Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Watson signed (page 14 - Jun 2021, signs 1 year extension)

Comments

• Options
    SamB09 said:
    So he is on 2k a week? Guessing thats a big drop from his forest wage.
    But did I read somewhere that incentives, bonuses can be paid outside of the wage cap?

Therefore, if he does well/the team wins promotion, it's permitted to pay a bonus?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Why is he signing a blank sheet of paper :wink:
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    SamB09 said:
    But did I read somewhere that incentives, bonuses can be paid outside of the wage cap?

Therefore, if he does well/the team wins promotion, it's permitted to pay a bonus?

Pretty sure only bonus not included in the cap is a promotion one. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    SamB09 said:

Pretty sure only bonus not included in the cap is a promotion one. 
    Okay, fair enough.

• Options
    Millwall fan no thanks 

ex palace no thanks 

and he was the leader of that bunch of bottle job chokers Forest , no thanks 

oh you say he’s signed for us 

great player , plenty of experience, good solid signing and more than good enough for this level

that fucking blue kit is nasty 
    Think the Millwall thing was an urban myth . I understand he supported Arsenal as a kid .
  • Options
    It’s not a 2k limit per player, more like an overall limit on the entire squad which averages out to 2k per player. If we’ve gone over 2k here, that leaves us with less money to spend on other new signings.
    Also we currently have AMB, Barker, Doughty, Morgan, Levitt, Dempsey, Vennings and Davison in our squad who are all 21 and under so they don't count towards the cap.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Shame he’s ex palace but always thought he was a very tidy player. Getting him at the wrong end of his career but based on last season’s stats there’s plenty of life left in the old dog yet. 

Verdict: Good signing. 

Welcome Ben. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s all happy days 
  • Options
    It’s not a 2k limit per player, more like an overall limit on the entire squad which averages out to 2k per player. If we’ve gone over 2k here, that leaves us with less money to spend on other new signings.
    Also we currently have AMB, Barker, Doughty, Morgan, Levitt, Dempsey, Vennings and Davison in our squad who are all 21 and under so they don't count towards the cap.
    You might be right there. Even so, they're not going to be yet on the average wage, let alone top earners.
  • Options
    He looks in good nick and ready to go. Good signing for the likes of Albie and Alfie
  • Options
    We’ve only gone and signed Prince Harry 
  • Options
    Can see why its an eye raiser if Lamouchi wanted to keep him @ Forest

We're basically signing a Championship / Play-Off level Midfielder - Even if he rotates with Pratley in Midfield, thats a great bit of experience
    More of the same will do very nicely.
  • Options
    I've not seen him much if him play. What will he bring to the side - clearly sounds like a solid player, with great experience, but I wonder how effective he is now being the wrong side of 30?

Think he played over 40 games for Forest in the Championship last season so he’ll be ok.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    You might be right there. Even so, they're not going to be yet on the average wage, let alone top earners.
    Phillips, Amos, Deji, Purrington, Pearce, Pratley, JFC, Williams, Lapslie, Oztumer, Aneke and Bonne all count as 2k you’d expect (doubt any are on less). Gilbey, Watson and Washington will count as whatever they’re on. I’m going to estimate 35k per week which is about 1.8million. So in theory we should have around 14k a week left. I’m hopeful that can bring in 3/4 decent permanents alongside 2/3 young loans. Could boost that figure slightly if Phillips goes. 
  • Options
    I've not seen him much if him play. What will he bring to the side - clearly sounds like a solid player, with great experience, but I wonder how effective he is now being the wrong side of 30?

Think he played over 40 games for Forest in the Championship last season so he’ll be ok.
    Missed 1 game. 
  • Options

We're basically signing a Championship / Play-Off level Midfielder - Even if he rotates with Pratley in Midfield, thats a great bit of experience
    Ex palace - right up your street. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing will smash league one 
  • Options

Ex palace - right up your street. 
    I'll let him off as today is for celebration. He looks like a skinny Nicky Bailey.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Welcome too Charlton.
  • Options
    Welcome Ben, an excellent signing.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Phillips, Amos, Deji, Purrington, Pearce, Pratley, JFC, Williams, Lapslie, Oztumer, Aneke and Bonne all count as 2k you’d expect (doubt any are on less). Gilbey, Watson and Washington will count as whatever they’re on. I’m going to estimate 35k per week which is about 1.8million. So in theory we should have around 14k a week left. I’m hopeful that can bring in 3/4 decent permanents alongside 2/3 young loans. Could boost that figure slightly if Phillips goes. 
    Will Philips be encouraged to stay now......Mmmmm maybe?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Maybe, but it’s a position where we have 2 players good enough to play every week. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Be curious to see what happens the closer we get to the 16th now... Bet if he's still with us after the window closes then he'll sign something