Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Now I've calmed down a bit (hit the vape) I'm a little more sanguine. The result wasn't great but it wasn't a disaster. We've got reinforcements coming in January and it was only last week we put put 5 away and everyone was talking about pissing the league. With better options off the bench I'm confident we'll see more positive substitutions going forward. Still 100% support.

wmcf123 said:
    This isn’t a promotion side because of our forwards.  No criticism aimed at them or the management team, who were doing last minute shopping on a shoe string . 
    What makes you think these better options on the bench will result in positive substitutions. JW on the bench a week after a great performance a goal & an assist & bowyer prefers 4 full backs ???
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Many of fans can act a bit blinkered/hopeful and gloss over our weaknesses with essay length posts. I've seen this done for our weakness in conceding and also our injury record. 
  • Options
    That was crap. Annoyed with Bowyer. Swindon were terrible and we invited them to draw with us. 
    Not much more to add, except it ain't pretty to watch either. Is it meant to be entertainment?

Can't single out any player as being particularly bad, or good for that matter. Look forward to the revolutionary 5-5-0 formation for our next few games.
  • Options
    They were the exact same awful Swindon who we smashed earlier in the season, in the game TS attended. It was either a friendly or a cup game. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    They were the exact same awful Swindon who we smashed earlier in the season, in the game TS attended. It was either a friendly or a cup game. 
    Cup game... That day, the same as today they kept the high line which played right into Doughty's hands

Remember him getting a few attempts to run beyond their back four
  • Options
    The reality is we started the season with a half decent striker. I mean a decent striker that can play a half, that's it. There isn't another striker at the club. With our squad, add two /three decent strikers and we'd be smashing teams up, like last week, very often. The frustrating thing is, Bowyer is already talking down January so he knows that the striker situation is unlikely to change dramatically and midfield is similar. There is only slight wiggle room on our salary cap, so it matters not how much TS has or is willing to invest. Our purse strings are tied, like every other club in this frigging league. 

What I'm left asking is "Could another manager get more points out of our squad?"

Bowyer gets a lot of stock, rightly so, but could someone come in and do any better with the resources at hand. 

I ask this 

Do you think another manager would get more points with our squad?

Yes/No

I say no....
    It’s easy to say you would have done something different but as Purrington, followed by Matthews were brought on with Maatsen and Gunter  remaining on the field it was obvious Bowyer was trying to close up the shop with less outlets up front. Bowyer keeps doing this and again it backfired. I would hope he will learn from HIS mistakes but he is not one for taking responsibility. I am not advocating a managerial change but a more experienced manager would not keep making the same mistakes. 
  • Options
     Bogle and gilbey ! Why?
    Because we were scraping the barrel at the start of the season but why the worst striker I think I've ever seen is starting instead of one of the best in the division you'll need to ask Lee Bowyer.
    To be fair Gilbey was our first signing of the season

Bogle on the other hand was Schwartz staying put and the Salary Cap hindering us
    But my main point is why is bogle starting ?
  • Options
     Bogle and gilbey ! Why?
    Because we were scraping the barrel at the start of the season but why the worst striker I think I've ever seen is starting instead of one of the best in the division you'll need to ask Lee Bowyer.

Bogle on the other hand was Schwartz staying put and the Salary Cap hindering us
    Because Aneke is seen as a better impact sub

If Schwartz signs I'd be shocked if we dont see him start with Washington
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    AndyG said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Yet again we let a shit team steal points off us in the 
    last minute or so, just like Shrewsbury, Burton etc.
    i am not as disappointed at Bowyer as many of my fellow fans are, but I do question his final changes late in the Game, as pointed out by Curbs on valley pass with Scot Minto.
    what is painfully obvious is Since Ryan Innes has been out of the squad he have struggled with shite teams especially in defence, and we still desperately need a Proper Striker.
    we should have won today by at least two goals, and we do miss chances as much as we throw away valuable points.
    todays team has to improve as we are struggling to stay in the top Six, we Could be top but for all the wasted points.
    its time for some more investment from Thomas 👍👍
    Yes ofcourse that's the answer get TS to pile a load of money in and buy better players. Although not much point if they are taken off and replaced with defenders is it, they cant do alot from the bench
        Not quite,
       One good striker and two of our injured defenders
        Back and we could still get promotion.
        We were a very good with Ryan Innes in defence   
        And went on a superb run.
        If we want promotion we need a proper striker
        and a consistent defence 👍👍👍
    & a manager who will pick his best players from the start. Stop tinkering with line ups & tactics every game & stop thinking we are capable of stopping our opponents from scoring by taking off two midfielders & replacing them with full backs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Bogle and gilbey ! Why?

Not sure what Schwartz you mean. i put his name in to google and after all the spice bollocks i got Ronnie Schwartz. looks good from what i have seen of his record but why would he come to us if FC Midgit land or whatever they're called just signed him on a 2 and a half year deal? 
  • Options
    But can he defend?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
     Bogle and gilbey ! Why?

Not sure what Schwartz you mean. i put his name in to google and after all the spice bollocks i got Ronnie Schwartz. looks good from what i have seen of his record but why would he come to us if FC Midgit land or whatever they're called just signed him on a 2 and a half year deal? 
    This fella you mean? ;)

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    As the player said. “We never ever work on tactics” 
    Who said that ?
  • Options
     FC Midgit land aint got shit on us
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    As the player said. “We never ever work on tactics” 
    Who said that ?
    My money has been on Aneke
  • Options
    Has anyone ever asked Bowyer what he makes of the saying ‘The best form of defence is to attack!!!’....oh!!!, I’ll get me coat.😂, I think he’s rewritten the song we want a team of kermogants, to a team full of defenders!!. Predictable, negative, fed up!!.
  • Options
    Can’t read all the comments but seems Curbs in one the house!!!
    Ger him involved one way or the other !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In terms of achieving what he wants and given what he has witnessed over a sustained period of time, the tactics that Bowyer is employing can only be described as perverse.
  • Options
    I think these two lost points will feel worse come tomorrow and Monday. Just the sheer build up to such obvious events.
  • Options
    The reality is we started the season with a half decent striker. I mean a decent striker that can play a half, that's it. There isn't another striker at the club. With our squad, add two /three decent strikers and we'd be smashing teams up, like last week, very often. The frustrating thing is, Bowyer is already talking down January so he knows that the striker situation is unlikely to change dramatically and midfield is similar. There is only slight wiggle room on our salary cap, so it matters not how much TS has or is willing to invest. Our purse strings are tied, like every other club in this frigging league. 

What I'm left asking is "Could another manager get more points out of our squad?"

Bowyer gets a lot of stock, rightly so, but could someone come in and do any better with the resources at hand. 

I ask this 

Yes/No

I say no....
    Depends, if this hypothetical manager realised that keeping the opposition occupied with a midfield pushing forward might lead to them being unable to attack so often I would say yes. Lots more to consider of course but with TS money & obvious intent to move this club forward he would probably be able to attract a better standard of manager than we have had for years. If bowyers negativity/naivety  continues I guess we will find out sooner rather than later.
  • Options

I ask this 

Yes/No

I say no....
    Obviously it depends who the manager is.
    Curbishley is a yes.
  • Options

I ask this 

Yes/No

I say no....
    i would get more out of this squad 
  • Options
    Yes, it shows our squad is up to it. The question is whether Bowyer is. It is too early to write off the season. We have to ask ourselves if this defensive crap is going to continue.