Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ST holders unable to attend to retain CAFC Cash / Ballot details for Wimbledon & Bristol Rovers p6

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Been invited to buy a Wombles ticket now, though as I'm busy on Saturday evening might give it a miss

I wasn't successful for the Brizzle match, one I do want to go to, so will have to wait until it's on open sale on Wednesday afternoon, which I don't see as a problem.
    How do you 'get invited' to buy a ticket for the Wimbledon match?
    Club sent an email to the originally unsuccessful season ticket holders to let them know they were now eligible 
    You are now able to redeem a ticket for our game against AFC Wimbledon On Wednesday, December 12th. 
    There are only a limited number of tickets, and not all individuals at this stage are guaranteed to be able to redeem. Tickets will therefore be allocated on a first come, first served basis. 
    You have until 10am on Wednesday, December 9th, if you wish to redeem a ticket.
  • Options
    How rigorous are the checks on the turnstiles with photo ID and the checking of the name on the ticket. 

I've got tickets for Saturday but in the missus and little fellas name. We all live in same house but she's only going as little fella wants to go, in normal circumstances I'd take him but we only got 2 ST this season and didn't think there would be implications with who takes him tbh. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I have been successful in last 2 not MK Dons. 

Although at this time it seems all season ticket holders are able to get a ticket not sure this is the fairest way. 

I guess until season ticket holders don’t get tickets this will continue. 

Not knowing how many season tickets holders are ‘Tier 3’ makes it difficult to know how many are actually going into the ballot. 
    Think it was reported that 1.500 out of 4,900 .
    Thanks.  I was working on around 25% but hadn’t seen any figure. 
  • Options
    At present I make it just over 300 tickets left for Wimbledon match
  • Options
    How rigorous are the checks on the turnstiles with photo ID and the checking of the name on the ticket. 

I've got tickets for Saturday but in the missus and little fellas name. We all live in same house but she's only going as little fella wants to go, in normal circumstances I'd take him but we only got 2 ST this season and didn't think there would be implications with who takes him tbh. 
    I think one person has said the ID was checked, but no one else.
  • Options
    Unlucky in the ballot for Saturday but just got a ticket. Redeemed my ticket from the ballot for Tuesday at the same time.

I'm lucky that I live locally and can walk to and from the ground.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Relieved to say that I was successful in picking up 2 tickets at 3pm on the dot for the Fanackapans to join the rest of the family on Saturday and able to find them fairly close too.

Both parts of our family were successful for the Bristol Rovers match so all 5 booked now.  

Looking at the 3 in our group who have travelled away together for several seasons and meet in Crossbars before home matches, none of us were successful in the first ballots for both MKDons and Wimbledon but all 3 successful this afternoon for Bristol Rovers.

If the numbers rumoured regarding tier 3 season ticket holders is correct, that leaves apprx 2,400 eligible to purchase from tiers 1 & 2 for every home game, so surely it's not difficult to ensure everyone is guaranteed to be successful in every other ballot ....NOT 1 in 3 as is the case with the 10 regulars I'm directly in contact with. 

Yes, we have been able to purchase after the initial deadline was reached but not everyone is able to sit by their keyboard awaiting for the appropriate time in order to hoover up those tickets others have left behind ? 

I wonder where the response to my lengthy email sent on Friday evening is .....
  • Options
    Unsuccessful for MK and AFC Wimbledon games but got tickets to both on second round, and then successful for Brizzle Rovers so attending all 3 home games so far despite only being successful in one ballot. Also got the seat Infront of my season ticket last time out, the next available seat along this time around, and in my actual season ticket seat for the Tuesday game
  • Options
    on my ticket website it's offering me tickets now for the Wimbledon game after being unsuccessful initially and also have been successful for the Bristol Rovers ballot.

can't bring myself to go again on a freezing Tuesday night after the MK experience though.
  • Options
    Relieved to say that I was successful in picking up 2 tickets at 3pm on the dot for the Fanackapans to join the rest of the family on Saturday and able to find them fairly close too.

Both parts of our family were successful for the Bristol Rovers match so all 5 booked now.  

Looking at the 3 in our group who have travelled away together for several seasons and meet in Crossbars before home matches, none of us were successful in the first ballots for both MKDons and Wimbledon but all 3 successful this afternoon for Bristol Rovers.

If the numbers rumoured regarding tier 3 season ticket holders is correct, that leaves apprx 2,400 eligible to purchase from tiers 1 & 2 for every home game, so surely it's not difficult to ensure everyone is guaranteed to be successful in every other ballot ....NOT 1 in 3 as is the case with the 10 regulars I'm directly in contact with. 

Yes, we have been able to purchase after the initial deadline was reached but not everyone is able to sit by their keyboard awaiting for the appropriate time in order to hoover up those tickets others have left behind ? 

Someone mentioned on here that around 1500 ST holders out of 4900 are from Kent so that leaves 3400 so you've got around 60% chance of being successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:

Someone mentioned on here that around 1500 ST holders out of 4900 are from Kent so that leaves 3400 so you've got around 60% chance of being successful.
    Ah, thought I'd read tier 3 had apprx 2,400 season ticket holders....

Then again, how many over 70s/those with medical conditions etc have opted out of the 4,900 for the season ? 
  • Options
    As I'm in tier 3 I haven't had a single email at all. If Kent is lowered to tier 2 on the 16th, and/or the Government relax the restrictions for Boxing Day (seeing as they have allowed 3 family "groups" to meet up over xmas) I would hope the club contact tier 3 ST holders first for the Plymouth match before anyone else.

It has been really painful & sad to see others, especially non ST holders, getting to go to matches when I bought a ST months ago & have supported the club for 45 years. It seems that I'm being denied going to see my team just because I happen to live 2 miles outside of tier 2, even though Covid cases here are less than in Greenwich.

Fuming  !!!
  • Options
    Belv said:

Ah, thought I'd read tier 3 had apprx 2,400 season ticket holders....

Then again, how many over 70s/those with medical conditions etc have opted out of the 4,900 for the season ? 
    Yeah, fair point. Probably means you have better than 60% chance then although doesn't seem to be the case for many.
  • Options
    Imagine Kent moves into tier 2 while London moves into 3.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Well then games at 'The Valley' will revert to 'behind closed doors'
  • Options
    I never received an email for either game. 
    Sent an email to the club earlier asking why.
    Just been offered tickets for both Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Belv said:
    Well then games at 'The Valley' will revert to 'behind closed doors'
    I know.

Was more a point of how annoyed Kent residents would be.
  • Options
    Belv said:

On our *small* extended group, we are hitting closer to 65% success rate (tho individually much higher/lower)
  • Options
    As I'm in tier 3 I haven't had a single email at all. If Kent is lowered to tier 2 on the 16th, and/or the Government relax the restrictions for Boxing Day (seeing as they have allowed 3 family "groups" to meet up over xmas) I would hope the club contact tier 3 ST holders first for the Plymouth match before anyone else.

It has been really painful & sad to see others, especially non ST holders, getting to go to matches when I bought a ST months ago & have supported the club for 45 years. It seems that I'm being denied going to see my team just because I happen to live 2 miles outside of tier 2, even though Covid cases here are less than in Greenwich.

Fuming  !!!
    If it's any consolation, it was even more painful to be at The Valley last Wednesday...

I can't see Kent moving out of Tier 3 on the 16th, but the government will have to decide what will be allowed over the 5 day Christmas period. Weirdly we then have no home game until the 9th January, indeed the Christmas/New Year  schedule for us is if anything lighter than what we've faced in the autumn
  • Options

Fuming  !!!
    If it's any consolation, it was even more painful to be at The Valley last Wednesday...

I can't see Kent moving out of Tier 3 on the 16th, but the government will have to decide what will be allowed over the 5 day Christmas period. Weirdly we then have no home game until the 9th January, indeed the Christmas/New Year  schedule for us is if anything lighter than what we've faced in the autumn
    Just looked at the figures on the COVID-19 study I participate in. The Swale area is still very high and the areas to the south of the county are rising. Even Tunbridge Wells is getting closer to the numbers for Greenwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Bloody hell...i was printing my ticket for Saturday this afternoon, when my phone pinged and confirmed i was lucky for the Rovers match....Thats the last 3 games i have been successful.... Shame i never get that luck in the VG draw...
  • Options
    Still 217 tickets are available for Wimbledon on Saturday 
  • Options
    suspect there’s more chance of of London going into Tier 3 over the next three weeks than there is of you Kents coming out of it. 

• Options
    From London Councils:

Rates of Covid-19 infection are now rising in most parts of London, with rates in 21 boroughs increasing. London’s 7 day case rate stands at 169.6 per 100,000 - higher than the England average rate of 148.7.

On 2 December, London moved into Tier 2: High Alert level. Hospitality venues can open but only serve alcohol with substantial meals. Venues must stop taking orders at 10pm and must close by 11pm. There can be no mixing of households indoors, apart from support bubbles, and a maximum of six being able to meet outdoors. An overview of the Tier 2 restrictions can be found here.

There can be no guarantees the capital will remain in Tier 2 after the next review expected on 16 December. Londoners must redouble their efforts to ensure we don’t enter Tier 3 before Christmas. All in London, including the business sector, have suffered hardship and inconvenience but the positive advances made recently can only be sustained if Londoners observe the regulations, including around inter-household mixing.

London’s 7 day case rate of 169.6 per 100,000 is up from 163.6 yesterday and 28 boroughs still have rates of above 100 cases per 100,000 (the same as yesterday). Meanwhile, 4 local authorities still have a confirmed 7 day case rate greater than 250 per 100,000.

• Options

Think lights flash up if going in on a younger ticket! 
  • Options
    Leave the great unwashed of Kent in tier 3, while the rest of us can cherry pick the games we like .

I’m not serious and it’s obviously  a mare for those who wish to go and aren’t allowed to .
  • Options

Think lights flash up if going in on a younger ticket! 
    My print at home ticket last week was checked by the person doing the temperature check. It did identify me as a MR.

• Options

Mate - you’ll be fine, no one even asked for ID against MK dons 
  • Options
    clive said:
    It was a strange decision by the club to abandon the ballot rotation system so quickly, but it still looks as though there will be tickets remaining after the deadline passes on Monday, it must very frustrating for season ticket holders who attend most matches home & away to see season ticket holders not taking up the offer of tickets.
    It will be interesting to see if other clubs are having the same issues & how they are resolving them maybe @MillwallFan or @Big_Bad_World can tell us how their clubs ballot/ticket system is working.
    You're allowed tickets if you can boo.
  • Options
    From London Councils:

Rates of Covid-19 infection are now rising in most parts of London, with rates in 21 boroughs increasing. London’s 7 day case rate stands at 169.6 per 100,000 - higher than the England average rate of 148.7.

On 2 December, London moved into Tier 2: High Alert level. Hospitality venues can open but only serve alcohol with substantial meals. Venues must stop taking orders at 10pm and must close by 11pm. There can be no mixing of households indoors, apart from support bubbles, and a maximum of six being able to meet outdoors. An overview of the Tier 2 restrictions can be found here.

There can be no guarantees the capital will remain in Tier 2 after the next review expected on 16 December. Londoners must redouble their efforts to ensure we don’t enter Tier 3 before Christmas. All in London, including the business sector, have suffered hardship and inconvenience but the positive advances made recently can only be sustained if Londoners observe the regulations, including around inter-household mixing.

London’s 7 day case rate of 169.6 per 100,000 is up from 163.6 yesterday and 28 boroughs still have rates of above 100 cases per 100,000 (the same as yesterday). Meanwhile, 4 local authorities still have a confirmed 7 day case rate greater than 250 per 100,000.

Some good news at last then. London can jump up into tier 3 & no-one can go to any games from xmas onwards.

Fair for all I say  😆