Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City v Charlton Athletic | Wed 15 July | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Must win game. Can’t see where the goals are coming from. 
  • Options
    Must win game. Can’t see where the goals are coming from. 
    Yep, in a nutshell.
    We will compete, because we always do under Bowyer.
    We will be well prepared, organised - a tight group, honest in their endeavour.
    But we lack quality where it really matters and it always feels like we are desperately hoping to nick something.
    As alicwkd said above, sooner or later the opposition realise we have got nothing to hurt them with and grow in confidence.
    Hoping we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. O-1 to us.
  • Options
    We HAVE to win, this is it... I feel sick
  • Options
    On current form  Birmingham are an absolute shambles. 
    Armed with the knowledge that beating them tonight almost certainly keeps us up we simply have to win.
    If we fail to win tonight and end up getting relegated we will have no one to blame but ourselves. 

Just win the bloody game. 
  • Options
    First 55 minutes are crucial tonight, feel we have to be winning by that stage, otherwise Birmingham will sense a chance of a draw at least, and put 11 players behind the ball making it impossible to attack. 
  • Options
    1-2 away win, trying to be optimistic if we dont win this we are buggered. Our biggest problem is scoring, we need Johnny / Doughty/ both starting and one of the strikers to step up, ideally Bonne gets one early to settle the nerves. COYR
  • Options
    Possibly the most nervous I have been the morning before a game. Has a real sense of last chance saloon, anything less than 3 points and I think we are gone. 

As others have said if we do go down we can only blame ourselves (and Lyle).
  • Options
    Sadly I can’t see where our goals are coming from 
  • Options
    This feels like a must win - like Wembley last year and Hull a few short weeks ago. Let’s hope we can do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-1 to Bham.
  • Options
    Confident we will nick it 1-0.

Sadly anything less that 3 points and we are down.
  • Options
    This feels like a must win - like Wembley last year and Hull a few short weeks ago. Let’s hope we can do it.
    Tonight is probably our most important game since Wembley.
  • Options
    Can't predict this one as my heart and head are at odds. Desperately need to grind out a win obviously. Goals are what worry me. I think it will be a defenders header if we get in the score sheet. Come on Charlton. We need this.
  • Options
    Excited.....sick....up....down....ONLY Charlton can do this to you.... 
  • Options
    Forget current form and previous games, Birmingham need to win as much as we do so it will come down to who wants it most. If either of the teams show the "Wigan" spirit they will walk away with the points, if both teams show it we could be in for a cracker of a game.
  • Options
    Possibly the most nervous I have been the morning before a game. Has a real sense of last chance saloon, anything less than 3 points and I think we are gone. 

As others have said if we do go down we can only blame ourselves (and Lyle).
    Same. Just hope that the players aren’t feeling the same with nerves. Hopefully Bowyer and JJ have got there confidence up since Reading
  • Options
    Great preview - agreed with most on here. We need to score more than 1 goal and score first. We conceed too many late goals to hang on to 1-0 all the time. 0-2 to us - I pray!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Pratley, Pearce and Bonne all to get 1 more goal each as we finish on 55 points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Pratley, Pearce and Bonne all to get 1 more goal each as we finish on 55 points
    Hopefully Aneke will go into tonight with a bit of confidence having found the net against Reading

Just dont expect him to start of course due to the lack of full games he's played this season
  • Options
    I'm absolutely cacking myself today, I'm predicting Alfie to step up and get one! COYR!!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I'm absolutely cacking myself today, I'm predicting Alfie to step up and get one! COYR!!
    Brave shout. Would love Albie and Alfie to be the ones to score the goals to get us over the line. 

Alfie is tricky and can work himself into space, but his shots thereafter have been lacking. 

Albie can smash his shots, but as yet few if any have required a save as he's a bit obvious as he lines them up allowing defenders to get blocks in. They do fly off his boot though. 

• Options
    Only a super optimist or a drunken fool would believe Cafc will pick up points against Wigan or Leeds so tonight is the night to relieve the pain and misery of the promise of early season success, the false dawn of the takeover and having more injuries than your local A+E.

What dystopian world would have Millwall in breathing distance of the play offs, Palace having yet another season in the Premier, and Charlton in danger of being in a division lower than Wycombe Wanderers !

Charlton, let's be having you.

• Options
    Only a super optimist or a drunken fool would believe Cafc will pick up points against Wigan or Leeds so tonight is the night to relieve the pain and misery of the promise of early season success, the false dawn of the takeover and having more injuries than your local A+E.

What dystopian world would have Millwall in breathing distance of the play offs, Palace having yet another season in the Premier, and Charlton in danger of being in a division lower than Wycombe Wanderers !

Charlton, let's be having you.

Personally think we're done for but mathematically we are not so I continue to have some level of optimism... Especially as Leeds need to fall out of autos, it's their thing. 
  • Options
    Not having a very productive day, not been this nervous about a game for a long time

Indeed possibly more nervous than before the play off final last year, as I was more confident about that side winning
  • Options
    Not having a very productive day, not been this nervous about a game for a long time

Indeed possibly more nervous than before the play off final last year, as I was more confident about that side winning
    Yeah my relaxed state evaporated after our fruitless display at reading... Now I'm bricking it. 
  • Options
    This is the first Charlton relegation fight for many a year where we haven't been dead and buried with 5 or so games to go, at least its in our hands
  • Options
    This is the first Charlton relegation fight for many a year where we haven't been dead and buried with 5 or so games to go, at least its in our hands
    Last relegation fight I remember being this close (and Charlton being involved in) was the 98/99 season between us and Sheffield Wednesday

I dont include the season Chris Powell was sacked because the games in hand we had pulled us away
  • Options
    As many have said its a Sheffield Wednesday sized game tonight! 

I think the result from the weekend along with the pants officiating is all Bowyer needs to get them up for this. 

Would start with Chucks and Bonne but Bonne needs to be more clinical, cant fault his work rate but he should have scored against Reading. 

Charlton win 2-1. Aneke and McGeady