Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    So any news on the consequential hearing?

When is it, is it live?
    I believe so but Cawley said he won't be doing tweets as it'll be a lot of legal argument and jargon or words to that effect.
  • Options
    Just re-posting from the other thread. @Rob7Lee has said that "John Burke" was added, early on to the list of attendees, presumably by Elliott's crew. Did anyone else notice this? If so, did they see the person on screen? We are very anxious to ID him.
    A few people have said it. Also saw it on Twitter but can't find it now. Most people's cameras were off, though. 
  • Options
    If you mean the ‘watch out for VAR comment, I think he is referring to the fact that an Elliot appeal has not yet been ruled out
  • Options
    "The real winner appeared to be Sandgaard. But do watch out for VAR."
  • Options
    If you mean the ‘watch out for VAR comment, I think he is referring to the fact that an Elliot appeal has not yet been ruled out
    Then best Nimer sells now to TS  and has it wrapped up before a hearing.
  • Options
    So was employing Lauren a stroke of genius or a Nimer cost saving measure?
    We don't know if it was cost saving but she was the best barrister for the job.

For Christy(sp?) Is was just another paid gig.

For LK it meant a lot more professionally and personally.

She was well on top of all the issues from the start.

So it was a clever move IMHO.

And it was the biggest and best single bit of marketing the Trust is ever going to get. Hope they hoover up plenty of new members as a result.

Yes, I imagine all barristers want to take on a case which they passionately believe in, rather than something they just do because the client pays well. 

And Lauren isn't some junior lawyer thrown into the deep end, she's a barrister in chambers, this is what she's been trained for.
  • Options
    I think we should all print a copy and send to IPS Law...
    Might be another winding up order on the place by then...👌🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else wonder how elliots conversation went with his wife last night
    "How'd d'ya fancy Blackpool next year?"

Has she met Blackpool.
    I'm sure she would fancy me if she did 😊
  • Options
    Just re-posting from the other thread. @Rob7Lee has said that "John Burke" was added, early on to the list of attendees, presumably by Elliott's crew. Did anyone else notice this? If so, did they see the person on screen? We are very anxious to ID him.
    A few of us got admitted early, we then got the reporters in AKA Cawley, Airman, BBC, SKY etc, each barrister gave a list of names they needed admitting, so Burke must have been added by Elliotts as it certainly wasn't from Lauren! About 20 minutes after they opened up to the riff raff  ;)

If it's of interest those admitted early prior to the press were;

Chris Farnell (i believe Elliott was on the same link)
    Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    Some solicitors for both sides (front row legal and Axiom I believe)
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

So he was DEFINITELY admitted by Elliots team, I even messaged him on twitter to that effect before the public were allowed in, of course no response. Sadly no pictures/videos were on screen other than the two barristers and judge, everyone else joined with Camera's off, although one reporter forgot his mike briefly  :D 

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    A few of us got admitted early, we then got the reporters in AKA Cawley, Airman, BBC, SKY etc, each barrister gave a list of names they needed admitting, so Burke must have been added by Elliotts as it certainly wasn't from Lauren! About 20 minutes after they opened up to the riff raff  ;)

Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

So he was DEFINITELY admitted by Elliots team, I even messaged him on twitter to that effect before the public were allowed in, of course no response. Sadly no pictures/videos were on screen other than the two barristers and judge, everyone else joined with Camera's off, although one reporter forgot his mike briefly  :D 

I did wonder if he was the John Burke from Blunts solicitors which recently went into liquidation.......
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Mihal has a brilliant knack of putting out statements that say absolutely nothing whatsoever.  ( including the statement he gave the judge yesterday which also said absolutely nothing and nearly stuffed us.)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Surely if it's the same 'John Burke' from Twitter, he's given the court a fake name... Illegal?
  • Options

"Multi-tasking lawyer Chris Farnell"  :D
    Brilliant Airman. I know it's par for your own standards but also Kevin Nolanesque, if I may say so.
     Yeah. That made me chuckle.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Surely if it's the same 'John Burke' from Twitter, he's given the court a fake name... Illegal?
    He wasn't on trial though, just a spectator. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Would it be illegal if he's simply there as a spectator?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I don't know. He would've submitted it to the court clerk for condition of entry, like we all did, so he clearly would've misrepresented himself. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

I did wonder if he was the John Burke from Blunts solicitors which recently went into liquidation.......
    I thought Prague had spoken to him and left confident that the person on twitter isn't John Burke from blunts?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Interesting and smooth as ever.  Saying what the fans want to "hear".  But I, personally, do not trust him for 2 reasons:  (1) He is closely associated with ESI1 and maybe ESI2 - we don't really know plus the Florica connection.  We don't really know what's in all of this for him - it's not exactly love of the club is it!?  and (2) in all my years of working in 'business change' most people (and especially senior stakeholders) have hidden agendas behind their, apparently agreeing faces.  I mean yesterday his court submission was criticised by the judge...could that have been because he has a hidden agenda for personal gain or the gain of others  - I mean who is paying this guy!? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I don't know. He would've submitted it to the court clerk for condition of entry, like we all did, so he clearly would've misrepresented himself. 
    A misrepresentation in itself isn't against the law. Would need to go alongside something like fraud or a contract. 
  • Options
    So much to read, many bits missed.
    but what I cannot understand is why Elliott and Farnell wanted to put so much effort into a project in plain view of an enquiring audience ( ie Charlton fans). We are all convinced their motives are suspicious, their assets not sufficient. What did they want and expect?
    They underestimated us, but despite everything they did get close to getting away with it.
    Maybe Nimer and Southall still have.
    I'd like to think that TS doesn't pay too much but who knows at this stage?
    I'd like us to get them Range Rovers back as well from Farnell & Elliot.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

I thought Prague had spoken to him and left confident that the person on twitter isn't John Burke from blunts?

I believe he did, although that's not to say he wasn't lying. Especially as he was in the process of liquidating his solicitor firm, supposedly in practice since 1812 ( yes 1812) and owes a few hundred thousand to creditors.
  • Options
    Anyone else wonder how elliots conversation went with his wife last night
    "How'd d'ya fancy Blackpool next year?"
    I think @blackpool72 will tell him to f**k off
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!