Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic | Wed 15 July | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    A bit reminiscent of the Sheff Wed away game for me. Coming up against a fairly poor team woefully short of confidence and almost waiting for something to go wrong. But Wednesday gradually realised we weren't offering anything and grew in confidence as the game went on, eventually grabbing the win they deserved. 

If we go for the jugular from the off I think we might look good and a goal could really cause them to lose belief. If they score first or we sit back and allow them to grow into the game I really fear for us as our confidence is also fragile. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I agree. It was a massive error as they were there for the taking at the time. We simply have to offer much more tomorrow. Three points puts us in a very strong position to avoid the drop.
  • Options
    Dreading this and dreading another defeat. You have to go back a long time for us picking up less than 3 points in our last 3 games in the Championship. 1999/00 if I am right? There is hope. We have played well and lost 3 so chances are we will play badly and lose number 4. Birmingham to win 2-0.
  • Options
    I am confident that three points tomorrow will keep us up even if we lose the last two having seen the remaining games. I fear for us if we don't get them tomorrow though.
  • Options
    I often joke about Naby Sarr up front, but it might genuinely be getting about time for it tbh
  • Options
    If Boro don't win today and Huddersfield fail to win at Wednesday a win tomorrow would put 7 teams behind us with 2 games to go. 8 if Stoke lose at Bristol City. We only need to finish above three of them.  
  • Options
    Scrap that, Boro have scored!
  • Options
    Bit like Saturday we've got another referee who has already given a penalty against us this season...
  • Options
    Birmingham will be low on confidence. If we go down, we should go down fighting. Let's try to win 3-0 and see where that gets us.
  • Options
    Birmingham will be low on confidence. If we go down, we should go down fighting. Let's try to win 3-0 and see where that gets us.
    I almost prefer the position we're in... Bowyer plays it too safe when we're in the position of strength

Bit like the Hull game again we've got no choice but to throw the kitchen sink at Birmingham and think that'll aid us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All eyes on Bowyer and the lads tomorrow big trouble if we lose.
  • Options
    IF we can get anything at Brum it gives us a chance of surviving - while also hoping that Wigan have scored all their goals tonight (Blimey Hull must be shit).
    Failing that, it’s all over for us 😡
  • Options
    Somehow we need to match our colleagues around us, we have a far superior goal difference, if we can do that, we might just survive 

However, lose tomorrow, and we are down. Wigan are unstoppable 
  • Options
    All eyes on Bowyer and the lads tomorrow big trouble if we lose.
    Big trouble if we draw 
  • Options
    4 points from the next 2 minimum.
  • Options
    Agreed, but if we only draw tomorrow, I really wouldn't rate our chances of beating Wigan, so tomorrow has to be 3 points
  • Options
    Get that, and no matter what happens with the rest, we will be safe. 
  • Options
    If we get 3 points tomorrow a draw between Hull and Luton and we effectively stay up irrespective of other games. Barnsley have a horrendous last three games. I think they are gone.
  • Options
    The first goal tomorrow will win the game and keep their team in the Championship.

0-0 incoming.
  • Options
    If we get 3 points tomorrow a draw between Hull and Luton and we effectively stay up irrespective of other games. Barnsley have a horrendous last three games. I think they are gone.
    Hull Luton will be a tough one because whoever loses is down so they could nullify each other but a win tomorrow is the best chance to avoid relegation and not worry (possibly) about the Wigan game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    What a humongous game this is. Can’t (bare) bear to watch. COYRs
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    What a humongous game this is. Can’t bare to watch. COYRs
    I, for one, will be keeping my clothes on .
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    This game is as big as the Wembley final was last year in my opinion...win & I recon we are about safe,lose & I think we might be bak where we started last season...fuck after all going through what we did to get here in the 1st place...still getting beaten by all off the pitch,after what should have been consolidating our place in the Championship under a safe pair of hands with our new owners Duchtwat gone...yet here we are scrapping along being dragged under by absolute scumbags,who see us as a plaything cash cow,ripping the soul out of our club & that cunt still hanging about like a bad smell...

cmon Bows let’s just go for it tomoz,all or nothing...then onto  Wigan...

Up The Addicks....

2-1...Aneke & a late own goal for us...
  • Options
    I think we’ll need 2 own goals to be safe
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Oops 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    JJ should just be showing the boys this goal again and again. Beautiful cross and perfect attacking header. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think we'd be best lining up in the old 4-1-2-1-2 formation (4-4-2 Diamond) that we started the season with. 

The back 4 should be comfortable enough. 

Pratley in front of them adds some steel. 

Field and Cullen provide work rate through the middle. Morgan is dropped because Bow doesn't know how to utilise him best.

Williams in the free role behind the forwards as chief play maker. 

Aneke and Bonne the front pair. Yep we lose width, but with Matthews and Doughty we should have the pace that they can support attacks as needed, whilst Pratley can drop into a CB 3 when this happens.  

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Doughty
    Pratley
    Cullen Field
    Williams 
    Aneke Bonne

Would be happy with this also. 

Really what you're suggesting isn't that different from Sage as with Pratley at the base of the diamond, he drops in to the create the 3 at the back when Matthews and Doughty push forward anyway. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Not even bear arms? ;-)
  • Options
    2 goals from midfield tomorrow! 3-1 win for Charlton.
    Just don’t see any fight from Birmingham.
    We’ve battled well in the last 3 games.
    Millwall, Bowyer got it wrong not starting Alfie.
    brentford was a 50/50 pen that didn’t go our way, just as the one for us didn’t on Saturday.
    We’ve been in all 3 of those games and definitely robbed on Saturday.
    Birmingham is a game where gritt wins.
  • Options
    Tonight is our chance and we simply must take it.

Birmingham - 0 wins in 11, 1 home win in 14, conceded 3 goals in each of their last 5 home games.

Wigan - 1 defeat in 13 (at Brentford), 8 wins in 11, 10 clean sheets in 11 games.