Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Watson signed (page 14 - Jun 2021, signs 1 year extension)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Great signing. I actually think he could end up on the coaching staff. One year playing then perhaps a player/coach role.
    This was my first thought as well, good shout. 
    Do we need another coach with CM experience?
  • Options
    Decent player. 
  • Options
    As I put on the transfers thread: 

EastStand said:
    Watson looks like my dad but the poor bloke is 2 years older than me.

Just goes to show exercise is fucking bad for you. 

• Options
    Has he seen war?
  • Options
    Bowyer is smiling , now we bring it all together, get a string of results, we are on the up for sure :) 
  • Options
    Any highlights reels of Watson ?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Got plenty of experience which will help other players, a kind of Pratley Mark 2.

Hope at 35 he’s still got the legs to run a midfield, in Bows and Jacks we trust.

If they can’t pick a good midfielder, then we are stuffed!
  • Options
    His age doesn’t bother me too much - we have a depth in that area so he won’t have to play every match. Solid signing.

Pleeeeaaaasssseee sort out the defence next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
     Not found any though he did beat Man City to win the FA Cup.
    https://youtu.be/2J5ImKiQnbo
  • Options
    Superb signing at this level. 
  • Options
    What's the odds on him tripping on the pavement outside the team bus and injured for 6 weeks 😂 it's a good day something is going to go wrong its us at the end of the day
  • Options
    Good signing imo, like Pratley bags of experience to add to the young guns.
  • Options
    Could have still been playing at Championship level this season, instead he has plumped for us in League One. Must fancy another medal and I anticipate Bowyer getting the support to duly oblige. U21 Prem loans may be key if their wages do not count within the cap. Brewster from Liverpool and Gilmour from Chelsea please.
    Forest wanted him to stay.
    He was their captain and their "brains".
    Watson wanted to "come home".
    He has a house in Beckenham.
  • Options
    Got plenty of experience which will help other players, a kind of Pratley Mark 2.

Hope at 35 he’s still got the legs to run a midfield, in Bows and Jacks we trust.

If they can’t pick a good midfielder, then we are stuffed!
    Technically he's a far better footballer than Pratley.
    Pratley's strength of course is his tackling.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
     Not found any though he did beat Man City to win the FA Cup.
    https://youtu.be/2J5ImKiQnbo
    ThAts Bauer-esque but even more so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Ridiculous signing for league 1, how have they pulled that one off... Can't imagine he was on less thank 10k a week at forrest 
    I know I'm not the first to say so but could very well be there's the idea of him transitioning into a coaching role Jackson style over the season and maybe next too.
  • Options
    I think Ben Watson is the perfect signing for us,leadership and experience from him will only help others on the pitch 
  • Options
    Can't complain at this one at all, given our situation. Bags of experience and quality to work alongside the kids. 
  • Options
    I quite liked him, then saw him play for Wigan and other clubs and thought he has excellent leadership qualities. Great attitude. 
  • Options
    No disrespect to our recent captains but I do think we’ve lacked a bit of leadership on the pitch for a while. Watson has to be given the armband surely 
    Makes sense to me 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think he is a good signing who could prove to be a great signing, but ridiculous may be a touch too far seeing as he is 35. Absolutely agree, that age doesn't stop Pratley being one of our better performers, but that is the sort of age where your Championship career is under threat. Forest may have wanted him to sign as a squad player on reduced terms, we don't know. 

Anyway, good signing but not eyebrow raising for me.