Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Why not sell all of our attacking players in January and buy defenders?
  • Options
    i know he had a game or two earlier on in the season where some said he did well which unfortunately for him i didn't see but what I have seen of Gilbey i'm not convinced that he's actually a footballer. 
    To my eyes, Gilbey was poor before his injury. This is just more of the same. And Bogle definitely isn’t a footballer. Very poor.
  • Options
    One thing Thomas could do is demand attacking play or Bowyer will be sacked. Save the bloke from himself.
  • Options
    Even if Bowyer held his hands up & said OK it was my fault I made the wrong subs & wrong tactics would you bet against him doing exactly the same thing in our next game ?
    That's the problem. I said this against Shrewsbury as well - his lack of acknowledging the issue makes me worry that nothing is going to change. 
  • Options
    I remember comments from redhenry I believe saying we have spent loads of money on Gilbey per week. I don't really see what he brings. Thought Watson had a great game though, played really well
  • Options
    I remember comments from redhenry I believe saying we have spent loads of money on Gilbey per week. I don't really see what he brings. Thought Watson had a great game though, played really well
    Didnt Gilbey and Washington get signed before the Salary Cap was introduced?
  • Options
    Even if Bowyer held his hands up & said OK it was my fault I made the wrong subs & wrong tactics would you bet against him doing exactly the same thing in our next game ?
    yes, because thats what happens when you admit your mistakes, you learn from them. Sadly Bowyer hasn't admitted to himself that he's wrong yet.
  • Options
    I mentioned before the game that him bigging up the  first half against Wimbledon in his press conference was worrying. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Was the same as a player which suggests he’s possibly not cut out for management  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer and Boris can both do one.

Terrible subs cost us again, so defensive when we should have been taking the game to them.

Just so disappointing we cant defend when teams throw everything at us.
    Not just the subs though is it. Why are we starting games without our best players. Why do we normally wait until the hour to bring on Aneke (HT today) ? Start him tell him he's got an hour & then see how he feels, motivate him to show the form that he shows coming off the bench. It's ridiculous that our only striker worthy of the name plays only 30 minutes of most games. Why isn't our most creative player JW on the pitch at least for some of each game ?
  • Options
    We didn't have a game on Tuesday to tire the two stars of our best half an hour of the season!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Washington had a few opportunities when running with the ball but didnt make the right decision
    Or Gilby when he got the ball on the left and had two Charlton men in aches of space to pass to, and instead passed the ball off the pitch. 
  • Options
    Those aren't really chances are they? They were instances where we could have fashioned chances. Tenuous at best
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    Washington had a few opportunities when running with the ball but didnt make the right decision
    Or Gilby when he got the ball on the left and had two Charlton men in aches of space to pass to, and instead passed the ball off the pitch. 
    He also had that similar shot to Bogle in the first half that sailed over... Its why the players have to take some of the blame today

Even when there are six defenders on, dont keep putting your foot through it every time but maybe stop and think for a second - There are so many better ways to take the pressure off yourselves, even when you dont have the creative players on the pitch... Its why I didnt feel massively concerned just prior to the goal because for the most part we were getting the ball and keeping it, it was then the pass further up the pitch that we over-played instead of potentially going to the corner flag

Shrewsbury when we drew 1-1 was no different, doesnt matter if Williams was on the pitch or not, if Gunter didnt panic and swipe at the ball then they dont get a penalty!!

Decision Making HAS to improve

Bowyer can tell them to do this and that but its no difference to the COVID thread, you can give as many instructions as you want but its basic human instinct to do what we each think is the right thing
  • Options
    Where has the exciting football we played under Bows in the promotion season? We went forwards for fun and always looked like we might score. Last season has really eroded his tactical confidence to the point I’m worrying he might not be here past February if we keep this up 
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    Where has the exciting football we played under Bows in the promotion season? We went forwards for fun and always looked like we might score. Last season has really eroded his tactical confidence to the point I’m worrying he might not be here past February if we keep this up 
    No pace in the current team... Our problem in the promotion season was the fact we relied too heavily on Grant and Taylor because they were the only two with any pace

Even now they're probably quicker than anyone we've got apart from Smyth and Doughty

So we're having to play a slightly less impressive way which ironically is resulting in more goals all over the pitch
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    The second half last week was pretty exciting...
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    i know he had a game or two earlier on in the season where some said he did well which unfortunately for him i didn't see but what I have seen of Gilbey i'm not convinced that he's actually a footballer. 
    To my eyes, Gilbey was poor before his injury. This is just more of the same. And Bogle definitely isn’t a footballer. Very poor.
    Gilbey has been shit since he signed.
    Bit unfair. In the opening 2 games of the season he played well. Remember his great run and pass to doughty for the first goal at crewe?

But since he's come back from injury I totally agree.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Those aren't really chances are they? They were instances where we could have fashioned chances. Tenuous at best
    If that's your thoughts on it then fair enough. If we have a pot shot at the goal from 35 yards, and it goes wide, do you count that as a chance? 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Gilbey has been shit since he signed.
    Bit unfair. In the opening 2 games of the season he played well. Remember his great run and pass to doughty for the first goal at crewe?

But since he's come back from injury I totally agree.
    Does he even suit playing in a diamond, especially when we played those two games in a 4-3-3 formation

Is he better passing the ball to someone with pace

e.g. that Doughty ball when someone can get on the end of it even if it is slightly over hit, unlike Aneke today?