Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I wouldn't be surprised if TS organises a post match call with Bows this week, and asks to ditch the pre match one. Bow's said the call was to talk about tactics so things make sense. So come on then, somebody. What were our tactics for this game? 
  • Options
    If Sandgaard did forbid these tactics and Bowyer didn't walk, it might help him. 
  • Options
    PWR

Unable to watch the stream today so cannot comment really but the timing of Swindon's equaliser suggests either yet another lapse of concentration at the death or deep,deep defending rather than carrying on doing what got us in front in the first placce! I guess Swindon might have produced an inspired passage of play no team could reasonably defend but somehow I doubt that.

Whichever it was late goals stuff us too often.
  • Options
    As the player said. “We never ever work on tactics” 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    All quite evident but we need people asking Bows about this topic in interviews.
  • Options
    On reflection, perhaps we shouldn't be expecting to take the game to and beat a side that has lost more games (16) than any of the other 92 clubs!
  • Options
    Relieved to note Bow did not miss the 6 on 3 attack we decided to bottle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relieved to note Bow did not miss the 6 on 3 attack we decided to bottle
    Maybe we'd have had more 6 on 3s if Bowyer hadn't bottled the entire match
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    To those who were moaning at the fans for coming out the woodwork when we don't do so well in a game, remember that applies to the players too
  • Options
    Terrible from Bowyer - again. Would a different manager be getting better out of this squad of players? I think theres a case to be made
    Depends who that Manager is... We've learnt from Parkinson | Slade | Robinson that its VERY easy to get trapped at this level if you dont get the right man
    To be honest I actually think parkinson done a decent enough job with no funds
    But ur right its easy to get trapped at this level without the funding
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Think that's a bit ridiculous tbh. Where were these comments last week lol? 
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
    And Morgan.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The reality is we started the season with a half decent striker. I mean a decent striker that can play a half, that's it. There isn't another striker at the club. With our squad, add two /three decent strikers and we'd be smashing teams up, like last week, very often. The frustrating thing is, Bowyer is already talking down January so he knows that the striker situation is unlikely to change dramatically and midfield is similar. There is only slight wiggle room on our salary cap, so it matters not how much TS has or is willing to invest. Our purse strings are tied, like every other club in this frigging league. 

What I'm left asking is "Could another manager get more points out of our squad?"

Bowyer gets a lot of stock, rightly so, but could someone come in and do any better with the resources at hand. 

I ask this 

Do you think another manager would get more points with our squad?

Yes/No

I say no....
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
    And Morgan.
    Back in Training next week thankfully
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reality is we started the season with a half decent striker. I mean a decent striker that can play a half, that's it. There isn't another striker at the club. With our squad, add two /three decent strikers and we'd be smashing teams up, like last week, very often. The frustrating thing is, Bowyer is already talking down January so he knows that the striker situation is unlikely to change dramatically and midfield is similar. There is only slight wiggle room on our salary cap, so it matters not how much TS has or is willing to invest. Our purse strings are tied, like every other club in this frigging league. 

What I'm left asking is "Could another manager get more points out of our squad?"

Bowyer gets a lot of stock, rightly so, but could someone come in and do any better with the resources at hand. 

I ask this 

Yes/No

I say no....
    Are you saying Washington is not a striker? Absolute nonsense. 

And Bogle is a striker, just not always a very effective finisher. Took his goal quite well today (and then botched one, yes) - to say he isn't even a striker is ridiculous 
  • Options
    It’s all words now. Finger pointing etc is pointless, it’s just wasted energy I don’t have at the moment. 

Just do something about it all players and management, and show us we can control and win games.
  • Options

I ask this 

Yes/No

I say no....
    I say yes. But if he could be forced to be less negative, Bowyer would get more points.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That old chestnut "no-one is bigger than the club" is beginning to occur to me.  Parkinson was given the heave ho for less.
  • Options
    That old chestnut "no-one is bigger than the club" is beginning to occur to me.  Parkinson was given the heave ho for less.
    Yeah and we potentially wasted another year in League One...
  • Options
    Nice guy Thomas won’t suffer fools, not saying I want LB gone but these last minute goals and far too defensive tactics last 20 mins in games are happening far to often and costing us points, this season & last season. 
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
    And Morgan.
    As Morgan was self isolating why didn't we just call the match off. Peterborough have. 
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
    And Morgan.
    As Morgan was self isolating why didn't we just call the match off. Peterborough have. 
    cos he wouldn't of played anyway knowing Bowyer 
  • Options
    We need shinnie back
    And Morgan.
    cos he wouldn't of played anyway knowing Bowyer 
    Yeah you're probably right, would have been the perfect replacement for either JFC or MM