down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Our strikers are a bit shit lads but we have zero goal threat from midfield that is what i see as the biggest problem. You have to have midfielders who score or have the potential of scoring.
    I guess that’s why you have to make your chances count. Taylor managed it, unfortunately we don’t have another striker in that bracket.
    Yeah exactly. It's also harder for our strikers as the defenders arent as worried about our midfielders shooting or getting into goal scoring positions in my view.
  • Options
    I just hope to god Bowyer picks an attacking lineup.

I'd better not see 451 with Oshilaja at left back!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Our strikers are a bit shit lads but we have zero goal threat from midfield that is what i see as the biggest problem. You have to have midfielders who score or have the potential of scoring.
    And creativity. Cullen, Pratley and Field are all good engine room players, but aren't going to create chances for the strikers in open play
    I agree mostly but post return i think we have created a fair amount of chances but our strikers are not finishing or midfielders not wanting to shoot.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Of which I'd say McGeady is our sole Midfielder who could go to shoot from distance that wont leave me thinking its a wasted effort

Hence why I'm not bothered if we dont shoot enough from outside the box as more often than not we're just giving the ball straight back to the opposition and we're wasting the good work we've got ourselves in
    I would have McGeady start behind the front two. He hasnt looked amazing but can shoot and is a goal threat. Morgan too could become a goal threat i believe.
  • Options
    Had to go play golf to calm down 
  • Options
    Didnt realise there was a trophy up for grabs tonight
    Trillions of the buggers!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    And creativity. Cullen, Pratley and Field are all good engine room players, but aren't going to create chances for the strikers in open play
    I agree mostly but post return i think we have created a fair amount of chances but our strikers are not finishing or midfielders not wanting to shoot.
    http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Joint lowest number of shots this season in the division.

And because our strikers get so few opportunities, you remember the misses. Bonne gets one clear cut chance and misses - it's his fault. Striker at another club gets 5 clear cut chances and puts away 1 for a 1-0 victory, he's a hero.
  • Options
    Good sign. I was optimistic v. Millwall, v. Reading and even at Brentford. Today, I feel pessimistic.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Joint lowest number of shots this season in the division.

And because our strikers get so few opportunities, you remember the misses. Bonne gets one clear cut chance and misses - it's his fault. Striker at another club gets 5 clear cut chances and puts away 1 for a 1-0 victory, he's a hero.
    Great point mate. I was just going off a feeling post return that se had created a bit more. Still poor tbh. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    442 with Doughty at LB, Williams on the left and McGeady on the right I assume
  • Options
    Phillips, Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Doughty, Cullen, Field, Williams, McGeady, Bonne, Hemed
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

Let's be having you.

I could see Leko returning
    Depends on lots of things. 
    Who owns us
    What are we willing to pay him.
    What division we are in
  • Options
    So what are people unhappy about with this team then?
  • Options
    Really like the look of that team. Very very pleased to see Field and Williams start. Hope they can make it to the end!
  • Options
    So what are people unhappy about with this team then?
    Not playing one of our biggest goal-threats ;_;
  • Options
    Got enough experience on the bench too so any changes should be positive you'd hope
  • Options
    Good - much more attacking and better balanced 
  • Options
    Well fcuk me sideways, that is actually a very welcome attacking looking side. I have been bricking it all afternoon, but that has somehow given me a bit of optimism. Hopefully not a false dawn and they make the most of their chances to shine.