Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Just re-posting from the other thread. @Rob7Lee has said that "John Burke" was added, early on to the list of attendees, presumably by Elliott's crew. Did anyone else notice this? If so, did they see the person on screen? We are very anxious to ID him.
    A few of us got admitted early, we then got the reporters in AKA Cawley, Airman, BBC, SKY etc, each barrister gave a list of names they needed admitting, so Burke must have been added by Elliotts as it certainly wasn't from Lauren! About 20 minutes after they opened up to the riff raff  ;)

If it's of interest those admitted early prior to the press were;

Chris Farnell (i believe Elliott was on the same link)
    Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    Some solicitors for both sides (front row legal and Axiom I believe)
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

So he was DEFINITELY admitted by Elliots team, I even messaged him on twitter to that effect before the public were allowed in, of course no response. Sadly no pictures/videos were on screen other than the two barristers and judge, everyone else joined with Camera's off, although one reporter forgot his mike briefly  :D 

I did wonder if he was the John Burke from Blunts solicitors which recently went into liquidation.......
    I thought Prague had spoken to him and left confident that the person on twitter isn't John Burke from blunts?

I believe he did, although that's not to say he wasn't lying. Especially as he was in the process of liquidating his solicitor firm, supposedly in practice since 1812 ( yes 1812) and owes a few hundred thousand to creditors.
    Well, that's possible. However it was not a short conversation and followed by several emails (which you are welcome to see). TBH the only reason I would have not to be 100% certain that he is straight, is that he wanted Jimmy Stone to retract and apologise for outing him, with photo, on Twitter; I told him that I might be able to talk to Jimmy about that once he had confirmed that he had addressed Fred Rose, whom I told him we are convinced is the account holder. Despite previously saying he would do that, he didnt reply to that last mail and the account continues to post. But the rational explanation for that is that he decided that this is not something he wants to get further tangled in. 

Where also did you learn that he owes a few hundred thousand to creditors? Figures I saw suggested that the biggest creditor was himself (loans to the company of about 90k). He's of an age to retire and put his feet up, and that is exactly what he sounded like on the phone. And he initially rang me back having received three calls from a number he didnt recognise. Not sure a Farnell stooge would do that. Nor did he sound remotely chippy, like the account holder does, and his spelling and grammar is impeccable, again unlike the account holder.

NLA is convinced Fred Rose is behind it, and there is evidence linking Rose and Farnell going back to 1996. Have you forgotten "Kinky Enterprises"? Anybody who saw the face yesterday would at least have been able to say which of the two this person more closely resembled but it sounds like that is not possible. 
  • Options
    I bet Dave Jones wasn't on the courtroom link.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Just re-posting from the other thread. @Rob7Lee has said that "John Burke" was added, early on to the list of attendees, presumably by Elliott's crew. Did anyone else notice this? If so, did they see the person on screen? We are very anxious to ID him.
    A few of us got admitted early, we then got the reporters in AKA Cawley, Airman, BBC, SKY etc, each barrister gave a list of names they needed admitting, so Burke must have been added by Elliotts as it certainly wasn't from Lauren! About 20 minutes after they opened up to the riff raff  ;)

If it's of interest those admitted early prior to the press were;

Chris Farnell (i believe Elliott was on the same link)
    Marian Mihail
    Both Barristers & Judge
    Some solicitors for both sides (front row legal and Axiom I believe)
    John Burke
    Court Clerk

So he was DEFINITELY admitted by Elliots team, I even messaged him on twitter to that effect before the public were allowed in, of course no response. Sadly no pictures/videos were on screen other than the two barristers and judge, everyone else joined with Camera's off, although one reporter forgot his mike briefly  :D 

I did wonder if he was the John Burke from Blunts solicitors which recently went into liquidation.......
    I thought Prague had spoken to him and left confident that the person on twitter isn't John Burke from blunts?

I believe he did, although that's not to say he wasn't lying. Especially as he was in the process of liquidating his solicitor firm, supposedly in practice since 1812 ( yes 1812) and owes a few hundred thousand to creditors.
    Well, that's possible. However it was not a short conversation and followed by several emails (which you are welcome to see). TBH the only reason I would have not to be 100% certain that he is straight, is that he wanted Jimmy Stone to retract and apologise for outing him, with photo, on Twitter; I told him that I might be able to talk to Jimmy about that once he had confirmed that he had addressed Fred Rose, whom I told him we are convinced is the account holder. Despite previously saying he would do that, he didnt reply to that last mail and the account continues to post. But the rational explanation for that is that he decided that this is not something he wants to get further tangled in. 

Where also did you learn that he owes a few hundred thousand to creditors? Figures I saw suggested that the biggest creditor was himself (loans to the company of about 90k). He's of an age to retire and put his feet up, and that is exactly what he sounded like on the phone. And he initially rang me back having received three calls from a number he didnt recognise. Not sure a Farnell stooge would do that. Nor did he sound remotely chippy, like the account holder does, and his spelling and grammar is impeccable, again unlike the account holder.

NLA is convinced Fred Rose is behind it, and there is evidence linking Rose and Farnell going back to 1996. Have you forgotten "Kinky Enterprises"? Anybody who saw the face yesterday would at least have been able to say which of the two this person more closely resembled but it sounds like that is not possible. 

• Options

"Multi-tasking lawyer Chris Farnell"  :D
    Brilliant Airman. I know it's par for your own standards but also Kevin Nolanesque, if I may say so.
    There is no greater journalistic comparison.  High praise indeed.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Stig said:
    Redrobo said:
    Her reply to Southall after his threat of litigation singed my fingers.
    Was that this one?

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/
    Was that her work? I thought someone else had already claimed it.
    @Pico tried to claim it, but very tongue in cheek. 
    I've got a bone to pick with you H, I had a heart tremour when the judge was summing up you was painting a bleak picture ! I don't pay my fiver for that! 😉.
    To be fair it did look bloody bleak! Think the judge might have been enjoying the drama.
    I was asking myself exactly the same thing; was he playing up to the 200 in the virtual gallery
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Stig said:
    Redrobo said:
    Her reply to Southall after his threat of litigation singed my fingers.
    Was that this one?

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/
    Was that her work? I thought someone else had already claimed it.
    @Pico tried to claim it, but very tongue in cheek. 
    I've got a bone to pick with you H, I had a heart tremour when the judge was summing up you was painting a bleak picture ! I don't pay my fiver for that! 😉.
    To be fair it did look bloody bleak! Think the judge might have been enjoying the drama.
    I was asking myself exactly the same thing; was he playing up to the 200 in the virtual gallery

There's a second career for that judge as a writer of novels with last page twists

Move over John Grisham
  • Options

For me , huge pat on the back to the judge.

He made it clear in his conclusion in no uncertain terms that although both lawyers presented their cases well,Lauren especially so, they were both representing characters who were basically up to no good.

The judges statement finished with a passage on how this great club is so important for the community and the charities it supports. This appeared to sway hugely in our favour.
    Nimer/Mihail were only handed victory as that verdict would be best for the club. Let's hope they honour that trust.

Onwards and dare I say...upwards??
    I was thinking this last night. We were lucky we got a judge who clearly cared and also was prepared to read the EFL documentation in front of him so that he realised the real threat we were under. Also he was prepared to carry on until the hearing finished and not up sticks at 4pm so he could toddle off to his club for a G & T or two. We have a lot to be thankful to Judge Pearce for.
    Absolutely this and this! We were lucky to get a judge who understood just how important his ruling was to the survival of the club, for the fans and wider community! He clearly recognised both sides were wrong'uns and decided it was too important to delay any further. Fair play to him on that. Just hope it doesnt lead to ESI1 throwing a spanner in the works with Sandgaard. Surely they just want out now? But I'm not over celebrating just yet. Fingers crossed. COYA
  • Options
    1905 said:
    I told my wife about the great news last night and her only comment was "well in that case, who owns the range rovers?" - and with that she killed the conversation dead.
    Count yourself lucky mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else wonder how elliots conversation went with his wife last night
    "How'd d'ya fancy Blackpool next year?"

Has she met Blackpool.
    I'm sure she would fancy me if she did 😊
    Apparantly her sense of humour is one of her many qualities.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an e mail address to get a link for today's case/continuance please?
    Is it the same as yesterday?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The consequential hearing is already oversubscribed - they'll be picking lucky winners at random.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an e mail address to get a link for today's case/continuance please?
    Is it the same as yesterday?
    Yes email same as for yesterday
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    The consequential hearing is already oversubscribed - they'll be picking lucky winners at random.
    Pound-a-ticket....
  • Options
    Anyone received logins for this afternoon’s session? I am yet to hear from the court but I presume it’s going ahead as planned....supposedly an hour from kickoff 
  • Options
    Let's hope the stewards on the gate let the lawyers & press into the stadium first!
  • Options
    will there be a new thread for today's match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I suspect Lex Dominus or whatever Elliottttttts company is called has already got their bankruptcy forms completed just waiting to press the submit button the second costs are awarded to Nimer, parasites the lot of them.

I really enjoyed sending Farnell an email last night pointing out what my previous emails had said a month ago, CAFC will get you Mr Farnell !!! now just needs to be followed through and destroy the lot of them
    And if Elliott wins there's no chance he's getting anything from Nimer through a UAE court.
  • Options
    Has anyone been sent a link? 
  • Options
    Just been told it's oversubscribed and no further invites will be sent 

• Options
    Paige’s dad just told her to stfu again
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Just been told it's oversubscribed and no further invites will be sent 

Same. Shame as I’m the weird type who loves boring legal arguments! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!