Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC PLAYER - £10

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Personally I have streamed every league games since COVID started, however I yurn to go to the game still.

I have not had a season ticket for 4-5 years now, but have done half the away games plus a few homes a season since. My circumstances have changed in the last year, in that I now have 2 infants at home and wouldn't be able to do as many.

Any way that way that was all just for context, I miss the football. I doubt I will be able to even do 15 games a season for the next few years, but i would love to stream all the games i cant make, even whilst i fight to get to every last game I can! 
  • Options
    @clive

Serious question. What don't you agree with in my post?

I can remember when games were first shown live on TV. It was a revolution. People said it would kill live football. 30 years later no-one bats an eye-lid at games being shown live. And crowds have gone up substantially over that period.

You may still want to go every week. It maybe easy for you to do so. For me, and hundreds of others who don't live so close to the ground, it's not that easy. The club can take our money from streaming games or have nothing.

Times change. Technology moves on. You can either embrace it or fight it. But there will only be one winner - the technology.

Streaming is the future. You may not like it but that is the reality.
    Only if the human race has to stay in . People need company and enjoyment.  They do it going out. Not staying at home. 

I stream as there  is no choice. However as Shankley said. Football needs crowds. Streaming lacks atmosphere.  

It is like saying wankingv will replace sex. It will if you stay at home !
    I've already agreed with you that in an ideal world, the best way to watch football is live in a stadium, with other people, enjoying a shared experience. So there's no doubt I'll agree again!

But we don't live in a perfect world. There's loads of people on here who openly admit - so I am not stalking them! - that they live in Cornwall, North Yorkshire, The Cotswolds, the Sussex coast etc. (In fact, I sometimes think we have few supporters still living in the Charlton area!) It's not easy, to put it mildly, to get to games from those places. Why shouldn't they have the chance to watch a game when the technology enabling them to do so is available?

The same argument applies to the old and infirm. We'll all going to be in that category one day. Why should they not be able to carry on watching their team when they are physically unable to get to the Valley anymore?

Away games is another case in point. How many of our fans travel away on a regular basis? Five per cent? Most people don't have the time or money - or let's be honest, the inclination to go to Blackburn on a freezing cold January afternoon - to travel to away games regularly. I think it's fantastic that I can press a button on the computer and see a  game that I otherwise couldn't.

Anyway, as I said before, it will be interesting to see what plays out. But I would be amazed if streaming goes away.

• Options
    Can we imagine a kind of joint attendance/streaming ST that allows the holder to do either? This could include away games of course. 
  • Options
    @clive

Serious question. What don't you agree with in my post?

I can remember when games were first shown live on TV. It was a revolution. People said it would kill live football. 30 years later no-one bats an eye-lid at games being shown live. And crowds have gone up substantially over that period.

You may still want to go every week. It maybe easy for you to do so. For me, and hundreds of others who don't live so close to the ground, it's not that easy. The club can take our money from streaming games or have nothing.

Times change. Technology moves on. You can either embrace it or fight it. But there will only be one winner - the technology.

Streaming is the future. You may not like it but that is the reality.
    Only if the human race has to stay in . People need company and enjoyment.  They do it going out. Not staying at home. 

I stream as there  is no choice. However as Shankley said. Football needs crowds. Streaming lacks atmosphere.  

It is like saying wankingv will replace sex. It will if you stay at home !
    Wow Shankley said ‘football needs crowds. Streaming lacks atmosphere’ - the man was more of a visionary than I’d been led to believe !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can we imagine a kind of joint attendance/streaming ST that allows the holder to do either? This could include away games of course. 
    That is the sort of creative thinking, which embraces both the new technology and peoples desires to still go, that the clubs should be thinking about.