Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Watson signed (page 14 - Jun 2021, signs 1 year extension)

Comments

• Options
    Good signing  , a player I've always admired  . 
  • Options
    With the likes of Morgan and Levitt I’m really happy with this one. I think we really missed Pratleys experience in the middle when he was out so having Watson is huge. 
  • Options
    Ex Palace. Sandgaard out!
  • Options
    Palace c*nt!!

Jokes aside, he's a great signing in league one. Played 45 times for Forest last season and we've only got him as he wanted to move back down south.
  • Options
    Wasn't he linked with us as a youngster?

I am sure Curbs looked at him around the time Palace got relegated. 

I am delighted. It means Pratley and Watson can be rotated and ensure that a wise old head will be available for most of the games. 

As he has trained with us he can slot straight in Sunday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where's Scarfy?

Not official until a new signing wears scarfy.

• Options
    Quality signing at this level, knows the lads after 2 weeks here already and ready to play.

will be a big player for us, would still be at Forest I suspect had he not wanted to return to London

welcome to big school Ben 
  • Options
    Watching the video he certainly seems to bring a calmness to the team, speaks well!!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Excellent. After last week's performance both on the pitch, and technical wise, I was not going to buy a valley pass game again.

Of course that's gone striaght on the window. Look forward to seeing what he can do. 
  • Options
    Quality signing at this level, knows the lads after 2 weeks here already and ready to play.

He must be relieved to finally come out of the shed at Sparrows Lane, where he's been hidden away secretly for a fortnight.

• Options
    I wasn't sure we needed another central midfielder, but after the start to the season can now see Watson being a decent signing for us

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Hats off to @Charlton_Stu for suggesting way back that this was on the cards. Must be good to be ITK mate😉😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

• Options
    Very happy with this. A leader on and off the pitch, loads of experience at the highest level and what a reference from the Forest manager! Nice one Bow and Steve.
  • Options
    Good signing 
  • Options
    So he is on 2k a week? Guessing thats a big drop from his forest wage.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It’s not a 2k limit per player, more like an overall limit on the entire squad which averages out to 2k per player. If we’ve gone over 2k here, that leaves us with less money to spend on other new signings.
  • Options
    Will be great experience but I'm surprised at just how excited some seem at this. He has hardly played over the last 4 seasons. 
    Are you looking at the right Watson?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    So he is on 2k a week? Guessing thats a big drop from his forest wage.
    Hasn’t it been done to death before that the 2.5m the cap, we can pay players what we want as long as the 2.5m isn’t exceeded.

changing the subject, I thought he was ginger?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Will be great experience but I'm surprised at just how excited some seem at this. He has hardly played over the last 4 seasons. 
    According to Google he played 45 games last season?
    Ah! His wiki info was missing for last season, so was looking at the wrong season which I think must be wrong too. 
  • Options
    Are you looking at the right Watson?
    Elementary, my dear Watson? Or was that Holmes (not Rickyyyyyyyyyy).