Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC PLAYER - £10

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Last season it was 7 quid for us international viewers to watch championship football but now its 10 quid for league one on VP. An increase of nearly 50%. I can't watch every game so the 195 quid is not worth it for me plus I am not working. I honestly think 5 quid is what its worth. I can watch every Prem game over here in USA for $4.99 per month. 
    Last season it was £5 and this season it started at £7, you can thank VPN users for that. (Me)

The $4.99 you pay is that a true tv service or an IPTV service?
    Peacock (NBC) is $4.99 per month and NBC Sports is part of my cable service and they switch between both channels
    Ah so they're paying the EPL to screen those games. 
  • Options
    Watched every game so far (except the Brighton U-21 match) and have no complaints whatsoever.

Appreciate if you have a young family, mortgage to pay etc or you are furloughed then it might be a decision as to whether you pay £10. But for those who aren't in those difficult circumstances I can't see what the problem is in paying a tenner - after all it's less than a couple of pints down the pub.

And I enjoy the coverage. I think Greg and Terry are a good pairing and Terry always makes me laugh at how he thinks every decision should go Charlton's way! 

Actually, I'll go further. This live streaming of matches should carry on after fans are back in the ground. Sadly, the days of me wanting to plough my way across London for every game are over but I'll quite happily pay to watch them on a stream.

Dangerous territory that.
  • Options
    Now showing post match interviews with both managers and no bloody sound!!!!!
  • Options
    I bought the Brighton game by accident :)
  • Options
    £10 a lot but all games still less than going to home games only in the old prepandemic days so cant really argue. 
    That said i couldn't justify last nights game and regretted 🙈 bring on saturday! 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    £10 a lot but all games still less than going to home games only in the old prepandemic days so cant really argue. 
    That said i couldn't justify last nights game and regretted 🙈 bring on saturday! 
    Saturday is the FA Cup 
  • Options
    Sorry I’ve missed the whole conversation! 🙈Who wants to watch the first round anyway! 
    Real life fa cup ticket still more than £10er?
    watch the IPL instead?! 
  • Options
    I bought the Brighton game by accident :)
    Me too. 

Like others have said, the timing of the action replays is annoying and the delay in broadcast has meant that SSN/SMS shows a goal has been scored before it’s happened on the stream. I now switch off and my phone and tv for the match. 
    £10 might seem steep but it’s cheaper than going to the match. I’m assuming Charlton earn some income from the stream then I’m okay with that.
  • Options
    I found out on here (thanks for that) that if I buy the game, another person can watch on that account. I had been buying games for my son who is at Uni, so this will save me a few quid. I didn't begrudge paying £20 so £10 for two people is great value. 

I think something the club should try to do is appeal to those that are not so technically minded. An app that tests your internet/hardware can run it. Advice how you can change the quality to match your speeds etc... I know it has its hands tied, but a cheap game would probably gain viewers as once people know it works and how to do it, they are more likely to do it again. Maybe the EFL trophy game could be £1 or 50p if it was allowed. 
    Am I interpreting this the right way, that if a buy the game for £10 and am watching this at my home in Bexley. My son in Swanscombe can logon using my details and watch it from his house. We usually get together, but when we have not been able to we have each purchased our own £10 stream.... ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are right
  • Options
    I found out on here (thanks for that) that if I buy the game, another person can watch on that account. I had been buying games for my son who is at Uni, so this will save me a few quid. I didn't begrudge paying £20 so £10 for two people is great value. 

I think something the club should try to do is appeal to those that are not so technically minded. An app that tests your internet/hardware can run it. Advice how you can change the quality to match your speeds etc... I know it has its hands tied, but a cheap game would probably gain viewers as once people know it works and how to do it, they are more likely to do it again. Maybe the EFL trophy game could be £1 or 50p if it was allowed. 
    Am I interpreting this the right way, that if a buy the game for £10 and am watching this at my home in Bexley. My son in Swanscombe can logon using my details and watch it from his house. We usually get together, but when we have not been able to we have each purchased our own £10 stream.... ? 
    Correct.  
  • Options
    Good value for money as far as i am concerned, commentary great and it is lovely to see us winning. Not like being at the Valley but better than nothing. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The coverage by our commentators is fine, the visual side leaves a lot to be desired for the money in my view, and in the side by side tests I had done previously wasn’t as good as iFollow even, with a lot of motion blur (I’ve moaned a to them a few times and it may have improved a bit).

Personally think a fiver would be more like it certainly if you buy a season pass. I was hoping to raise it at the next FF (whenever that may be, I guess the clubs been quite busy..) along with any possibility of a concession price.

Just hearing the Premier league have scrapped their Ppv service (£14.95 per game?) Not sure if that will have any impact on the EFL.

Premier League clubs likely to scrap pay-per-view model for second lockdown period https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54824860

• Options

razil said:
    The coverage by our commentators is fine, the visual side leaves a lot to be desired for the money in my view, and in the side by side tests I had done previously wasn’t as good as iFollow even, with a lot of motion blur (I’ve moaned a to them a few times and it may have improved a bit).

Personally think a fiver would be more like it certainly if you buy a season pass. I was hoping to raise it at the next FF (whenever that may be, I guess the clubs been quite busy..) along with any possibility of a concession price.

Just hearing the Premier league have scrapped their Ppv service (£14.95 per game?) Not sure if that will have any impact on the EFL.

Premier League clubs likely to scrap pay-per-view model for second lockdown period https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54824860

It would be interesting to know if the people that are complaining are season ticket holders & are regular attendees of away matches, because £10.00 is nothing compared to the price of attending matches, especially away games.
    What fans group do you represent at the fans forum?
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Yes. My son is watching on my account in Bournemouth whilst I watch in Hertfordshire. I think one person can watch from another location. I was paying for him separately until somebody pointed this out to me. I don't know for sure if more than two locations can watch, I was told two.
  • Options
    Darlington FC seem to provide a better quality service than a lot of EFL clubs including us.
    https://www.nesportnews.co.uk/i-didnt-s ... 1JwDR6-uwA
  • Options
    How can anyone complain at a tenner? Price of two pints? Going to games with travel, tickets, food and drink absolutely dwarfs this.
    The experience of going to games absolutely dwarfs the experience of watching on TV. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can anyone complain at a tenner? Price of two pints? Going to games with travel, tickets, food and drink absolutely dwarfs this.
    The experience of going to games absolutely dwarfs the experience of watching on TV. 
    Fair point, you wouldn't pay £50 to watch a theatre performance on tele.

My main issue is the quality of the stream, it's not HD. It's not much better than watching those Moving Magazine VHS tapes we used to sell in the mid 90s.

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fair point, you wouldn't pay £50 to watch a theatre performance on tele.

My main issue is the quality of the stream, it's not HD. It's not much better than watching those Moving Magazine VHS tapes we used to sell in the mid 90s.

Yeah it's probably what I'd classify as HQ or 480p Not good enough for the price. 
  • Options
    Been using the audio commentary on my android phone but it won't let me listen without the screen being on. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix within app settings? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Do you have to.pay a tenner for just the commentary does anyone know?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Do you have to.pay a tenner for just the commentary does anyone know?
    No you just buy the normal VP subscription  and then you have access to commentary. I think it’s £6.50 per month. 
  • Options
    I purchased the stream for todays game and have now redeemed my code and saw the "success" screen, but, once I click on view todays stream it says I don't have access to this stream, (in My subscriptions it is there)
    I know it is not streaming yet but normally a tv screen comes up saying something like "stream will start later" has anyone else got this or not, I don't want problems just before the game starts
    I've sent an email as it just seems different to normal
  • Options
    Am I reading it right that if I purchase a stream, someone else, somewhere else (my brother) can log in and watch the stream at the same time as me? 
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    I purchased the stream for todays game and have now redeemed my code and saw the "success" screen, but, once I click on view todays stream it says I don't have access to this stream, (in My subscriptions it is there)
    I know it is not streaming yet but normally a tv screen comes up saying something like "stream will start later" has anyone else got this or not, I don't want problems just before the game starts
    I've sent an email as it just seems different to normal
    Someone has this issue every game & the CAFC team always sort this out for them.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Am I reading it right that if I purchase a stream, someone else, somewhere else (my brother) can log in and watch the stream at the same time as me? 
    Yes, some say 2 can access and some say 3.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Yes, some say 2 can access and some say 3.
    Bollocks really if that’s the case